Leaves bad yelp review because their food was cold when they got home

>leaves bad yelp review because their food was cold when they got home

>leaves a bad yelp review because they own the restaurant across the street
Asian restaurants do this to each other all the time in Toronto.

>expects a tip for the simple task of bringing a dish over to your table and constantly badgering you about the meal with a shit-eating grin

ending tipping culture will be very difficult; trying to combat it makes you look like a cheap asshole.
not a fan of intrusive legislature but that will be the only way to end it.

>parking sucked
>the bathroom wasn't clean
>the server nipped my dick during fellatio
>wish I could give 0 stars!!!

Tip well needs to dry up before waiters will want a legal change.

>Expects me to supplement their income because they have a low-paying job

MARY S. BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY BASED RESTAURANTEUR

Easy, just don't tip

>Expects a tip

>0 friends
sounds about right

>It became a low paying job because tips made people get so much, they'd do it anyway.
Altruism is an evil disguised as good. It should never be a repeating gesture, because it breeds dependence, resulting in obligations.

>some middle aged woman
Why is every ridiculous bad Yelp review by this exact type of person?

Well serving is a pretty hard job. You need to be aware of like 5 tables at once. Make sure their food is good, refills,this and that.

Honestly, if not for tipping very few people would do it. That's why restaurants that are "tip free" hire pretty much anyone to be a server

>bad Yelp review because of a "language barrier" with the staff at an Asian restaurant
>I've eaten at this exact restaurant and have never had a problem understanding the staff, nor have they ever had a problem understanding me
I can only imagine it's people that automatically think anyone Asian can't understand English so ends up talking like an idiot and confusing the server with their retardation.

I have a coworker like this. She does the loud baby talk thing at the chinese girl in my department who speaks perfect english and went to a much better university, because she's too much of a dimbulb to understand that squint eyes and black hair don't automatically mean you can't speak english.

I thought it was funny at first because I've never met anyone that ignorant before, and I figured she would get fired soon (she's also terrible at her job) and she'd enter the canon of office lore

But it's been years, she still hasn't been fired, and the thought of being around such a stupid person is depressing to me now. So I usually leave the room when she enters

Has the Chinese girl told her she's a fucking moron yet?

Try going to an asian country and eating. Even if you order it correctly in their language half the time the waitress will stare at you blankly. They just panic or something as soon as they see a white person and don't even bother trying to understand

There's this waitress at one of my favorite japanese places that I go to where she would bring me the check 5 minutes after I get my food and ask "Do you need change?" After i settle it

Like what the fuck lady, do you not want me to come or something?

No, she just complains about her very quietly when nobody else is within earshot
Sure, a waiter. That's a lot less common in a multinational company that deals with foreigners all the time

God damm, I wish more waitstaff would do this when I'm eating alone. I hate finishing my meal and spending the next 10 minutes trying to get someone's attention.

>expecting females to get fired
They have to steal from the company/kill somebody in order to get fired because HR is run by middle-aged single moms

does anyone even view yelp as a credible review source anymore?

Expecting a tip is stupid unless they did a good job. If they do a shitty job, they still get minimum wage until they're flat-out fired. If you really think it's a hassle and an obligation for you to get to decide how much you are going to pay someone for their service, that's just as stupid.

I look at the negative reviews to see if there's anything that seems credible/repeated

"Dirty bathroom, small portions, overpriced, long wait etc"

Shit like "omg there was a hair and they apologized but still 2 stars anyway" I disregard

Also I disregard any review from a middle-aged or older white woman because they can't behave themselves at restaurants and treat the staff like shit.

>Yelp review about the opalescent sheen of human waste covering the men's room
>Posted 3 weeks ago
>The reason I'm looking up reviews is because the inside of the men's room is like some kind of human waste mother-of-pearl
I'm actually quite fond of yelp.

There's a middle-aged fat white woman in my town who has reviewed every single business, and multiple churches, within 15 miles

I've been to a certain restaurant a lot of times, for both lunch and dinner, and have had nothing but good experiences. One day I check Yelp and it has 3/5 stars somehow with like 20 reviews total, and when I actually looked at the negative reviews, a lot of them are long winded, elaborate stories about how they had to wait 2 hours for a table and the waiter forgot their food, and then all of their food was cooked wrong and all this other crazy shit.
I don't know if I am just really lucky and got good food and service every time I went, or if these people just like to make up retarded reviews for fun.

>middle-aged single moms

Fuck, how many single mom's exist in the glorious US?

12 million (real number)

>serving is a pretty hard job

Have you ever tried it? I have worked an office job, dock job, and retail before becoming a waiter. The pressure is much higher as a server

Damn I hope our prisons have enough beds for all those future inmates

> leaves bad yelp review because their special snoflake spot became popular

>this man may not realize it, but he ingests 2 gallons of foreign saliva every year

>Have to give extra money to employees on top of the meal or they commit felonies by tampering with your food

Great profession you got there.

>Tipping comes after eating
>Cooks don't make tips
really activates the almonds

All I'm saying is that you've got balls to not tip knowing that people in that field are sad, pathetic little fucks who hate their dead-end jobs and only need a reason to fuck with their customer's food.

