So I'm starting med school soon. What are some good books to get a feel of what I'm getting into...

So I'm starting med school soon. What are some good books to get a feel of what I'm getting into? Also thread about med school.

get ready for 4 years of mind numbing knowledge grind without substance.

House M.D.

3rd year US MD student here. Don't read anything before you go in. Enjoy your time now...you will be force fed information soon enough.

House of God is an old classic that every physician should read, but I think it's too cynical to recommend for someone entering medical school. You should read it at some point though.

doctors read books that aren't required for school?

Are you retarded? Anatomy and physiology plus be able to read and understand anyhing on PubMed.

Download Anki. Get familiar with how it works. More importantly, find out if classmates ahead of you have any premade decks for classes.

Spaced repetition is key for med school. It's a lot of memorization, and this is the best way to do it

Stop being a faggot. Learning techniques are for dumb women.

not science or math

so sage

med school is only concerned with technical knowledge, not scientific knowledge, i.e. doctor are like ingenior for the body

except there is no math so they get dropped down to social science tier

>not science or math
>there is no math
It is blatantly obvious that you idiots know nothing of modern medicine.

Lol med school is what you make of it.

Lots of material covered over a short span of time, what you learn in your first 2 years is only somewhat applicable to what you do in the real world.

Just plan on feeling like you’re behind all 4 years, then its over, then you get paid a shitty salary for x amount of years attached to the hip with a pager and getting shit on

Med school
You have just fucked yourself until the early 40s

Why is that?

Reminder: Veeky Forums is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

If you want help with your homework, go to /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests.

You faggots don't even fucking try

Im a few weeks into my residency.
Fucking leave, get out don't do it. Do any other career, for your own sake

Second year vet medicine here. The memory grind was manageable during the first year but this semester i've seen a few nervous breakdowns during finals, all women tho. As the guy above said, anki is good for mind numbing memorisation, it made passing histology and parts of physiology much easier

who is that girl?

Have you killed yourself yet? Why do so many vets kill themselves?

I didnt. Maybe they are depressed since we go through the same learning curriculum and make a third of normal doctors salary

probably not what you're looking for but i dont regret starting out with first aid and netter

looks like some sort of hapa