Family reunion

>family reunion
>everyone talking about how they cook chili
>user, what do you put in your chili?
>normal stuff, kidney beans, tomato sauce, some macaroni, ground beef, chili powder, some corn, maybe green beans...
>user YOU PUT CORN AND GREEN BEANS IN YOUR CHILI?!
>whole family laughs at me
>calls me weird for putting vegetables in chili
>say it's just chili flavored veggie soup at that point
>hour later still bringing it up, "well i may do x but at least i don't put corn in my chili!" etc
>leave reunion in embarrassment

what the fuck, that isn't that weird, is it?

>Macaroni
>Greenbeans
What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'm making chili now and I'm adding corn to it.

yeah no your whole family is weird

the green beans and macaroni are next level shit OP, you done goofed. You don't even need to be in an autistic part of Texas for people to think that is a terrible addition

Green beans are weird.

But no beans in Chili just makes it a sloppy joe at that moment. You need SOMETHING to give it some more body- just ground meat is gross, oily, and soupy.

>macaroni
>in chili
My head is spinning. I need to lie down and meditate on the pointless culinary violence commited around the world.

Don't listen to them OP, they are just jealous that you are getting all the nutrition.

Corn in chili is absolutely disgusting, adds that retarded sweet taste to it.

Corn is good in chili but pasta and green beans aren't.

Out of all the things to make fun of your chilli for they pick corn? I've always had corn in chilli, whenever I cook and wherever I eat it.

Green beans and pasta though? You're on your own there OP.

>Corn in chili is absolutely disgusting
t. OPs retarded uncle

They're not wrong, OP. You're making stew, not chili. Also, just adding chili powder doesn't make it chili, either. If you like it, that's fine, as long as you don't serve your stew to other people and call it chili.

>it's an op mentions retarded items to put in a chilli and one or 2 satisfactory ingredients and then emphasises how ridiculous the satisfactory ingredient is for (You)s episode

>calls me weird for putting vegetables in chili
corn is a fruit, you fucking retard

Good chili should be a little sweet. I always add a bit of brown sugar to mine.

I put espresso in it, red wine, dark beer, even cocoa powder. No corn or pasta though.

>I put espresso in it, red wine, dark beer
That's actually brilliant. Im gonna try that. How much?

But putting beans in chili is unacceptable

>he uses ground beef to make chili

>Hate the taste of beans
>Not even that fan of the flavor of chili
>Have strong urge to be 'that guy' who makes great chili
Never made it before but I think I will try this year when it gets colder.

I usually put a little corn in my chili.

I'd still happily eat it, OP. But it doesn't really sound like chili anymore with those additions to be honest.

Op needs this reinforced
What in the fuck is the matter with you
Just go suck a dick at that point, or put mints in it or knit a doily or something

I do the espresso, beer (though I go with a red), and cocoa, but I've never done red wine.

>green beans
>macaroni

You deserve to be shunned and mocked by your loved ones

Lol I traced his IP and he is in most, if not all, "poorfag here" and "how do make ramen taste better" threads. What a shit eater

Take out the macaroni, green beans, and ground beef.

Replace the ground beef with pulled pork. Add some black beans and sauteed white onions to your chili. Use ancho chili powder if you don't use it already. Add a slight bit of garlic salt.

And instead of putting corn in the chili, make cornbread for the side.

This but then toss it all out and go get mcdonalds instead

>OP makes Burgoo
>Calls it Chili
>Family calls him out on it
>BACK ME UP GUIZE

I don't want to live in this timeline anymore...

>hey your recipe isn't bad just change your entire recipe
Pic related is me

Actually soundo pretty good. You ain't gotta get along with your senpai. They are basically life Co workers, and usually out of touch.

Me in the middle

Ight, recipe is changed. Just do this into a pot and you're good

Nigga thass taco soup then

Corn seems okay. Different, but it's not totally alien. Butnot green beans or macaroni, that's too off.

I'm on their side. My dad won some people's choice chili cook offs with nothing but meat in his pot. His competitors made a vegetable stew like yours. My family's limit for chili is beans at most with meat. My advice, stick to meat and you'll get less hate.

I should also add that he uses pork rather than ground beef. Won two years in a row.

use half the bottle of beer

a shot of espresso

1 splash of red wine

>oily
>soupy

What the fuck are you on about? Skim some of that fat off and simmer the liquid until it reduces to the desired consistency.

Beans in chili is objectively wrong.

I've had chilimac before, but that's not really "chili" per se. The corn is somewhat normal depending on region but macaroni and green beans in a normal bowl of chili is bizarre.

You live in the midwest, don't you?

>putting green beans in your fucking chili
Fuck you you're awful

Anyone who has ever made chili knows this is the right way to do it. You're on the money m8.

do you serve the chili over the macaroni or is it mixed in?

>user, what do you put in your chili?
>I don't eat Mexican food because I'm not a Pope-worshipping pepper belly, Aunt Tilly!

I'm trying to imagine OP's chili, but it's too weird. Why would you put green beans and macaroni? I wouldn't put corn, but it doesn't blow my fucking mind like the other two. Where tf did you even come up with that recipe?

I really, really like that picture.

Anyone else ever put broccoli in their chili?