Who else here has patrician parents? My Dad is pretty patrician

Who else here has patrician parents? My Dad is pretty patrician.

>studied english and philosophy at Harvard and Oxford, near the top of his class
>was an philosophy professor
>has some stuff published about modal logic that I can barely understand
>concert pianist, also plays the cello for fun
>favorite book is The Man Without Qualities
>speaks 5 languages
>can perform smoke tricks with an old english pipe almost on the level of gandalf

On the other hand, I'm a dumbass who can't do shit, spending all of my time on this fucking hentai board

My mom halfheartedly gave David Foster wallace a handy after one of his classes at college

My dad gave me piggyback rides as a kid, and picked me up from school cuz I didn't want to walk. Couldn't ask for anyone else desu

john?

green? yes it's me, what do you want?

Mom's a bookworm but it's all pleb shit. Dad's into books on American history and historical politics, but not political or social theory. At least they're both highly educated.

My parents are normal; though they say my granma (r.i.p.) was very fond of the arts. And also a misanthrope.

I wish i could have known her; from what my parents say, we all inherited her character

my dad thinks dune is high literature and my mother reads cat mystery and romance books.

You are a complete faggot

The best fathers gift their spawns with the simplest of gifts.

modal logic is a waste

My dad was a Ranger that's pretty cool
I'm just a piece of shit though

What do you mean john? What else can you tell me about john?

my parents are not very intellectual at all, although my dad did trudge through man Without Qualities as well (from the way he described it though, i dont know how much he got out of it)

My dad was a business major at a small, unimpressive school. He then became and alcoholic and was homeless for a while after my mom left him. Worked construction since I was three. No interest in anything with intellectual rigor and he's lost so much of his ability to think from abuse of various intoxicants that it's difficult to have full conversations with him.

>tfw dad is a pseud
I still love him though

you can't even be pleasant or human in the slightest of interactions

Your dad is the most patrician itt

Both my parents are English Professors and went to prestigious universities (Yale and Oxford.) They each have an academic book published, but I'm pretty sure they were required to for their jobs. Mom has pretty good taste in books, but likes YA shit too much. Dad is the kinda guy who reads Marx on the toilet. They gave good genes which is why I think they can't understand why I'm such a huge piece of shit.

My dad butchers chickens for a job. May not be very Veeky Forums but I still love him for sustaining our family with income.
He knows a lot about WWII though.

maybe because all the book-readin' didn't prepare them for parenthood, that's how.

My mother doesn't work (because she doesn't need to), couldn't afford to go to university back then when she was young, attended to Liceo Classico and thus knows Latin and Ancient Greek. My father didn't like studying but works in finance. Not really patrician but the monthly pay is as high as the American GDP per capita.

What Oxford College was your Dad in

I´m impressed at how my mother went from working at a gas station owned by our town´s min university to being the headmaster of said university. My dad also hs been in a high position in it for a long time, and serves as the university´s main lawyer.
Their "patrician" taste in literature is non-existant. My mom tried to gave me a " taste" for books by making me and my brothers read shitty mexican YA self-help books, which certainly did put me off literature for a long time. My passion for literature came quite recently and was all fueled by my own desire of learning and appreciating the beauty of art.
My parents are very hard-working people. I just wished i was like them, and not a failing piece of garbage that has a mental breakdown everytime things go wrong

My mom's side is pretty patrician. There's a long history of artists and nobility (famous sculptors and painters that have pieces in royal palaces and centrepieces in Mediterranean cities), the nobility mainly tied with Italian royalty.

so how rich and neet are you?

My dad's actualy an alcoholic pleb with no literary knowledge whatsoever; he wasn't really a good role model, but still teached me that you should always be manly and upright in your life.
I ended up being the first in my family to attend university.

a pretty big responsibility. don't dishonour your name, then.

fuuuck
>tfw you will never be the son of royalty, spending your days around old badass architecture and pursuing art without fears for the future

I'm pretty far removed from all of that. I'm talking about many generations ago, my immediate family doesn't even live in the Mediterranean anymore.

My dad is an engy who says he never "got" literature, yet his favorite book is A Frolic of his Own so I think he's a liar. He reads lots of nonfiction mostly now. Mom's a doctor and reads frequently but plebbily. Both smart and educated but not really Veeky Forums, although lots of my extended family studied/teaches English.

My father is a retail manager who's dead on the inside. He only reads popular thrillers (Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Michael Crichton, etc.) He does like Kerouac, but even that seems a little too intellectual for him. My mother has been having a midlife crisis fir the past ten years because she had kids at a somewhat young age. The last book she read was The Secret.