Ok ck, need a bit of help if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic

Ok ck, need a bit of help if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

I need spices

Basically what I need is a small quantity of a lot of different spices because I want to make a sauce, however buying spices in any kind of quantity is $10 a spice for so goddamn much that if the sauce I make turns out bad or that I don't want it I'm on the hook for about $30 worth of spices I have no other use for then this recipe.

Is there any way to get small quantities of spice online for cheap?

a spice rack though theyll more than likely be low quality

Yeah avoid buying spices at your local supermarket. See if there's any spice stores in your city, ethnic markets also sell them cheaper too

Is there any specific spice you're looking for?

Dehydrated powdered nigger semen

Go somewhere where you buy by weight,

I bought a bunch of spices from a Sprouts, just a little bit of like 10 different ones, and the bags that didn't have enough in them to register on the scale I just got for free..

This. Do not buy spices at the grocery store. Go to asian/ indian/ chinese/ mexican markets; they'll have a lot of spices, often western ones too. Look online for good deals.

>small quantities of spice online for cheap
No; online stores survive on volume. If they're selling you 3 packets of $1 spices, most of your money will be going to shipping. They wouldn't cover the labor to get it off their shelf to send it to you.

Every spice and tea house I've ever been to charged more per ounce than if I just bought in bulk online.

Your best bet would be to check out the local asian and mexican markets. The ones that lack any english signage, and nobody there speaks english. You can usually get better prices on things those people use in EVERY dish. I got some little tiny packets of white pepper, thyme, bay leaves, basil, anise star, and dill. I got lucky I guess, each little packet of pic related was $0.80 cents in my store.

I go to the Asian supermarket and don't worry about waste because the big bags cost the same as tiny jars at white stores. Be sure to get ceylon cinnamon instead of cassia if you're using it regularly and care about your liver.

I go to a big indian warehouse place that has bins of all loose spices. Take in my own little ziplock 50 bags and buy small quantities for almost nothing. Pick up a few fresh samosa, maybe some ghee or cheap coconut oil, maybe some other meme items. Really nice atmostphere in there and the spices are way better quality than from the supermarket.

If you don't like somewhere with a big indian diaspora then i pity you.

live*

go to a chinese market, you're still not going to get tiny portions for 50 cents but you'll get half-pound bags for $2 rather than midsized bottles for $6

I live a good 40-50 miles one way from any kind of store that would likely sell spice like this sadly.

Online is my best bet, and if I have to pay 10$~ in shipping or even double the orders cost, it would likely come in cheaper than buying locally, my main problem is the only places I really know online sell spice by the pound, and in 10-20$ quantities when really I need a few tablespoons of each.

If the recipe works, I have no problem dropping the 80$ on spice for 5~ years worth of use, but my main issue is locally I get small fucking containers of 5-10$ because they goudge the fuck out of it, or bulk online.

If you know anyplace online that sells cheaply I would greatly appreciate it.

quality be damned for now, will look into this.

would gladly do this but I would need some other reason to go there as spending the 20+$ on gas kind of makes it a hard proposition just for spice.

nearest one is around 50 miles away with hell like traffic to get to. its just realistically more costly to go out of my way for the cheaper than even buying locally.

coconut oil isn't cheap even in indian stores. neither is ghee but you don't want to cheap out on that anyway.

after 6 months spices are basically trash

when it costs as much as it does for me they get used till something is off and not in a 'its stale' way, but an 'it may now be poison' way.

I'm the tiny spice bag guy. I bought those at a Tom Thumb; its a safeway/alberstons/Vons store. Just look in the spice aisle, also look in the ethnic foods aisle. The mexican branded spice bags are equally cheap and reasonably good. They might be near the bulk rice/beans bins too.

Why are you looking for essentially single servings of spices? They last a reasonably long time in your pantry, and if you ever eat food again can use those spices. Look at it this way. Even if you spend $7 on a jar (which is too much) you'll end up using 20 cents of it when you cook a meal.

You also mention everything is 50 miles from you. Do you live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and thats why you want UPS to deliver anything?

but user, spices in wipipo stores take more than half a year just to make it through distribution, are you saying that even when they put spices on their food it's because they've found a way to make them taste like nothing anyway?

Cook with the good ingredients you can get, otherwise you just make shitty food

This

well, just went to every one of those store sites and did the find store 100 miles, not a single one for any of them.

what i'm honestly hoping for was small containers packets that I could order at once, as the only places online I have ever found only sell in lbs for 20~$

If I end up liking what I make I have little issue buying the bulk, but half the shit is stuff I have never even had in my hands much less know a secondary use for which would suck if I had to order in bulk.

as for where I live, it's a small town off a highway, with small cities around it, not big enough to attract non white people but big enough getting 150mbit internet wasn't impossible. Its hard to explain, I for the most part have everything with a 30 mile radius I would ever want, but because the area does not attract foreigners I get none of the interesting cheap shit either.

pretty much everything I want right now is either I make it myself or I buy something premade/packaged from ebay.

What do you want the spices for anyways?

Tell us where you live and we'll find a store. All we know so far is that you eat food, so you're not getting dox'd.

inb4 user convinces a local business to stock star anise with a tracking device

Pretty much just for making a buffalo wild wings sauce I like, shredding chicken about 1lb at a time, and getting 4-6 meals out of each batch.

1 bottle of the sauce from ebay is 10$ but it really creeps me out buying the shit from ebay, but there is no where else to get it apparently. If I can make the sauce, I can actually take my food in the the sub 50 cents per meal range while eating fairly healthy.

If I am able to get the spices for cheap I am also able to get many different ones and learn what they taste like on their own... funny enough for me that's more than enough for me to know how to use the spices and possibly use them in other shit I want to eat.

in an effort to not reveal to close to where I live, I am in the middle of the triangle between oshkosh, madison, and milwaukee in wisconsin, that should be close enough to help and vague enough to not get calls in the middle of the night again.

Milwaukee has Asian grocers. I think you're just stupid.

So do those other two cities. Stupid confirmed.