What do ou think of the US Marine Corps Commandant's Reading List?

What do ou think of the US Marine Corps Commandant's Reading List?

www.gafblibrary.org/Files/USMCReadingList2016.pdf

Some of be genre-shit stands out to me (Killer Angels, Ender's Game, etc) and pretty much confirms my thoughts that anyone who joins the military is an idiot. Well-meaning idiots in some cases, but idiotic none the less

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3EYU3VTI3IU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>imblying MUHREEEEENS are capable of reading

>army
>well-meaning

It's the army, why do they have reading lists to begin with?

You are not much better user

What so you expect? Erudite grunts dying in your wars?

You clearly missed that those books were listed under ENTRY LEVEL

A lot of those books are meant to inspire or to teach about leadership, devotion to duty and such. All the higher level shit is more or less the same but goes into greater detail of it. Also strategy shit.

If you're not in the military or have no interest in it, clearly its not for you. But you stay in your high chair faggot.

Yeah of course the army grunts aren't all that intellectual
But you'd be stupid to think that some of the higher-ups aren't the most well-read people on the planet.

>But you'd be stupid to think that some of the higher-ups aren't the most well-read people on the planet.

I'm sure you have plenty of extremely revealing examples.

>But you'd be stupid to think that some of the higher-ups aren't the most well-read people on the planet.
This, officers are fucking clueless

That's the opposite of what he was saying.

I have a copy of the Warfighter's Manual. It's intetesting.

First of all, nobody takes that list seriously except high-and-tight PFCs who think writing book reports will make them 'look good on paper.' And after they read (skim) it, their responses are always the same: "uhhhh this book was about... leadership... and stuff... and uhhhh... why leadership is so important... because, mission accomplishment is important... and uh, lives depend on good leadership..."

I used to think it was insulting to our intelligence that they put Message to Garcia and Ender's Game on the junior enlisted reading list, but the more time you spend with them, the lower your standard sinks.

For junior enlisted Marines with half a brain, I recommend Anthony Swofford's Jarhead for insight on how to deal with the massive pile of shit your life is as a LCpl; for a basic understanding of tactics, read MCDP-1.

it makes for a more romantic story, don't you think?

youtube.com/watch?v=3EYU3VTI3IU

Mattis says the most important thing a military leader can do is read

this is why we need to bring back the draft. wo1 had great poetry because everyone was forced to fight, not just people too dumb to get any other job

Good thing that dude said it, otherwise we'd be a bit short of examples

You've ever read a biography on Pershing, Bradley, or Grant?

Ι took nice pics and drew some interesting drawings while doing my military service.
Pic rel

are those future terrorists?

No, these kids are the best! A little 10 year old bloke that takes his tiny bro for a walk cannot become a bored with life terrorist.
Unless you push him on the edge probably.
Making these kids laugh and smile was the.best things I did in there.
+ a drawing,
+ Arguing with Larping goblins
+ reading About 10 books.

Getting an almost perfect score ar shooting and watching the real life.stormfags getting sour was also priceless!

+ Syrian girls r cute. CUTE!

>Anthony Swofford's Jarhead

I tried bringing this one up here on Veeky Forums whenever anyone asked about more recent books (it's several years older than this board, so it used to qualify) but nobody here ever had any interest. I guess that there had been a film made starring a particularly virulent meme actor helped torpedo any chance it may have had.

helluva book, though, I thought.

You realize that Generals are part of the elite in America, yes? It's even mandatory for every international debutante to be accompanied by a student at one of the military academies. Stop lumping all level of the military into one silo.

t. manlet and brainlet

It's a govt sanctioned reading list for warfighters. It contains a lot of history books that aren't relevant to modern warfare except to show how people in war have not changed. A lot of the books are dry, war diaries, or aimed at YA-level readers. (Guess what fuckface? Many enlisted are 17-18.) A lot of the officers reading is p good desu. I'm sorry you don't have brains enough to succeed in the military, guy. Maybe next life.

t. Army vet you baited and steamed

>t. welfare queen

i think they're the true Veeky Forums army.

Nah. I get $0/mo. Take your misconceptions elsewhere, manlet.

>reading ya at 17-18
Truly the best men our great nation has to offer

meals, housing, training/education, and clothing all via the US taxpayer.

granted, you're basically mortgaging your life if you're infantry. but if it's peacetime or you're in supply, admin, IT etc, it's arguably a better deal than public housing and foodstamps.

you're given a very detailed book ("knowledge"). go to MCRD you will see recruits reading everywhere.

>I'm sorry you don't have brains enough to succeed in the military, guy.
hahahahahaha

>mfw I joined the m̶o̶b̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶a̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ army because Starship Troopers was on the reading list
>mfw its boring like the book, but we die in droves just like the movie.

Why'd they take it off the list?

A life of a warrior poet is a grand poem in itself.

The military switched it's recruitment strategy to "see the world and met lots of fascinating people" rather than starship troopers more depressing life of dignified mundane repitition

What are you, a fucking military recruiter?

Picture books dont count as reading m8

Best dudes I know were in the military. What you read doesn't make you worthwhile desu

you're fucking retarded. the basic marine knowledge is intense shit. idiot. go back to reading marx and playing hacky sack.

>military
>elite
what are you talking about m8

Ender's Game has some depth. Just because it's popular doesn't mean that it's shallow.

Literally read through the last sentence again. Upper tier officers are considered part of the upper class.

No. Greek fag.
Went to do my service.

Ahhh sarcasm, sorry.

professional soldiers are the most cucked people in the world, both literally and figuratively.

I have a question.
A guy bullied me in high school and then joined the marines. Is that generally the type in the military? Big strong bosses, that is, strong men who dominate others.

You're right, maybe he was better than me, he had more sex, he had more money. He really notched me down a peg. Seems I'm a victim of natural selection, and he's the winner. I can hardly look at women with my low self esteem.

Luckily, I can now masturbate and explode in pleasure to videos of marines dying.

Everybody knows the Air Force is the intelligent branch.

I was just joking please don't snipe me

Yeah all those phds are fucking idiots, you're right.