So I found this Wusthof chef's knife at a flea market. I know that's a good brand that is expensive...

So I found this Wusthof chef's knife at a flea market. I know that's a good brand that is expensive. I looked on their website and couldn't find one that looks like it or any model that says
>avantgarde
on it. Does anyone know about this particular knife?

Also, bought it for a dollar, did I do good?

Here's a closer look

If you can chop an onion with it fairly easily it was surely worth a dollar.
Why make a thread about this?

>, did I do good?
depends, how many times was the steel folded?

>Superior Wusthof steel, folded 2 billion times so it cut katana

Wusthof knives are $100+ and I want to know how good a deal I got.

you did good

There is one on eBay for $50+, so you did good.

Lucky bastard.

>Everybodyfindscoolshitexceptme.webm

they cost like 50 new, why would you buy shit on ebay or any other flee market

Looks like it's discontinued, possibly re-branded as Wusthof Gourmet? Beats me.
If I had to guess, $79 new. Definitely under $100.

kys

This is the single most Jewish post I've ever seen in this website.

Well sorry. I just don't consider a one-time saving of $50 to be that fucking amazing.

If you go to pol you will see far more Jewish ones.

Thank you kind sir.

Getting such a great deal made my day.

If you know how to fix a dull knive, you did an incredible deal. These fuckers generally take a lot of beating so use them for tasks which require lots of brute force.

I wasn't even looking for anything. I was searching through junk some vendor had on a table and I found it, saw the brand and the size of the blade and asked.

>How much for this one?
>A dollar.

Couldn't pull a buck out of my wallet fast enough. Has a few dings on the spine and the blade was very dull, but after about 20 minutes of sharpening it was perfect.

Coarse side of a sharpening stone, then the fine side, then finished it with an Arkansas super fine stone.

This one is $28 and it has the same kind of stamped blade. Yours was probably the old budget range.

It's pretty useless finishing a Euro steel blade on a stone finer than 800 or 1000 grit. The internal structure of the steel with the carbides is already coarser than that. Just keep it at 1000 and enjoy the bite on tomato skin.

OP, you did extremely well. A very nice and apparently as-good-as-new classic old wüsthof. Dont rape the blade with a steel too much. use a smooth or microgroove steel, those work amazingly well with an already properly sharpened blade and without loss of steel.

BTW I know how you feel, I once got a like-new Le Creuset cast iron skillet at a flea market for like 5$.

>same kind of stamped blade
Modern knives have ALL stamped blades, even the really expensive Euro knives with bolsters. The stamped out blank from a giant roll of stee lis induction heated where the bolster is meant to go, then the blank is squished together so a bulge forms, which is then forged into the shape of a bolster. The blade itself is never touched by a hammer. the times when the actual knife, ie. blade, bolster and tang was genuinely forged from a chuck of steel are long gone. It's not a mark of quality anymore anyway.

>flea market
>something that is safe to go near your mouth
Choose one

In that case I'm happy for you.