Tfw no Asian supermarkets in your area

tfw no Asian supermarkets in your area.
Closest ones are at least 3 hours away. :(

Know any kickass foreign supermarkets in your area?

>H Mart is a 15 minute drive from where I live
loling at ur life

JUNGLE JIM'S, BITCH

>lived in a koreatown all my life
>recently moved out

Vons and costco only. I know your struggle now. To my surprise, a lot of asian foods is on amazon, try that out. Reading food review on amazon is always a kick

>live in the most multicultural place on earth
>nearest Asian supermarket is a 3 minute walk

why do you guys even want one? most large grocery stores have a foreign foods aisle

99 Ranch Market 3 miles

Mah nigga. I'm in Louisville and any time I have any reason to go to Cincinnati I go to Jungle Jims.

>99 ranch market a few miles away
>h mart and mitsuwa a few miles away
feels fucking good.

>Live in a neighborhood with lots of Asians
>A few regular-sized stores, one bigger Asian supermarket
>Mini-chain Asian grocery mega store (Jmart) moves into the neighborhood
>All the Asians flock to the new store and abandon the old one
It's pretty sad. The old supermarket looks sad and rundown now while Jmart is bright and clean. People even pay to park in their lot.
RIP Fong & Zhou market.

All the markets in my area bog their asian food aisles down with a ton of junk food
>shitty instant ramen
>pocky out the ass
>hi-chew
That's basically it.

Fuck I love H Mart. Their produce prices are amazing.

888 international market in Overland Park, Kansas
>Good seafood selection
>can pick out fresh local fish and watch a chinese man slaughter and gut it right out of the tank
>bunch of weird asian fruits
>balut for the flips (pretty good would reccomend)
>aisles upon aisles of shit asian people cook with and eat
>cool chinese cookware
>Lots of rice
I swear it never gets boring there. Always shit on sale too, and a discount for paying cash
Definitely something you wouldn't expect in the midwest

This. Oh how I miss H Mart now that I'm in bumfuck MS.

jersey?

jesus, why would anyone move to mississippi? SPLC offer you a sweet internship or something?

If you're in north MS you can go to Memphis. Winchester Farmer's Market at Winchester and Kirby is a big international market owned by a Korean. It's in the Hickory Hill area though, so definitely pack your cannon.

Where do you live that's so far from any?

The best I'm aware of in my neighborhood is Double Dragon.

Sweet scholarship that means I basically go to school for free. I interned in VA near a H Marts

Within 5 miles of me
>3 continental
>2 afro Carribbean
>2 "Asian"(Paki/Indian)
Fuck living in London tho

SE Georgia. All the good ones are in Atlanta area, and Savannah only has tiny mom & pop places. Would be an excellent place to put a proper supermarket though.

> no Asian supermarket in my area
> try to make Ramen with instant broth and instant noodles
> the broth boils away and the noodles get super soggy
> it's a disaster

I love my local Asian market! I buy my Japanese sweet potatoes there among other things. It's cheap because it's in a low-income part of town, but mostly I go because the old lady who runs it is so kind! She gives me a free yogurt drink every time I stop by.

eyyyyyy
I love me some 99 Ranch Market. There was a similar Asian market near my 99 Ranch and it shut down. It's now a Sprouts.

This isn't an ingredient problem. This is a "your mother birthed special babies" issue.

ah, yes, the dungenous crab. Truely the bounty of Saddle and Sand Fransiskel

The quality of 99 Ranch fucking sucks now. They're too busy catering to Mainlanders so their stores are stocking Made in China "foods" of dubious quality. Slowly, the higher quality Taiwanese and Hong Kong products are getting pushed out.

the only thing I love about living in houston is the niche country stores, I've been to many where they barely have one employee that speaks bad English and the entire clientele is foreign.
I've got Mexican, Middle Eastern, different types of Asian and South Pacific a few Indian, paki and Nigerian and South African, Brazilian and Cuban. I usually raid the candy sections, spices and fresh produce. shit is cash if super uncomfortable.

>Bunch of Asian women laughing at me for stuffing duck thighs into my already full backpack

You will never have this.

I'm a dirty chink living in Vancouver BC and I'm lmao'ing at your life.

There's a T&T Supermarket about 20 minutes away. Only been there once since I moved to this city but it was great. Got me a 40lb bag of rice for $20.

>local japanese supermarket near my house
>ever since I was a kid the place has existed
>somehow there's always new japanese stuff there
>the fucking prices are still in yen and the conversion is done on the spot
>literally everything for japanese cuisine
>scratch that, I could find whatever vidya or weeb shit I wanted there before anyone else and a quarter of the price
>not actually japanese (not even asian) but born in a japanese neighborhood and went to a japanese school so I can speak moonrunes
>ended up dating the cute chubby granddaughter of the owner, she had asperger's but was the cutest girl ever and genuinely cared about me

I moved to the US for college, she did too; but I'm in Rhode Island and she's in California. We still see eachother often. I miss her. I miss her so damn much.

nigga are you in chicago?

I don't know anything about their seafood. I'm only there for the whole plant ingredients.

Lots of Mexican supermarkets in more ghetto areas, and lots of Asian places like H mart or Seafood city in richer Asian areas

Within a 10 minute drive/30 minute walk of where I live, there are five, full-sized Asian supermarkets providing goods to various ethnic communities as well as dozens upon dozens of Asian minimarts selling to even more specific communities which get underrepresented in the larger supermarkets.

Even my office, which is in Chinatown, doesn't have as many full-size supermarkets as where I live. There are only two. The rest are all minimarts, produce stands, fishmongers etc.

And I don't live in some big, important city, either.

Oh, and as for other foreign ones in my area, there's two Mexican/central American supermarkets and a handful of Mexican minimarts. No other groups but Asians and Mexicans are represented in my immediate area, but a few ones over (15-20 minute drive), there's a lot of IndoPakGali supermarkets, one Ethiopian one, a Turkish/Middle Eastern/Persian place and a chain supermarket which has a huge selection of West African foods.
Going 15-20 minutes in the other direction, there's a Polish supermarket and 4-5 Polish minimarts.
Going 15 minutes past there, there's even more Asian supermarkets as well as a bunch of Russian ones, an Armenian one and one that's in a former Home Depot that is separated into multiple ethnicities. It's fucking huge.