Has anyone ever actually eaten an egg like this?

Has anyone ever actually eaten an egg like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HxpnNpupVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PIb3Ckqsh8I&ab_channel=MinuteCuisine
mathon.fr/cat-ustensiles-de-cuisine/toque-moule-et-cuit-oeuf/Coupe-oeuf-coque-PID27005.aspx
google.fr/search?rlz=1C1QJDB_enFR680FR681&biw=1366&bih=700&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=coquetier&oq=coquetier&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.80018.82093.0.82733.9.9.0.0.0.0.181.1027.0j8.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.8.1026...0i67k1.0.3HMD3QEiB4k
youtube.com/watch?v=SKX_ij_bIaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. I won't eat an egg if it's not fried or scrambled.

Only with toast soldiers mate

Aye I think burgers don't do that

Countless times. Is it that unusual?

Never, I've only ever seen that it presented that way in movies. For example (2:33):
youtube.com/watch?v=5HxpnNpupVQ

Jesus christ I forgot all about soft boiled eggs.

Shit was my life when I was a kid. Fucking delicious.

egg and soldiers was my treat breakfast right up until i was about 12. would get it on the odd weekend my mum wasn't hungover or asleep, or if i was sick off school, or on my birthday.

Countless times in the past. It's pretty good, but IMO too much hassle and effort for little result.

Totally foreign to me. For ages I thought it was just some old-timey or movie thing until I finally heard people saying they used to have it as kids.

Why would you go through all the effort of toast soldiers when you could just have poached egg on toast?

ever tried egg and soldiers? no? then why question it?

it's different when you're dipping and spooning the egg out of the shell.

I have tried it and the entire exercise is frivolous at best, even without needing a dedicated egg cup that can literally only be used for this express purpose.

kill yourself you autistic fuck

The animation in this is stellar. NFBoC always had the good shit.

this
also when you're done you turn the egg shell over, give it to your dad and laugh like a lunatic when he cracks the shell and finds out it's empty!

jej u mad

>toast soldiers
what?

Toast cut up into strips so you can have dippy egg

Protip: salt and pepper the toast before slicing, no need to try and season through the hole

>throwing an egg into boiling water for 5 minutes is a frivolous exercise for burgers

You Kulturschweine disgust me.

>boils an egg and makes sure to crack it just so and slices toast into strips called "soldiers" for no apparent reason and puts the egg on its own little cup and then dips the toast soldiers into the egg and then eats the eggwhite separately with a spoon instead of just having poached egg on toast

Your disgust is noted but worth less to me than the opinion of a dungbeetle.

>worth less to me than the opinion of a dungbeetle.
this whole thing of insulting people by saying 'you're about as x as a y' where x is a laudatory adjective and y is some incongruous, interchangeable animal or inanimate object only picked because it sounds funny is maximum dad-tier mock wit

Yeah, this morning actually. Eat it about once or twice a week.

Yeah, this morning actually. Eat it about once or twice a week.

Your tiny insect opinions are as coherent as they are relevant.

>can't parse an artfully bloated run-on sentence
kill yourself

>being retarded on purpose
kill yourself

better than being retarded by accident dude.

This whole thing of insulting people by saying "better than y being x" where x is a lambasting noun and y is you is maximum kid-tier mock wit.

Cos it's totally different

cheeky little cunt, looking for a spanking no doubt

Poached eggs
>breaking the egg slowly into a glass
>boiling water
>adding vingegar
>slowly placing the egg in a soup ladle so it doesn stick to the pot
>checking up on it so it doesn't get to dry
>getting the egg out without the water
>egg will melt out as soon as cut and waste all that goodness on everywhere but my mouth

Toast soldiers
>boil water
>place egg inside
>wait 5 Minutes
>remove egg
>place in egg cup
>eggy heaven will stay in the shell to be picked up with a nice piece of toast

How do you make a spoon sized hole in the top of the shell like that without fucking up the egg? It's the only thing holding me back from trying this.

Knock it with a spoon, remove small parts of the shell this your spoon fits in. It's like 2-3 finger moves.

Or just cute the top off with a knife.

yes and if you haven't, you're a subhuman

i rather do the same but with a regular fried egg

Do europoors really do this?

why

>Has anyone ever actually eaten an egg like this?
Yep. That was normal growing up. I don't eat them that way very often anymore; I prefer other methods of preparation to boiled.

This is simply the only way to eat an extra soft boiled egg, one that is so soft boiled that peeling the shell without making a mess is impossible. Hence, eat it out of the shell. Kind of like eating avocado or kiwi fruit out of their own hemisphere "bowls" when they are so ripe and soft that peeling would be a mess. I've been trying to soft boil eggs as close to the raw egg as possible (to prevent oxidized cholesterol in the yolk) and this method of serving them seems made for that.

>Americans actually don't have boiled egg and soldiers
What is wrong with you

perfection right here

i got to eat these fucking eggs they go bad in to days.

We eat it that way in continental breakfasts all over Europe.

Let's speak the French

A single task tool I have never seen in a French kitchen
youtube.com/watch?v=PIb3Ckqsh8I&ab_channel=MinuteCuisine

Another single task tool that I have seen
mathon.fr/cat-ustensiles-de-cuisine/toque-moule-et-cuit-oeuf/Coupe-oeuf-coque-PID27005.aspx

Egg cups are just called coquetier
google.fr/search?rlz=1C1QJDB_enFR680FR681&biw=1366&bih=700&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=coquetier&oq=coquetier&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.80018.82093.0.82733.9.9.0.0.0.0.181.1027.0j8.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.8.1026...0i67k1.0.3HMD3QEiB4k

omg you eat the egg shells too?

