I recently discovered that tequila doesn't have to taste like shit

I recently discovered that tequila doesn't have to taste like shit.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good tequila? Price isn't a concern.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/77007626
warosu.org/ck/thread/S9436990#p9443680
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>good tequila

Wha...

Villa Lobos Extra Añejo.

Best low cost tequila is cazadore and some people also dig el jimadore. If you really don't care about price you can try 1800. Its definately not worth the price but its pretty good and id say its a pretty standard midrange tequilla. I like the silver the most. Make dure whatever you buy says 100 % blue agave. During the year 1999 tequila got do popular they had to start cutting the agave with other shit to meet demand.

Don Julio 1942 is great

PATRON

I find that whatever you buy, make sure it is aged for 5 years. If the bottle states, "2 years" then keep it around for another 3. Even the cheap stuff can be made much better using this method.

You're a moron.

If it’s already in the bottle, keeping it around doesn’t age it. It only ages in the barrel

Herradura reposado

This is bait. Cheap but effective bait.

It will not increase in flavor, but it will mellow more while in the bottle. It will not mellow as fast as wine does since there's no cork to allow oxygen in, but it will mellow. It just keeps getting better. It is still aging though.

>t. uneducated

No, it will not. Distilled spirits don't age in the bottle.

Yes, they do. Everything ages in bottles. That's how chemistry works. It just takes much longer, depending on how it is sealed. Spirits are more stable, which is why you can let them go for so many years, unlike wines.

Let me rephrase. They don't age in a way that can be considered an improvement or deterioration in quality.

I only know it because it was my job to know it. It isn't like cheese where it is biological processes that age it. Instead it is purely chemical and is determined by how much oxygen is dissolved into it during the bottling process. Sloppy processing means more oxygen and faster bottle aging.

>it was my job
>was
I assume you got fired for incompetence if you think letting a bottle of tequila sit on your shelf for another few years will improve its quality.

You are seriously retarded. Just stop

You're that retard from a couple of weeks ago who claimed most bourbon comes from Illinois and has a bunch of sugar and colorings added, aren't you.

Meh

Good mezcal is better honestly

vimeo.com/77007626

>wh*te ppl

lol did someone say this?

warosu.org/ck/thread/S9436990#p9443680

Mescal

I personally appreciate the fact we've got a resident bullshitter who shows up and tells lies about alcohol in threads populated by people who know enough to spot it a mile away. I look forward to his next appearance.

Riazul Anejo. The cognac barrel finish sets it apart from others in a very good way.

Rizauls are all excellent, I prefer the silver as i prefer silvers

fairly easy to find in any big city, unless you live in the NW US in which case you have to get it shipped/muled, which really annoys me.

Awww shhiieeet. He's going all-in, lads!

>buy cases of 10yr single malt and cellar the bottles for years on end
>One Simple Trick the Scotsman Hates! (Click here to subscribe and find out!)

Oxidation nigga. The factory sealed bottle is a closed environment which has effectively hit equilibrium by the time it's on the shelf. There will be no noticeable change via storing a bottle unless you break the seal and the previously sealed environment.

I carry cheap shit and then good shit at my shop. Marca Negra is our good shit for mezcal, but we don't have enough market for here it to expand the mezcal selection yet. I have to give a kudos to the Oaxaca folks who actually hunt down wild agave plants nearly as old as I am to produce pic related.
Also, get some decent sal design gusano and dust an orange slice to snack on while sippin' mezcal. Plenty of things I can hate on the mexican'ts for, but they have consumption of agave-based spirits down pat.

I haven't tried the Riazul Blanco yet. Normally I go down a shelf for blanco expressions since they'll end up as shots or margaritas (Milagro is my go-to blanco).

You're kidding right? You guys literally don't know how any of this stuff works? There's a reason most companies use nitrogen to vent the air out of the bottles, kids lol

Why that tequila look like a nigga that just heard you drop the n-bomb in the hood

Marca Negra is shit compared to my first mezcal. Mexican co-worker brought it over from Mexico and gave it to me in water bottle. I never knew alcohol could taste so smoky, sweet, and delicious.

>*inarticulate screaming*

You only recently figured that out? You slow or something? Olemca Altos is a good tequila, especially for the price.

Oxidation in the bottle isn't the same process as barrel ageing and doesn't have the same results. You cannot improve the quality of a bottle of spirit just by letting it sit on a shelf for a few more years. Stop making an embarrassment of yourself.

Is Hornitos any good? That's the best that I've had, but it wasn't great. Haven't had many tequilas though.