What is the evolutionary benefit of being unintelligent?

What is the evolutionary benefit of being unintelligent?

Considering the majority of the planet are brainlets; there must be selective pressures for being dummies. Why does nature select for brainletism?

manual labor is still somewhat necessary.

human brain uses 20% of the oxygen, and makes births riskier, and the babies are helpless for years and years
The evolutionary path of brainlet to that has to be profitable at all times, not very likely to happen

non-brainlet brains take much longer to develop, the disadvantage should be readily apparent

>implying you are not a brainlet.

I don't think there is a selective pressure for being dummies, but instead a lack of pressure for being intelligent.
The selective pressure for being intelligent isn't critically fatal for the dummies. They are above the threshold of idiocy that would prevent them from reproducing.
Most living organisms can get by without much intelligence.
Also, the benefits of the achievements of the intelligent people get shared with the dummies, which reduces the pressure of intelligence on the dummies and lowers the threshold further.

lower suicide rate

less energy requirement and less competitiveness = more cooperation

Intelligence is correlated with mental illnesses

There isn't a selective pressure for being a dummy. There's a reproduction rate advantage though in modern society since everyone is taken care of and even dummies can survive, and they tend to have more unprotected sex, so over time humanity will keep getting stupider. This is the black pill justification for eugenics

jesus fucking christ this is the dumbest thing I have ever read
just because a trait exists does not mean it has any benefit
That's like asking "What is the evolutionary benefit of having a blind spot? Considering that everyone has a blind spot, there must be selective pressures for having a blind spot."
honestly OP should be euthanized

Euthanize yourself for that stupid comment

DYNO-MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTE!

no u

There is literally no immediate advantage to being intelligent.

Its also note worthy that most people on this board or at least very many are not intelligent, they're delusional psuedo-intellectuals.

Dumb people breed. Intelligent people don't. Sad but true.

The only poster in this thread who understands that "evolutionary advantage" means "traits that make members of a species more likely to breed".

This.

The average person has average intelligence. By definition, most people will look like dummies to statistical outliers with anove average intelligence (or pretentious motherfuckers).

Dumb people are able to lie to themselves and persevere more easily with less discipline than smart people, they can be tougher because the just don't feel as much pain.

>tfw was pretentious af until I started actually getting into hard classes
>tfw now I realize how my babby classes were just a stroll through the park in comparison of my upper divisions
>tfw now just a smug motherfucker looking down on freshies

^This, high intelligence seems more like a heavily exploited defect in ecology than a natural occurring feature. Judging by all known societies new and old, the ability to exploit fire, create primitive tools for hunting and clothing should have been the ceiling for humanity. No naturally occurring animal seems to require anymore than that for the sake of survival. While surviving the elements often times was served by planned out migration thus nomadic societies and temporary shelters.

The fact that regardless of population and IQ, high intelligence within the population itself is always an outlier that often comes with negative associative behavior such as autism, depression, psychosis, lack of interest for breeding (not necessarily sex) and introversion highlights the counter intuitiveness of it.

So I hazard to guess that to op's question the evolutionary pressure for being a brainlet is cognitive stability/threshold that maintains behavior in connection to the replacement rate of it's given population.

That's because having an IQ of 95 isn't actually a disadvantage, you see it that way because you think of those with average IQs as being total cretins. There *is* a disadvantage to having an intellectual disability, but genetics does what it will do. It won't resolve itself through natural causes and it won't disappear unless the genes stop circulating and those with IQs less than 85 stop breeding.

Did you just assume my intelligence?

Don't be such a bitchy cunt. A science forum should encourage people to ask whatever they want without wankers like you shitting on them.