Be me

>be me
>grow up with my mom that speaks a foreign language
>doesn't teach it to me
>sit at dinner with head down because everyone is speaking non-english and I have no way to contribute
>don't learn how to socialize well
> 30 y.o. now, same shit happened tonight
>thanks senpai

why

Take a class doofus, or ask for lessons!

too late now, damage is done and I would never use my skills outside of this limited scenario my friend

A thread died for this you faggot. Not your blog.

>I don't know how to be responsible for myself and make my own choices
Wow

that literally has nothing to do with it you dumb faggot.

/r9k/ is down the hall and to the left

thanks senpai

this is r9k shit not ck shit

but it has to do with the act of eating with senpai senpai

Yes, it literally does: TEACH YOURSELF you absolute mongrel.

If you can't speak a language that widely used by people around you, it is no one's fault but yours. You are your own responsibility.

this is a food and cooking board, not an eating board.

we don't give a shit if you eat your own vomit but your faggotass has to at least describe the flavor and how you prepared it.

You're missing the point.

1) At this point everyone is old as fuck. I would never achieve the fluency needed to truly converse with them. Once they die, I will barely ever use my skills.

Secondly, the only reason I'm upset is bc growing up in this way, I believe, has hindered my ability to socialize with others well. I could barely just care less of a fuck about conversing with them in their native tongue because it wouldn't fix my subconscious inability to have good conversations with ppl that was a result of the aforementioned not being able to speak at the dinner table as a child. Plus these dinners are so few and far between that the ROI wouldn't be worth it, but I still get triggered like a lil bitch.

Third, I have other responsibilities and interests that take up my time. Learning a language would just detract from that. I literally don't have the time.

the flavor of the main course was salty. I prepared it by having a shit childhood.

What language?

a difficult language located somewhere in Asia

Laotian?
Thai?
Vietnamese?

>Implying that wouldn't be useful outside of family interaction

chinese

it wouldn't be, because I know for a fact I wouldn't go out of my way to use it.

wrong, learn it for revenge and self actualization

lol nah, i have more efficient tools at my disposal for self-actualization

I pity hapas so much

Learning a language you can't apply daily is fucking waste of time, honestly. Your mind will slowly purge all you have learned and after 10 years only the most basic shit remains.

>t. years of mandatory french lessons

This is a waste of dubs and belongs in /int/ or Veeky Forums

t. post

That's the most Canadian thing I've ever read

kinda true

Actually German. We had to take 3 mandatory foreign languages classes in HS. It was retarded.

when i was in hs in murica it was the same deal. i've forgotten all but the basics of chinese.