Does any poet convey the European spirit as well as Whitman conveys the one of America?

Does any poet convey the European spirit as well as Whitman conveys the one of America?

Imagine how much more you'd enjoy life if you lived in New England during the 1800s. Fucking hell, they had it set.

does whitman speak for south americans?

does blake speak for slavs?

There isn't a pan-Europa spirit to be conveyed. A German, a Frenchman and an Englishman are different entities, and each of their respective nations have produced poets who expressed their heart.

It's "an American thinks his country is the same as the continent of Europe" episode

Shut up yankee.

It's only a matter of time until there will only be a "european" culture, France's vote sealed that. What's so bad about new cultures?

You could say the same for a resident of Lousiana vs. Maine, but we do alright

You could say it but you'd be wrong.

Will history be deleted?

>working in textile mill for 18 hours a day
>having it set

Man, I wish there would be an European culture. But the only culture we're going to get from now on is the shitty one from America. We Europeans will always have our ancestry but we will never create something of our own anymore as long as the US refuses to contain its poisons such as Hollywood, celebrity worship, shitty internet culture.

Europe is a subcontinent (a babydick cuck landmass), not a continent (a bull landmass).

this is genuinely spooky

Europe's 'spirit' perished oh, about 150 yrs ago for good. Two idiotic world wars that achieved nothing (for Europe) confirmed this. It's past's too heavy, it's fate is to remain a museum. Whoop-de-shit.

Allow me to interject, what you're actually referring to as European is in fact mediterranean and latin culture.

But the answer is Valery.

As prolific as Whitman, and certainly as imaginative, and though more polished, more urbane, more obviously restrained and spiritual..
I must confess I thought this an impossible test, but your contribution has me thinking. There may be no correct answer here, but this truly is a good one.

More like a common african culture of europe.

the North and South have never been the same; even the West is its own entity for that matter.

NEfags like OP are delusional

>But the answer is Valery.

Great taste. Not Goethe, though? ..Seriously?

The US is more culturally homogeneous than the UK, nevermind Europe.

FUCKING LOL

The UK is the dullest, uniform country I have ever visited. I don't know how you could live there and not want to kill yourself every day

Blake speaks for the soul

I think he means that taken as a whole the US has a more uniform culture than the UK does. While parts of the UK are extremely dull, other parts are mini-Baghdad. Although the US has Florida...

>in Europe
>not European

There's no such thing as "Mediterranean" culture. Nobody lives in the Mediterranean.

Blake appeals to Orthodoxy

>It's the US's fault that Europeans consume the worse parts of US culture

>implying the US culture has any better parts

>Posting this in a thread about Whitman