Dante's courtly love for Beatrice continued for nine years, before the pair finally met again...

>Dante's courtly love for Beatrice continued for nine years, before the pair finally met again. This meeting occurred in a street of Florence, which she walked along dressed in white and accompanied by two older women. She turned and greeted him, her salutation filling him with such joy that he retreated to his room to think about her. In doing so, he fell asleep, and had a dream which would become the subject of the first sonnet in La Vita Nuova.

one of ours

>being productive

Nope.

>The only source of this is a fiction work.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

s-so what

it ain't true m8
just face it and move on

nah

yeah

nope

yep

nuh-uh

yea-ah

no

I think this is just the OP replying to himself now.

Well, the content of his work implies that it is most likely true.

>tfw you'll never find your Beatrice

JDIMSA

>implies

Great "fact" you have there.

That's the point. She is meant to be unattainable in order to remain your muse. As dante once said, "never meet your heroes".

Any Italian here? How is Beatrice pronounced per feudal Florentine? Heard somewere it's along Beatriche.

Italian speaker here. Yes that's right, Beatriche with ch as cherry. It grinds my gears to hear Anglos pronounce it Beatris

I think he means you'll never have a muse like Beatrice.

>he doesn't know that a lot of history is implications
Great "education" you have there.

You are like little baby, watch this
>When he was 28 years old, because of some personal affliction (possibly venereal disease) Kierkegaard forced himself to spurn the affections of the most popular woman in Copenhagen—18-year-old Regine Olsen, whom he dearly loved—without explaining to her why. Initially crushed by the rejection, Regine later married the successful philosopher Fritz Schlegel.
>Kierkegaard never recovered, and his love for Regine festered into a disturbing lifelong obsession. Hundreds of pages of his journals are filled with fantasies about her, fragments of imagined conversations, cryptic book dedications, and unsent letters.

I wonder what she'd think of Dante's work.

It probably had a lot to do with her marrying 'successful' 'philosopher' Fritz Schlegel.

>he doesn't know the difference between ancient history and modern anciety

Great reading of Paul Veyne you have there.

>What the fuck am I reading?

i laughed

>In the year 1831, Schopenhauer fell in love with a girl named Flora Weiss. At a boat party in Germany he made his advance by offering her a bunch of grapes. Flora’s diary records this event as follows: "I didn’t want the grapes because old Schopenhauer had touched them, so I let them slide, quite gently into the water."Apparently, she was underwhelmed."

iktf

I have a suspicion that the waifu phenomenon is a corruption of this practice.

Wonder how many writers were really writing for their waifu.

Jeez. I wish I could like a girl this much.

Yes, I meant it like that

>retreated to his room to think about her
>In doing so, he fell asleep

>one of ours
except for the part where he writes something good. or anything for that matter. fucking faggot losers.

>our guy

Didn't he eventually smash though?

What a beta, lol. Bet she was railed by Chad while he was jerking off in his chamber.

his other wife Gemma, yes