What kind of engineers design printers? Why are all printers garbage?

What kind of engineers design printers? Why are all printers garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=orIFs72HGmM
youtube.com/watch?v=V2NkwVBdtD0
youtube.com/watch?v=eOcILmQG-DA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing wrong with the engineers.
Directive from managers.
It's the "razor blade" economic model.
The money's in the consumables.

Do you hate a particular brand?

not designed by engineers but designers and sw devs

>Do you hate a particular brand?
I haven't ever had a good experience with a printer

Chinese People

>Why are all printers garbage?
not glorious high end business class ones

god i hate printers so much. i got rid of mine and i don't miss it. occasionally i have to go the the fedex store to print something but its cheap

The Printer Industrial Complex conspires against the masses in a variety of ways. Its already well known they overcharge people for ink. They probably think of unique ways to make things difficult so people get pissed off and smash their printer so they have to buy a new one

Google Designed Obsolescence. Welcome to Capitalism.

Well the PIC came up with the planned obsolescence.

For example some Canon printers have a counter that goes to 8000 and then the printer dies.

>buys cheap shit
>expects them to work without trouble
protip, i got an epson laser printer, worked flawlessly for decades, only stopped using it because i went paper free

I have Brother laser which has served me very well, though it's only B&W. My old color ink-jet was fine, except that the cartridges were always drying up and forcing me to waste ink running cleaning cycles. And all the colors were in a single cartridge. If one died, you had to toss the whole thing even if plenty of cyan and magenta remained.

I know about those cartridges which have a microchip inside. They "expire" after N copies and the chip guarantees generic replacement cartridges won't work.
I remember there was a firestorm over that stunt! Didn't the manufacturer back down?

To me, it’s more important to be able to scan documents than print documents.

FPBP

Those are also starting to succumb to being made more and more with Chinesium. Pretty much everything is these days. It fucking sucks balls.

you can probably scan shit there too but i haven't tried

Just use the camera of your smartphone

Depends. If you want something for your own reference then smartphone is fine. It can look janky and amateur though unless you get proper lighting and the proper angle.

Never had a problem with my printer
Stop buying pajeet developed products and buy superior 1000 times folded laser brother printer

>buy cheap printer
>requires expendables that cost shitton
>buy expensive printer
>breaks down after shitting out few papers

stop please

>Didn't the manufacturer back down?
Surely you jest, Brother.

I found a way to put cheap ink in my printer and now i never have to give in to feeding the printer market corporations their corporate greed. An engineer helped me do it actually, i can't remember what kind of engineer, though.

>What kind of engineers design printers?
Pajeets

>Why are all printers garbage?
Pejeet taking Tech Jobs

youtube.com/watch?v=orIFs72HGmM

For /pol/ right wingers:
youtube.com/watch?v=V2NkwVBdtD0

For Normie left wingers:
youtube.com/watch?v=eOcILmQG-DA

Then you can understand why the printers are shitty,

I scan documents for lawyers from time to time with scannable on my iPhone and nobody is able to tell the difference. Just use a scan app and not the fucking camera

>All ink printers are dogshit that will mysteriously run out of ink on their own in 2 months
>Epson is dogshit and suddenly breaks down randomly. Also ((((genuine ink)))).
>HP printer software is proprietary malware tier.
>Samsung drivers barely work. Networking is hit or miss and I still have no fucking clue how to scan something to my pc without going through the android app. It also sounds like a banshee.

I blame the boomers for enabling this shit.