What are you favorite podcast?

What are you favorite podcast?
Philosophy, history, politics, science, technology, bonus points for general comfy stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
phonelosers.org/snowplowshow/
m.soundcloud.com/user-571934716/episode-27-voltaires-dictionary-part-i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the one where i talk about fucking ur mom

In our Time
Revolutions
Quirks & Quarks
History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
The British History Podcast
99% Invisible
Dan Snow's History hit

Thats b
That's weak even for Veeky Forums

ur mom is weak even for Veeky Forums

These look great! Thank you for the recommendation

Joe Rogan
Philosophise This
BBC In Our Time for books I have read
The Ben Shapiro Show for politics

In Our Time

Cumtown is the only good podcast

Why the fuck would you expose yourself to retards discussing shit they have no idea about?

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard

someone posted this last time

is it a joke? because it sucked

ekouter.net for french listeners, you got a shitload of podcast on philosophy, law, psychology, religion, whatever.

If ya didn't like it ya didn't like it. That being said I find it gut bustingly funny

If you started with the first episode it might have not had a strong impression since the boys are finding their feet. The introduction of the Seth Dickfield character (Ep 4?) is when the show really picks up.

Everyone should listen to 5 to 10 minutes of Chapo Trap House once just to realize how pathetic lefties are when they try to emulate Veeky Forums-type humor.

Oui :)

>ekouter.net
Damn, this looks nice. Too bad I understand only a few words of frog. :(

Professor Hallett?

>Revolutions

such dogshit

Veeky Forums didn't invent irony.

phonelosers.org/snowplowshow/

A Tier

In Our Time
>Academics discuss various topics in science/philosophy/history etc
Dungey State University
>Political philosophy, the latest one was kinda lame but all the others have been awesome. Very passionate and enlightening discussions.
Human Arts
>Lectures on literature and philosophy by Wes Cecil
The History of Rome/Revolutions
>Awesome history podcasts by Mike Duncan, the gold standard of history podcasts
Reveal
>Investigative journalism
Slavoj Žižek – Collected Recordings
>Over 180 Zizek lectures, I know he's divisive on Veeky Forums but I like Zizek

B Tier

Doomed to Repeat It
>Canuck history teacher tries to explain historical topics to his ditzy friend. It's not super in depth history but it's kinda charming.
Shakespeare in Contemporary Theory
>discussions on Shakespeare with various scholars
Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature)
>Discussions on various authors/philosophers/historical events
I Don't Even Own a Television
>Comedy podcast where they review bad books, can be really funny but can be better or worse depending on the book
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
>debates on various political issues, can be great but it depends on the topic and debaters
LSE public lectures and events
>lectures on various topics, can be great but it depends on the topic and lecturer
C-SPAN Lectures in History
>lectures on history, can be great but it depends on the topic and lecturer
Philosophy Bites
>10-20 minute discussions on various philosophy topics

>Philosophize This
I made a Patreon to pay for this show. I don't learn much but Stephen is good at what he does.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Zoe Nightingale. Cute and clever jewess with some spunk.

Anybody like the partially examined life? Just found it recently. Seemingly has personality, and the one on deleuze I listened to was interesting enough.

I've been listening to PEL since high school, they'be developed a lot over the years. The earlier episodes now have a paywall behind them though, so if you want to listen to their podcasts on some of the more canonical philosophers you'll have to pay. I surprisingly liked the episode on Henri Bergson, so if you've never heard of him I'd recommend a listen.

my car speakers make zizeck indiscernible, I would listen to it otherwise.

I just set the Bergson episode to my queue earlier today! Wasn't aware of the paywall, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Anyone listen to very bad wizards and find them repulsive? The only thing I like about them is when they belittle Sam Harris

yes, been sleeping to it for 3 years. The best podcast out there

Gonna give it a try hehe, if it's bad im gonna come get u in ur sleep

I've been considering joining their site recently. Do you have any experience with it?

Maybe retarded to ask, but are there good Dutch podcasts?

I don't have any experience with them, sadly, but I've also considered getting my PEL citizenship (for those who don't know, it's $5/month). They have online book clubs/discussions and it also allows you to listen to the full, ad-free versions of all their podcasts. I'd say go for it, it's only $5—you probably throw away that much money on coffee, so why not?

Weet ik niet broer, nu ben ik er ook geinteresseerd naar.

I'll have you know I spend around 300 American dollars a week on drugs. I'll join later.

>I Don't Even Own a Television'

sounds fun. any episode to recommend in particular?

