Evolutionary advantage to racism

>T.african

Racism must have had a evolutionary advantage too early civilizations think about it why let other tribes take you're culture,resources and women it's simply a form of advanced territory protection

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/10/03/diversity-and-silicon-valley-race-not-gender-gap-gets-worse/727240001/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shockley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has and it still does today - you're more likely to end up with an underperforming employee if he isn't jewish or white, which is also shown with the undeniable statistics that apply everywhere around the world, even if the form of government promotes affirmative action programs. It even (and specifically) applies to academia as well

So why, you probably ask, is Veeky Forums so anti-racist? The truth is that it actually isn't and you can see it from the massive prejudice they have against everyone else who's not a part of their "enlightened science club", aggressively calling them "brainlets", a softer word for a "subhuman with a brain deficiency". That is obviously not something that a person who's trying to eliminate prejudice would say, so why are they pretending to be leftists trying to eliminate racial prejudice?

Because they're lying to themselves. They've bought into the meme that everyone who distinguishes different races is stupid so hard that they have even turned on their own beliefs in a delusion that they're in fact not believing them, else they become that class of stupid people who everyone ostracizes for some reason. This is what Veeky Forums basically is: a group of people desperately trying to fit in with the modern left-leaning majority after leading a childhood of isolation, even if doing so means turning against your own beliefs and feigning that you hold no prejudices.

For the record I'm neither left nor right, nor do I browse /p*l/

What you described here isn't called racism. Protection of you culture, resources and women has nothing to do with racism.

Basically when early civilizations existed there was no such understanding of race as it exists today, you just misinterpret the term.

>OP's pic, "no gibs for you!"
>then this pic happens

Pottery.

Citation needed. I've seen this argument more than a couple times before and I'm trying to be open minded. Show me something more solid than conjecture and we can talk.

Is this all this board talks about?

Nah. It's just on a lot of people's minds right now due to current events. Plus, /pol/ feels the need to show up and try to make every other board like them.

Silicon valley: a case study. Are you aware of how most companies in silicon valley hire their employees? It is a ruthless meritocracy. They want people who know their shit and will make the company profitable. So, in such a meritocracy, the races are not evenly represented.

usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/10/03/diversity-and-silicon-valley-race-not-gender-gap-gets-worse/727240001/

Obviously, you could talk about how Google fired Demore and they perform diversity hires all the time, but they aren't "lean and mean" anymore, like most tech firms. Additionally, I'll bet money that those diversity hires aren't working on any of the rear-end stuff that really powers the business.

Not him btw.

Okay, you've cited evidence that there IS a gap. What I want to see is evidence that it's a genetic thing. I could just as easily argue that the cause of that gap is the result of a long history of getting economically shafted at every turn. Including an era of a remarkably worse education for minority populations being enforced by law that ended less than a century ago. If the average nonwhite person receives a markedly inferior education, it stands to reason that they will be employed at lower levels simply because the number of qualified individuals that fit that demographic are lower. Why does it have to be a genetic thing?

Race bait shit and IQ gets the most hits because it has a low learning curve in terms of discussion. The more you get into the technical side that requires knowledge beyond the rudimentary level of the discussion the easier it is to see the visible cracks in a lot of anons talking points/ understanding. The cheddarman threads is good example of race bait threads that started off with high posting numbers but thinned out heavily the moment it got technical in terms of archive data for allele genetics controlling for pigmentation.

It's clear in most of these threads the majority of anons aren't interested in the specifics, just the broad overview of the topic and personal opinions.

>Including an era of a remarkably worse education for minority populations being enforced by law that ended less than a century ago. If the average nonwhite person receives a markedly inferior education, it stands to reason that they will be employed at lower levels simply because the number of qualified individuals that fit that demographic are lower. Why does it have to be a genetic thing?

Russians have gone through a similar history, and even in some cases, debatably worse economic conditions and educational opportunities compared to modern day minorities of the USA. Needless to say, they keep producing a huge amount of academic progress while the affirmative actioned African Americans with a welfare higher than the average Russian wage produce close to none. The same applies for another group of economically-unfortunate people under an oppressive regime and a history worse than that of African Americans, China, yet they're slowly overtaking the western world.

