Is it possible to be a great scientist with sub 85 iq? Feynman only had 110

Is it possible to be a great scientist with sub 85 iq? Feynman only had 110.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NeS4ueaU6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yet another fucking brainlet complaining about iq
A thread died for this.

Have you actually tested it?
Are you black by any chance?

>Feynman only had 110.
I'm sure he didn't. Maybe the test sucked, maybe he didn't pay enough attention and just wanted to get it over with, or any other explanation is more plausible tbqh. He was a genius.
But why is everyone here still obsessing with IQ for fucks sake, why not occupy your mind with something you actually can change, like idk, your knowledge?

Inb4 muh iq matters its the only thing validating muh smartness

>Is it possible to be a great scientist
Not with that attitude. You become a great scientist by finding something that's unexplained by anybody and poking at it until you can explain it.

Adding to that, it doesn't count unless the explanation correctly describes the universe, and other people can do the same things you did and get the same results.

Yes, it's 82.
No, I'm white.

Can I be an engineer (civil)?
asian

Hmmmm okay but I mean what if I failed Calc I I can still be a great scientist right?

What do you consider a great scientist? You definitely won't be the new Von Neumann but that doesn't mean you can't contribute to science. It's all up to you to be honest.

>Can I be an engineer (civil)?
Yes. Because most Civil Engineers are Brainlets like you,unlike Scientists..

>Is it possible to be a great scientist with sub 85 iq?
You can become a Brainlet Social "Scientist" or Shitty Brainlet PopSci Entertainers as Bill Nye.

I'm 100% with .
I mean, IQ is a very relative thing IMO. It doesn't mean that much, especially considering most of what the test results offer are very specific, not-real-world-applied questions.

So yes, you can become a great scientist. Definitely not a "new Einstein"(seeing as Sabrina Gonzalez Pasterski is already that, haha), but then again almost nobody could possibly hope to contribute that much.

Just keep studying, don't give a fuck about IQ, stop being a filthy underage and worrying whether you're white or black, and you might eventually be useful for science.

Remember: talent is great, but nothing beats hard work.

>iq doesnt test reasoning ability
>only autistic shapes and word rearrangement
>sci is obsessed with iq

>>iq doesnt test reasoning ability
Official IQ tests administered by professionals do. That's what verbal IQ means.

This
Whatever Feynman got on an iq test he clearly was incredibly smart. People should recognise that he picked up physics at a very early age and gave a talk to Pauli, Neumann and Einstein as a student. He wasn't just some plucky kid who worked hard.

>I'm sure he didn't.
Why should we trust your gut-feeling? There is no evidence whatsoever for any of the things you claim.
IQ is probably applicable to the majority of people, but it's not a flawless metric of intelligence. It's possible that Feynman's brain worked in a very different way from the average person and his genius couldn't be detected by traditional IQ tests.
This is not to give false hope to people who have scored low on IQ tests, however. If someone were as smart as Richard Feynman they'd have known it long before they took that shitty online IQ test.

Isn't working hard to achieve mediocrity just pathetic though?

>IQ can't change

According to the US military sub 83 IQ makes you worthless.

Dont trust a 29 question IQ test .

According to the US military you are unable to do anything other than reduce the effeciency of any work you do.

>It doesn't mean that much, especially considering most of what the test results offer are very specific, not-real-world-applied questions.
Are you at all aware of what an IQ test is supposed to measure? This sentence makes me doubt you understand anything at all about them.

> It's possible that Feynman's brain worked in a very different way from the average person and his genius couldn't be detected by traditional IQ tests.
Feynman was human, not an alien. A physicist absolutely requires a highly developed capacity for spatial and arithmetic abstraction, because those things define physics as a field.

>Is it possible to be a great scientist with sub 85 iq

Yes... hard dedicated work is much more important than smarts.

For Example, I am a great programmer, BUT not because I am brilliant but because I break big problem into little problems. Solving big problems is hard, but solving little problems is easy, all you have to do to be a GREAT programmer is break big problems into little problems.

I'm interested. Tell us about your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=5NeS4ueaU6w

no really
what is your occupation
what was your education like
how well do you relate to your peers?

I am not the 80 year old dude.. it was joke.

The movie "The Jerk" has one of the best "tell me your life story" beginnings.

too bad
I thought it explained a lot about the popularity of that movie that a stupid person found it funny

I was thinking that his brain could have worked more like that of an artist. Capacity for abstract thinking is not something you can easily quantify with IQ tests. You can be have full blown autism and zero creativity and still score 140+ on IQ tests.

Not on STEM, but you can have a great career in the social "sciences" and humanities with a sub 85 IQ.

use mensa.org