If I want to get a PhD in Machine Learning and become an AI researcher

If I want to get a PhD in Machine Learning and become an AI researcher.
Should I get a degree in Math or Computer Science?
The university I'm applying two gave me two offers
One was Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence
the other Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence

lol who's the woman? diversity hire much? didn't know they were cucked back in Eisenstein's time.

Well it's pretty obvious that if you wan't to be an AI researcher, you should take the Artifficial intelligence course.
I mean they'd teach you everything necessary, so don't worry.
Also good luck!

It was a joint honors course. When I said AND it wasn't a new course

Choose what you like. What you actually really need in ML is a strong knowledge in probability and statistical concepts. the other math and CS kbowledge are pretty basic (calculus, linear algebra, neural networks, algorithm)

I'd say do maths then teach yourself some CS.

Computer science and AI

>CS = programming
My favourite 90-IQ meme

Depends, do you want to write code or do proofs.

A lot of CS PhDs suck at writing code, they do theoretical work.

>implying you can't self teach cs theory

>first year textbooks are core cs
kys please

Since you say you want to go to grad school, why not take a joint honors in Mathematics and Computer Science. This will give you a broad but very good amount of skill and theory that you can later on use to specialize in AI since it will pretty much intersect both subjects.

Statistics or computer science and math joint degree

Math + CompSci BSc (major+minor combo)
then PhD in CompSci

Why is there a picture of an engineer's work on a CS textbook?

Joint degree in Math & CS

Despite all the fad and hype, ai and machine learning are just basic CS and some math, mostly.

Just start by doing simple thing. Also, get into a CS school, or a job - even better.

im a msc student in compsci. I wish i did at least a minor or double major in math, it would've helped sooooo much.

If you want to go into academia, a good math fundamental is a must have because lots of your colleagues will be from other departments as well not just compsci.

> Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence
This. Ive studied at this one, and without math modules, I would not be able to understand ml technics. Tho still cant get a job, either I am too white mals, or ai was that much overhyped.

>Tho still cant get a job, either I am too white mals, or ai was that much overhyped
Or maybe you just suck.

You shouldve known that AI is hot shit in academia but in industry it is meh.

Everyone is smart post-factum. I will kill myself soon anyway.

Literally can't tell if this is poking fun at anti-SJW hysteria or if poster is this much of a dirty pleb, but that's Madame Marie Curie: the only person to receive Nobel Prizes in both Chemistry and Physics.