You see, you can't pull the "but my ancestors' slavery tho" card when there are people currently in far worse conditions who still manage to produce remarkable results

But those two aren't exactly comparable examples. If you're referring to the soviet era, then you're trying to equate the progress that came about through government mandated participation and government sponsored exclusion. Not only that, but you've shifted the discussion from employment rates in competitive companies in silicon valley to overall academic progress from a nation's overall population vs. a single ethnic group that was legally forbidden from being literate until the late 1800's. If you want to talk about the pre-soviet Russians, we'll be back in the economic differences because the majority of your scientists were either fairly wealthy or wild outliers.

Your china analogy falls flat for similar reasons. Chinese people aren't a minority that were effectively barred from participation in science when you go to china.

What's the evolutionary advantage of cellphones? Or socks? It's not something that evolved directly.

>For the record I'm neither left nor right, nor do I browse /p*l/
of course sweetie

Evidence supports the idea that racism/coalition building not only predates humanity with previous hominids, but is likely found in numerous social species. This is just my uneducated speculation but I feel it's an inherent feature of social species that also have high individual intelligence.

what evidence?

Your entire argument falls on two points:

>Denying the ability to participate in science to a group of people supposedly creates an inherited dumbness (obviously false as all modern scientists would be descendants from a scientific aristocracy in that case, or the free Africa would be full of scientists)
>Every single one of the scientist I mentioned in those poor countries comes from a rich family which you unironically claimed above (also laughably false)

Also let me remind you of something very important, specifically about your "but people being banned from science X years ago causes XYZ 200 years later!" - white females were banned from science for the entire history up until a century or so ago, yet the scientific contributions of white female scientists significantly surpass those of black female scientists, so there goes your entire argument as well.

but is that a fair, unbiased comparison?
controlling for confounding factors?
also no data, just speculation

>Denying the ability to participate in science to a group of people supposedly creates an inherited dumbness
Not him, but this is a straw man, and you know it.

>Every single one of the scientist I mentioned in those poor countries comes from a rich family which you unironically claimed above (also laughably false)
Well, which scientists are you talking about?

>white females were banned from science for the entire history up until a century or so ago, yet the scientific contributions of white female scientists significantly surpass those of black female scientists, so there goes your entire argument as well.
lolwut. Are you claiming white females experienced the same level of oppression as black females? Not to mention they're part of that very group mentioned earlier (blacks) which were literally forced into slavery.

There must be no advantage to racism since the vast majority of racist are all morons, criminals, or failures in general.

Unironically this

>This is what Veeky Forums basically is: a group of people desperately trying to fit in with the modern left-leaning majority after leading a childhood of isolation
Wow tell me more user.

I remember the time I talked about the others being outliers for the most part. When you're struggling to find food, most people don't sit down and do a thought-experiment.

Also, you continue to miss the point of the statement. You compared the accomplishments of a nation's entire population to those of a minority ethnic group of another nation. Not to mention the fact that I never once mentioned any kind of dumbness. You're putting words in my mouth on that one.

>Not him, but this is a straw man, and you know it.
Then what's he trying to claim if that's not it? Does something happen to your offspring when you're denied scientific participation or something?

>Well, which scientists are you talking about?
I'm not talking about specific scientists but about him signing off the entire example and all the scientists of those countries as rich which is retarded. The Chinese went through far worse with all their famines, civil wars and the actual full-scale wars once Europe reached them. They are currently far worse economically than the average American, yet they still produce significant academic progress. The African Americans, with quality welfare and affirmative action, produce close to none. Or are all current Chinese scientists children of millionaires?

>lolwut. Are you claiming white females experienced the same level of oppression as black females?
Yes, including burning at stakes, plagues, and last century - mass rapes in the millions sprinkled with starvation. You also know that the jews went through such traumas for as long as they exist in Europe, yet as I said above, jews produce the highest quality scientists of all races. Or are you trying to imply that the century of slavery is far worse than the two thousand years of mass holocausts and constant expulsions, along with a pretty much permanent ostracization from society?

>Denying the ability to participate in science to a group of people supposedly creates an inherited dumbness
>Then what's he trying to claim if that's not it? Does something happen to your offspring when you're denied scientific participation or something?

>I could just as easily argue that the cause of that gap is the result of a long history of getting economically shafted

>Then what's he trying to claim if that's not it? Does something happen to your offspring when you're denied scientific participation or something?
I'm trying to claim that a lack of access to the same level of education leaves one unable to get a job at the silicon valley jobs you refereed to before you started talking about the achievements of various groups.