My nigga

Patrician as fuck

>calling your food retarded things like "bread soldiers," "spotted dick," "faggots"
yuros are literally not allowed to make fun of americans now

Holy fug

You're about to give up your guns you cucks, you don't get to talk shit

You could try this "half boiled" thing where you just dump it in a bowl.
youtube.com/watch?v=SKX_ij_bIaI

Mums toast soldiers was kino as a kid. Americans will never know that feel. Just another reason why we're the most comfy country in history lads.

Fuck that whole "soldiers" bullshit, but this right there is the best* way to have your egg for breakfast.

Didn't know that americans really don't do that…

>I have tried it and the entire exercise is frivolous at best,
What kind of "exercise"?
>even without needing a dedicated egg cup that can literally only be used for this express purpose.
OK, I'll admit, that this could be seen as a stupid unitasker.
Hence, I dont own egg cups, and just use my shot glasses. funny enough, a good friend of mine does it the other way round. He has some egg cups and uses tose as shot glasses as needed.

*desu, poached eggs are god tier too, but they require more work and are easier to fuck, wheras a soft boild egg is almost impossbile to fuck up, as long as you own a clock, watch or mobile phone.

Me reading this thread:

>>there are people that don't eat eggs like this?

>>they think this is difficult...

>>Not having egg cups....

>>No soldiers

Americans; you are fucking swines, enjoy your cheese from a can, your fake culture deserves it.

The English language has been around longer than your country. You named gays after large meatballs or a bundle of sticks. What the fuck is that about. You don't even grill your grilled cheese sandwiches. Your football is not played with the feet, your cheese is not cheese. Want me to go on? Americans are a laughing stock. It's almost as if they are trying to take words that already exist and create their own language.

ayy fuck you m80
our toast soldiers are better, just like how we were better in WWII

a country that brags about eating boiled eggs and toast probably doesn't have a whole lot going for it

As opposed to a country that that thinks of gays as big meatballs.

Maybe boiled eggs and toast are just amazing tho.

we get it, you take it up the ass

I'm not the one who sees a gay bloke and a thinks meaty balls.

Germany here. We eat our eggs almost exclusively like this at breakfast.

my entire childhood, now i prefer french omelette but still, a softboiled egg is a thing of beauty

Poached eggs
>simmer water
>crack egg into water
>wait 5 minutes
>pull poached egg out of water with slotted spoon and put on delicious toast
>mop up "spilled" egg yolk with last bits of toast

>boil water
>place egg inside
>wait five minutes
>run down to the charity shop real quick and hope they have some dead grandmas egg cup collection
>wasn't quick enough, pot boiled out and has warped on the burner after sitting on it empty
>go back to the charity shop and buy new pot
>wash bed bugs and old people smell out of new pot and egg cup
>boil water
>place egg inside
>wait 5 minutes
>remove egg
>place in cup
>crack egg open with spoon
>wait fuck it split the wrong way
>boil water
>place egg inside
>wait five minutes
>remove egg
>place egg in cup
>geeeeently crack open egg JUST so
>dip in toast that has long since gone cold and wonder why you didn't just poach the egg like a decent human being

Honestly have never heard of this until now. I actually learned something on Veeky Forums today.

Theyre called french toast ticks and we have them in the US. Why do britbongs insist on acting so special?

French toast sticks have egg, cinnamon and sugar added. Soldiers are strips of toast with butter. If you love it, Marmite too.

Got just the thing for you.

says the man who has never ONCE eaten a toasted soldier sandwich

>obsession: the post

>Give up
Sure

>this is ACTUALLY what British children have to do for fun because they have no freedom

Holy fuck.

This just makes me think of pale malnourished pansy british kids from the 40s

pic most definitely related

Mah nigguh

What a little pair of meatballs.

>he doesn't have one of these bad boys in his kitchen

Get with the times grandpa

Amerishart denier detected.

Has anyone ever stuck their dick in one of these?

butter the toast too, also put some salt on the egg yellow.

I like soft-boiled eggs just fine, but I peel the egg and cut it in half on toast instead.

Some kind of autojew?

This is Veeky Forums, what do you think?

>implying a grandfather is less likely to have an egg topper

every trendy restaurant in NYC is serving soldiers right now

Thanks for the link. It is definitely the fastest way I've seen a soft boiled egg leave the shell. I steam my soft boiled eggs for 7 minutes. Sometimes if take them out sooner than that the whites are too soft and still cling to the shell. If I cut my time even shorter, down to 4-5 minutes, I think I can get that egg to drop out without clinging to the shell. Fascinating, can't wait to try this tomorrow morning.

do want

I don't really like larded eggs, so yes.

>takes one hour to eat one egg
why the fuck

>"omg do yuros really do this OMG yuros"
>gets btfo
>"OBSESSED lol"

>Dippy egg.
Are you a child?

yes, always. we used shot glasses(parents didnt drink)

I'd shell the egg first. Eating it like that seems like you'd get egg shells all over the place.

children are not allowed to post on this website, user is just trying to talk about food, in this case the dippy egg

it's basically the least likely to do that of all egg cooking methods dude

>egg yellow
I really hope English isn't your first language. If it is, you're a complete fucking mong.

I'd wager my left nut it's a britbongian. Most of their food names sound like 2 year old toddler babble.

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

Sharters BTFO (as per usual).