Shitty foods that you know are shitty but you eat because theyre easy and youre a busy/lazy adult

shitty foods that you know are shitty but you eat because theyre easy and youre a busy/lazy adult

Fuck dude, bringin' back memories with the El Monterey. I lived across from a 7-11 in college and ate these things all the time, they were like $1.50

El Monterey makes the best frozen burritos, no contest. I really like ALDI's sea tendies.

these because they are in the vending machine closest to me. Really unpleasant
there's a different brand of bbq sandwiches they stock in there that tastes pretty darn good, exactly like the Dairy Queen bbq but those sell out the day they stock

I eat the chimichanga ones.

I get the hamburgers at the gas station that they sell next to the rolling hot dogs.

They're 2 for $3

The tortilla gets a little dry in the microwave, so I like to slather them in Frank's and eat them with a fork like a wet burrito

always regret it

Throw them in the oven you autist.

I consider it preparation for the fallout apocalypse

My local grocery sells frozen burritos like this for 1.05
I always pick a few up.
They're so good for snacks

ah shit, i think i will have fish sticks tonight. maybe a burger and brouthworst too. but uh chicken noodle soup is supper easy and pretty good. cambels 1.20 a can our so.

I've been buying a few things like that periodically just to see what is tolerable. Spam lite (still way too much fat for a regular protein source) is pretty good because you can fry it.

i find spam WAY too salty to tolerate. I plan to try low sodium spam next time I go to the store

Underwood brand Corned Beef is about the best tasting "potted meat" style product that I've had.

It is very salty. I mixed some into rice with eggs and ate some with bread. Wasn't bad so long as you had something to soak up the salt.

If you're looking for a low fat canned protein source your only two real options are solid albacore or chicken.

I find canned chicken to taste very funny though, it almost has a tuna-like flavor to it

And I think I had that deviled ham stuff fairly regularly when I was a kid. I'm not sure, though. I'll give it a go.

Those are actually really good with some added taco sauce.

For me, it's the McChicken.

Yep. For whatever reason I can't stomach canned tuna regularly, though I love some good quality tuna from time to time. My next step is getting into canning myself. I have good quality pressure cookers already for other stuff, I've just never really done any canning. Watched my aunt when I was a kid.

Tbh, I end frozen burritos primarily for the nostalgia. Visiting my dad on the weekends as a teenager, that's the sort of food we'd eat. Before you say anything, he's also the one who got me interested in cooking, because as I got older, we'd get shitfaced together and play around with spice blends on inexpensive fish and chicken.