What do academics think about this? Do they find it praiseworthy or laughable?

What do academics think about this? Do they find it praiseworthy or laughable?

i dont know what that thing is about

I find it praiseworthy in conception and laughable in execution

Academics do not think about Veeky Forums or its products

They probably don't think about it at all. The only thing praiseworthy about it is the aesthetic title.

I am an academic

A fairly non-noteworthy example of collaborative literature.

Donetsk Times Best Selling Author

why not?

It's on the reading list in Givi's battalion

I think we should do one of these, but actually serious this time.

"An authentic heir to Swift. A work of palpable genius." - Harold Bloom

Why does everyone use the tiny photo?

Made me gay desu

The Hypersphere editor said that book was showcased at an exhibition for internet art

oh, shit.

wrong one.

When you make a living off your brain you do your best to avoid poisoning it with garbage.

>I had an opportunity to contribute to this but didn't

I made a one word change to Dreamscape and I don't remember what it was. Still considering buying it just too see my work in print.

For better or worse, Veeky Forums has been the staging ground for the most, largest impacting cultural trends or whatever you want to call them on the anglosphere internet, to date. 2channel in Japan has also been an important player in the East. I don't know what sort of academics you're talking about but they're obviously total morons practising wilful ignorance.

maybe

We should send a signed copy to Angela

You can't enforce seriousness on this machine.

If you could, the third reich would be upon us.

There's been two sequels to TLoTiaT, along with Hypersphere, A Wolf Called Boy and Dreamscape. It's just not possible to have an open collab produce a clean, coherent book unless the anons involved make the effort.

I think I fixed some punctuation and replaced random words with French in that one

The only thing that would be possible is if some user sifted through the whole things for memes.

but this is as serious as it gets?

Who?

Not only the Anglosphere. The whole western world.

I don't know much about it but I suspect the BR chan has been quite important to them, and the Russians if not strictly Western have their own, huge chan network too.

yeah do it

im not paying though

We built our temple on the hyperspheric tundra of the Internet, and then the white devil came and built his city around us, for he had forgotten we were here, and he did not know our priests were mighty in the ways of magic. Let the white devils continue to avert their gaze, for soon they will look upon their sons and daughters speaking in the tongue of the temple of the four leaf clover and find his cupboards and closets filled with bottles and bottles of piss.

get out of here wise user, let this board be the hell hole it deserves to be.