Veeky Forums newfag. I just read The Stranger by Camus and i really liked it...

Veeky Forums newfag. I just read The Stranger by Camus and i really liked it. I identified with Meursault's character : his apathy, his dissociation and his passiveness. Any books similar to this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

player.fm/series/entitled-opinions-about-life-and-literature/alice-kaplan-on-albert-camus-and-the-stranger
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you're supposed to hate him

I also enjoyed the stranger and empathized with mersault

we share certain traits, we're both intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

>

>ha I'll show him with this witty barb

eliot rodger

well considering Camus was a retard and this book is aimed at edgy 14 year olds, I'd recommend some other YA trash that reddit loves like vonnegut or McCarthy

nice

I would suggest ignoring this insufferable faggot, except that he is right about who the book is aimed at.

Recommend this podcast on the subject, there are times of life to be reading certain Camus works. As far as moody existentialism and nihilism, as a new reader you might as well move on to Mishima.

>tfw you are on The Fall

player.fm/series/entitled-opinions-about-life-and-literature/alice-kaplan-on-albert-camus-and-the-stranger

>tfw just turned 15 and read Tolstoyevsky
>tfw superior to all the underage leddit tards

Oh and this. Nabokov translation.

>edgy 14 year olds

You're supposed to dislike Mersault for the filthy nihilistic piece of shit he is. Delete this thread and read the sticky you pleb.

>ignoring his redemption under the shadow of the blade

Jesus Christ, that was me 10 years ago.

You might like Kafka. The Metamorphosis is quintessential high school lit, just like The Stranger.

Journey to the End of the Night? Has apathy and nihilism in spades together with some pretty black comedy. Notably different in that the main character is deeply cynical to the point of outright misanthropy. Not an easy read given the author's writing style!... and it supposedly loses a lot in translation, though since I don't speak French I can't really comment on that.

Amsterdam stories - nescio

steppenwolf

catcher in the rye. it's highschool tier but you'll probably like it if you haven't read it before

the stranger is highschool tier too

everyone reads it when they're around 15 in french countries