The one on Bill O'Reilly's book Those Who Trespass, and the two parter on ICP: Behind the Paint are two good recent episodes.

>The earlier episodes now have a paywall behind them though
Good idea, since they were terrible. How have they improved since then?

The membership is worth it. It costs practically nothing and you can get access to all of their content without adds. The community is also pretty good. Different groups set texts to read and do online conversations to discuss them just like the podcast.

I currently listen to:
In Our Time
British History Podcast
Revolutions
History of Byzantium
Good Job Brain
Hardcore History

I used to listen to Escape Pod and Podcastle before I realized I was skipping most of the shitty stories they chose. Beneath Ceaseless Skies is a bit better, but still hit and miss.

I also listen to Langsam Gesprochene Nachrichten and Geschichte dear Deutschen to practice the language.

Why? I (not OP) think it's great.

It is great, is a retard.

You're all normies. Listen to kulturkampf
m.soundcloud.com/user-571934716/episode-27-voltaires-dictionary-part-i

the host of In Our Time is such a useless cunt I want to kick his teeth in

I enjoyed this very much.

Hardcore history is shit. I read march of the titans and learned so much more than that Jewish Manlet carlin will ever teach.

NPR Politics is pretty good compared to the typical hyper biased shit they put out.

They actually discuss power dynamics.

Irony is old hat, Veeky Forums postirony
is where it's at

Vipers view

reddit

op, what you're looking for is partially examined life. some people have mentioned it in the thread. you dont really want to stay up with it, more as you listen to philosophers go back and try to find their episode and it makes you feel like you read it with a class of intelligent people. in our time too, but that's worse. history of philosophy without any gaps and the history of rome one are interesting if you really need to burn time, but id recommend listening to an audiobook instead of those.

does anyone on this thread know of a podcast that does a history without any gaps for music? or just a history of music podcast?

I'm the host of a philosophy of history of music podcast...

take that back faggot

Nobody in these threads ever mentions the New Books In... podcasts, and it really gets my goddamned goat. Actual legit academics discussing their actual legit work with a presenter who's also an actual legit academic.

Thank y'all for suggesting Partially Examined Life. Listening to the race episode now and it's amazing.

Called?

It's garbage, like all other alt-right media. Grade school critique of classical works they don't even scratch the surface of.

give us the name

are you the guy from PEL that does the music thing?

>teenage white supremacists discuss philosophers they barely understand

>The Ben Shapiro Show
He's clearly smart, but he uses his powers to spew boring neocon rhetoric. Sure he can out argue college kids, but really anyone could do that.

Dick Show

I'm not getting Katied faggots. I'm not the PEL guy and I'm happy in my obscurity.

Thank you for your recommendations.

The only one I've listened to is History of Rome, although I petered out shortly after Bishop Ambrose entered the political scene.

dude, it's a podcast, what are you talking about? just say the name of the podcast, not your own. what am i going to do? download it a second time from itunes?

literally travel back in time and prevent your mother from dropping you on your head, marvin is a treasure

no hes not

sleepycast

Nice. If you haven't already, check out Wes Cecil's lecture on intelligence. I believe its called The American Myth.

I especially loved it because it attacked a lot of these preconceptions we have over what we consider "smart."

srsly wrong is srsly good

Is there any famous or somewhat famous writer/philosopher who claimed that man is governed by natural law and his instincts? l can't find any.

pa-doo-doo-dooo me undieeees me undieeees caressing my fucking balls pa-doo-doo-doo

Are there any genuinely edgy podcasts?

Most of them are reddit tier.

I just listen to old Patrice shit if I want something audio while doing other stuff.

It's too bad he's not around to have his own podcast today.

F

would also be into that

also, anyone know some good podcasts for getting into classical music? or a good way to get into classical music/music theory?

Just listen to BBC 3 tbqh

Hobbes

kys

Commentary magazine's podcast

It's a us politics podcast from a Jewish conservative view

As a Catholic European it's pretty entertaining, also i love then joos

Sean's Russia Blog

>marvin

If you think he's such a treasure you could get his name right.

Thanks, these are new to me. Many good suggestions in this thread though.

I think we aren't mentioning Waking Up on purpose. I honestly think some episodes are good

lit podcasts are a waste.
Echo Screen Live from Clan of the Gray Wolf is great, about video games and related topics.

ragnar redbeard

>Dungey State University
First episode I listened to...
>(Ana Kaspariana) is the perfect example of life lived as art
This whole podcast is blindingly liberal. They make no attempts to view issues beyond their ideology