>I'm not talking about specific scientists but about him signing off the entire example and all the scientists of those countries as rich which is retarded. The Chinese went through far worse with all their famines, civil wars and the actual full-scale wars once Europe reached them. They are currently far worse economically than the average American, yet they still produce significant academic progress. The African Americans, with quality welfare and affirmative action, produce close to none. Or are all current Chinese scientists children of millionaires?
Not millionaires, just people who are well off enough to be able to afford to send their kids to a decent enough school and have them get their education. That shit isn't cheap, user. Maybe you should ask your parents about how much a good school district can make a house cost.

Worth noting, we were talking about how they got less jobs in silicon valley (the article you posted) then you immediately shifted your topic of discussion to scientific achievements of note, as soon as I brought up the inequities of the educations between the average white and black person. If you want to talk about huge historical accomplishments, that's fine, just try to start it of with something that isn't about the competition in the job market.

>Yes, including burning at stakes, plagues, and last century
Literally what are you talking about?

>mass rapes in the millions sprinkled with starvation.
>implying black slaves weren't frequently raped by their masters, with zero repercussions

The tards on this thread fail to see that "race" is a plebeian concept based on skin pigmentation.

Its as functional a concept as classifying cars or houses based on the paint color.

Then again, having to spell this out means the reader is too damn stupid to understand the fact.

>You also know that the jews went through such traumas for as long as they exist in Europe, yet as I said above, jews produce the highest quality scientists of all races.
You're probably referring to modern Ashkenazi Jews who, though marginalized, were never a slave class, and were emancipated in the 18th century.

Honest question: Do you believe the average black child in the United States has the same quality of education as the average white child?

In the school? Yes.

Have you ever seen a low-income school? I've taught in both Wyandotte schools (poor as fuck schools in Kansas) and Shawnee Mission schools (middle class area not too far from wyandotte) I will tell you this:
One of the districts could afford to buy a laptop for each of the students and let them take it home. The other one couldn't afford a classroom set of books for algebra 2. One of these schools was 97% white and the other was 90% black.

>being this deluded

It's useless to waste money trying to educate niggers.

Data?

For the same reason that it's useless to waste money trying to teach dogs to speak French.

>Is asked for data
>Gives retarded anecdote
Well meme'd friend.

Go teach French to a dog then.

>white man with an intelligent, white wife
>produce intelligent offspring

Or
>miscegenate and produce less intelligent offspring

Really activates the almonds.

Racism is mostly a new thing actually.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shockley

No, calling people "racist" for preferring their own people is a new thing. You should watch the BBC interview of Mohammed Ali. It consists of a white guy preaching diversity to a black guy, who thinks we should be like birds, who stick with their own "kind."

This propaganda is the new thing.

Yeah I guess asians should just exterminate every other race then, huh?

>their own people
We're all humans you retard.

Why do people like you always bring up extermination? Are you that hateful?Most of us just want to be left alone with our people.

>implying appearance, including skin color, cannot act as an indicator for the presence of other genes

Mohammed Ali lived during a time where blacks we're actively ostracized in participating in the same activities as whites. He also lived during a time when the U.S. was getting involved in the affairs of Asian countries because of colonial French/British issues with communist China involvement in Vietnam. Then going to war with them because of it.

His response in the interview makes sense given the context of the situations he lived through.

>I'm assuming I can read someone's genome by looking at them!

>what is a straw man

What did low-IQ people mean by this?

This shit is why people in general think that scientists have no reason to be involved in questions of ethics.

Fuck trying to fit in. If I wanted to fit in I would tell you some MLKJR was a great man who brought people together liberal-centrist-neoliberal bullshit. Ultimately until you solve the hard problem of consciousness there is NO POINT in trying to set hard and fast stereotypical rules upon whole populations that you will enforce against the individual. When you use a stereotype on an individual, you are not being scientific.

Until you disprove the null, and without a rigorous metric of measuring "intelligence" (whatever the fuck that is you'll probably conflate two different types and then tell me you think my evidence doesn't satisfy your qualifiers) you will not satisfactorily convince anyone who doesn't secretly want to stand to benefit from those stereotypes that those stereotypes are based in quantifiable reality.

Suck it you evil racist
VIVA LA SJDOUBLEYOUUUUUUUUU