Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
I am sort of a brainlet and wanted to get to know methods on how to train your brain in order to become smarter.
Does Veeky Forums know any tipps and tricks on this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVmMeMcGc0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you stop being stupid, it may help.

What does it mean to be smart?

to think better; have a good memory and the logical abilities to combine them correctly.

If you have to ask...
Old and wise just watch other people make mistakes they didn't even think of making. Their wisdom is only coming to expect the stupid shit you might be thinking of doing

Raw thinking makes you smart. So yes think your way up to the rock. Throw books and turn off tv. And sit down and think. Read some philosophy to. Adds valuable data to your thoughts. You can do this for years and years and turn smarter and smarter. So behold the power of the thought know no boundaries.

No. You just have to be born the right kind of autistic.

Commit acidifying memory consolidation...

Also read some books on common misleading done by humans. Try to just lay and re-realize moments. Try to create some cognitive patterns you should real with stuff.

The patterns that happens instantly when you see object or perceive it.

this is OP
see: I was very smart, already. Until I hit my head.
I could dual-process information. (like a dual-core at a PC)
I did get there by learning poemy by heart while talking to others (the voice was like an ear-worm in the back of my head constantly)
plus basic training in logic with the game Lonpos and other similar ones.
also I listened to the poems endlessly on repeat at home while doing my homework.

Learn languages. If you learn sanskrit you can learn a lot about language and also pick up many extra languages easily. A solid diet no fake shit. Spend more time alone if you dont already. Also exercise is proven to increase intelligence. Just find problems you actually wanna solve and go for it.

What other differences have you noticed since hitting your head

you can't

learning languages only makes you smarter and more flexible if done during early childhood
otherwise, in adulthood you're just relying on memorization, which doesn't make you any smarter or more flexible

>see: I was very smart, already. Until I hit my head.
Well that sucks OP
You can still make it though. Here's a motivational speech from a woman who lost two SD of IQ in a car accident:
youtube.com/watch?v=RVmMeMcGc0Y

get back to google idiot

Learn Proofs and Mathematical Reasoning.

Try to recognize patterns everywhere, whether or not they were deliberately put there. Keep testing yourself and if a certain mindset makes sense.
As user said before, just sit down and think.

>learning poemy

>learned poemy

Microdose cocaine every day, and study the dark arts of PUA.

Read THE OVERNIGHT STUDENT

before i hit my head I was smart. not after.

>dual-core
>by learning poemy by heart while talking to others
lol

that was the practice.
i was at school and did listen to the poems in my head while studying.
after i had learned the poems, i could listen to two conversations at once by very fastly flipping attention. but when i did so, i could not cold read the others while talking.

How long since you did it? Hit mine a few times throughout life but recently again and noticed some difficulties but after months and months of rest it seems ok. I wonder where I'd be without head hits cause I'm smart so maybe it was a boost in ways haha

since summer 2014.
i did practice the mind stuff for over a year and it was my last year at highschool. afterwards i never had the time to practice in this manner again.

on libgen?
thanks, i will do so.
sanskritactually intruiges me since i watched this video on pre ice-age civilisations... i believe the old vedes had a great knowledge but a strange way to put it. maybe i am wrong, though....
thanks
i will; i have already...
when you see patterns and put one over another, this is creativity; this is intelligence
a booster for me was the book "Improvisation" by Keith Johnstone. I read it several times.
typo ^^
when i did do my mind enhancing i had ritalin daily. this is a torture and i do not recommend this to anyone. if you have adhd, you should get a memory training as a therapy.

I call your post background radiation.

Fasting and meditation will significantly stabilize your thoughts. I suggest water fasting first for 4 days then meditation. Do this for 6 months so you will rewire your brain. Remember, its useless to own a Boeing 747 if you cant even pilot it.

Curing depression and maintaining a general baseline of motivation; studying something rigorous; practicing difficult puzzles; placing yourself in productive environments; exercising and eating well, avoiding alcohol especially, drinking 2 cups of coffee each day

Depression is impossible to cure.

i think i watched this one already... fake it till you live it, is the conclusion, right...?
haven't remembered she had a car accident...
our lifes lead us to many different paths and all of them shape us. and sometimes we go not too straight and sometimes we go straight. it all becomes part of who we are.

thanks for sharing, user

Then you can't unlock your potential.

Well you are wrong it is possible :) one way is to relabel reality using NLP. But also if you removed or overcame the sources of suffering in your life, such as a an unbalance environment or perspective, would you really still be unhappy?

How many times should a person do the 4 day water fast in a 6 month period?

Well i rekt myself and have been resting for a year or so. Maybe you need time to properly rest and avoid stress such as work and schedules. All the best

>sanskritactually intruiges me
you should check out the vedas, bhagavad gita and the upanishads. Its in the same thought space as physics but with spiritual undertones. But i think the works have changed over time and some tainted during british takeover

What is not used, decays.
If you do not use your brain, the thought patterns change.

thank you very much.
i was about to get to the upanishads but i had forgotten lately.
i did a fasting weekend with sauna.
they gave me salt and it has dissolved because of the sweat. you can use dirt as well.

Agree, has been great having all this thinking time, it's definitely improved my intelligence being able to use my mind so much