Admit it. You're no different, posting here

Admit it. You're no different, posting here.

Furthermore my dubs confirm

I didn't read a single book of the ones that i discuss here everyday. Not a single one

I don't let my cat near my books and I definitely don't have drinks near them

Are we confessing now?

Because me neither.I just pick up enough references that I can sound like I know what I'm talking about

>deliberately impairing your ability to understand the book by drinking

>Didn't buy any books in advance
>Finished the last one a few days ago
>Today the next one will arrive

I've been fucking around all these days.

You should try actually reading, it's even more fun than shitposting

Just go to the library and if you live in a free state get a cc permit and a pf9.

>needing a gun to go the library

what did americans mean by this?

Is that Alexandra Daddario?

I have a God-given right to defend my peace and quiet with deadly force if necessary

How the hell (shit)posting anonymously is equivalent to fishing for compliments on a social network?

???

because you're fishing for attention on a social network

That's an oversimplification. Of course people interact online. It's part of human nature.
However, the goal intended is not the same: fishing for status and imageboard culture is too different because of the anonymous nature.

But yes, you can cynically reduct every interraction to "fishing for attention".

>not reading exclusively while you're shitfaced so you can drop knowledge at parties with your state dependent memories and aren't burdened with the curse of knowledge while sober

I know man, i used to read a lot but now my shit brain and low attention span just don't let me do it.
I guess that reading is a lot like jogging, you need some level of steadiness to do it, but at the end you feel better and you do have fun doing it

I will admit that I have not read as much as I would like to over the past two years. The last book I read was Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, and the purpose was to gain a different perspective than what I had understood of it years before. I do plan on finding the time in my schedule to start reading more.

That being said, I am looking for a very thought out and well planned language study book for Spanish. My wife and her family are Honduran, and I need to finally push myself to learn proper communication with all of her family members. Does anyone have some recommendations?

I apologize for being off topic. I searched for a language thread and did not find one or missed it in the catalogue. I found this thread to possibly be the only one I could get away with asking.

posting le spectrum man

Just make a new thread, either about Spanish lit or about languages. This one is doomed to shitposting.

Underrated post; nice dubs

>kek-tek
Lmaoo

Most of my friends think I'm a pretentious nerd for reading. I post here because I have no one else to talk about books with.

>prioritizing "understanding," an abstract, unattainable ideal, rather than experience, which is heightened by the inebriation
you're never going to understand anything ever so just shut the fuck and sink another drink

If it's good enough for Zimmerman then it's good enough for everyone.

I've been doing a combination of Duolingo and Spanish for Reading: A Self-Instructive Course. It has been pretty good, I recommend the book, but as the title implies it's more helpful for understanding written Spanish, not spoken. Something you might try are beginner Spanish podcasts, like News in Slow Spanish or Coffee Break Spanish. Ultimately the best way though is to practice with your wife and actually speak it with her and get corrections.

This boy knows the deal

No, in fact, I go out of my way NOT to talk about literature to people. Not a conversation I want to have.

I'm anonymous. There's no status to be gained from posting here.

Nice dubs.

But I read a whole damn book today start to finish.

And it was a big boy book too.

So fuck you.

I have never read a book in my life, I just hate pseuds so much that I spend my day copying and pasting arguments about the books they champion from other sites. Essentially I'm like some sort of hate librarian, who shuffles negative opinions around to please myself.

>I just hate pseuds so much that I spend my day copying and pasting arguments about the books they champion from other sites.
This. Real intellectuals wouldn't feel the need to look smart, even anonymously.

this is an anonymous board. if i wanted credit for reading i would tell people i knew like on facebook. i come here to find new books i have never heard of

Why would I lie on an Indonesian mice ranching circle?

>misunderstanding a sequence of unambiguous images this badly

No one knows, or will know your name on Veeky Forums. It's a void. It gives the site its strength.

What is a cat? Some kind of giant rabbit?

Your computer is void

bazinga

>Using social media

At least you have friends.