>eat twice at the same restaurant without tipping
>third time, waitress recognize you and your tipping habit
>spits in food before bringing it

>Uhg, this ASSHOLE didn't TIP me, doesn't he know? Waiters only earn 2.50$ an hour - it's modern day slavery! We need to eat too!! GOD what a PRICK!!!!!! Don't they know how hard it is? I'm struggling just to get by!

That same waitress the very next day with her friends

>Oh my god, I made like 400$ in tips yesterday!

Unironically this
source: my sister has been a waitress for years. When we still lived at the same house she would have days where she'd whine and cry cause she only made $50 that day, then the next day she's all "HEHE I MADE $300 TONIGHT GONNA GO TO THE BAR AND WASTE IT ALL ON DRINKS".
Then the next day it's all "uggghhh it's so hard getting by when I don't get enough tips :(((("

Grr

>church reviews

I must know more

Why the fuck would a church go onto yelp?

That's a funny way of spelling "middle aged white woman and any black person"

>go to [ethnic] restaurant
>give it 1 star because they don't have french fries on the menu

At this point the complaints are pathetic. Yes, we understand that tipping culture sucks, you lot have been complaining about it since the dawn of the internet. I think it's about time you stop complaining and do something about it or shut up.

This was actually kind of funny to me, but I still think it's fucked up that the 1-star review actually has an impact on the business. He should have done the right thing and given them at least four stars for his good albeit expensive omelette.

They don't get regular minimum wage, faggot. It's acceptable to pay them as low as $2.15 an hour.

Because they live boring, unfulfilling lives and are just vapid husks a lot of the time.
>powerless at home except to raise kids
>kids are now teenagers and don't give a fuck what you say
>husband stays later and later at work
>spends weekends on golf scrambles
>most of your complaints to him are met with monosyllabic replies
>even your parents are sick of your bitching
>go to a reastaurant
>take out all the frustrations of having a shitty life on some 20 year old kid

Maybe your sister is a fucking moron and she isn't representative of the thousands of other servers out there.
Also she might be a prostitute if she pulls $300 one night after pulling $50 the other.

hello lebbit

if they don’t make the federal min wage with tips their employer pays the difference. $2 is if their tips do equal federal min wage

>not a fan of intrusive legislature but that will be the only way to end it.
never gonna happen, the restaurant lobby is too strong (look up the NRA, they do some evil shit)

>we wanted to eat here but the restaurant wasn't open 0/5

>live in a first world country
>servers get at least minimum wage or more the longer you wait at a place
>tipping is an actual tip for quick/friendly service
Honestly america you really need to do something about it. Don't the waiters feel degraded?

the problem is taking care of itself with poverty and robotics. I personally don't eat at restaurants because the employees are all entitled lazy white females with the herp and third worlders with hepatitis and aids

>Don't the waiters feel degraded?

Why would they still have the job if they were degraded? Wouldn't they quit?

Besides, this applies to America too:
>servers get at least minimum wage or more the longer you wait at a place

I'm not sure why so many retards think that minimum wage laws somehow don't apply to servers.

Anyway, I'm in favor of the tipping system. It saves everyone involved money due to the way taxes work in this country. Plus I made a fucking ton of $$$ waiting tables when I was in college.

I feel like getting an actual wage PLUS the possibility of a tip for excellent service would make them try harder at their job desu. I've had really good servers that do everything right and it's great, but most are just in it for the tips and don't give a fuck about doing a good job because tipping culture has become so ingrained into people's minds that the server is just about guaranteed good tips because people are pressured into not wanting to be "cheap".
No, the real reason servers haven't done anything to change the system is because they make far more in tips than they would with a regular wage, why would they want a measly $8-$10 an hour when they can make $200 in a night currently? Not to mention they all cheat on their taxes due to all the cash tips they get.

Fuck off with this bullshit. All of Veeky Forums knows how federal minimum wage works because we've had jobs, some of which as waiters. You need to spice the bait up more; here's some sage.

Got any black Yelp reviews?

>Don't the waiters feel degraded
They make good money - especially if they're young, female, and attractive. Giving them a regular wage - even a generous one - and eliminating tipping would result in a significant loss of income.

They do.
I had a transgender (ftm) coworker assault and then have sex with a minor on a work business trip in the hotel rooms, to the point that she drew blood and bruised the other girl's back/back of head, but she didn't get fired, just transferred. Granted, the sex could technically be consensual, but that's a litigation risk I wouldn't take as a manager.

Then I got fired on my off day for watching the election coverage at work (restaurant) and telling one of my coworkers I wanted Trump to win. Another coworker heard me and reported that I said a racial slur (I didn't, and I'm the same race as that coworker anyway).

Don't worry I'm sure he'll hook you up with a lucrative job digging for coal or bashing metal in an old timey factory once he gets done dismantling all this cucked "modernity" that is holding us back as a nation

>and then everyone stood up and clapped

That's more than Hillary would do.

>Don't the waiters feel degraded?
Yes, as they should.

>Tfw management in the US is so fucked around being PC that it's unbelievable
I know.

its 2017 everyone is on google maps

Post example if true

This man's anus devastation is jarring

This happens with the Indian restaurants in my area. One guy left a negative review for the one I go to, and his only other review is praising a competing restaurant.

Some other guy who was doing the same thing said he had to go to a hospital because there was baking soda in the rice. That was stupid.

this is the equivalent of people who think turning the volume up on something makes it funnier