What does Veeky Forums feel about Psychology?

What does Veeky Forums feel about Psychology?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologicalscience.org/observer/psychology-is-a-hub-science
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychophysics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Veeky Forums hates what it cannot quantify/understand.

t. agronomist

>Psychology
not science or math

Wasn't the question

It is

lol

Psychology is not humanities

Oh fuck, I forgot about trades.

>It is
Proof?

>Psychology has been described as a "hub science",[4] with psychological findings linking to research and perspectives from the social sciences, natural sciences, medicine, humanities, and philosophy.

psychologicalscience.org/observer/psychology-is-a-hub-science

Psychfag reporting.

It's interesting beyond the undergraduate level.

Interesting read.

It's interesting you can define one human by measuring another,.

But I really don't think it's because of eternal entanglement.

Telling somebody who he is based on somebody who put bunch of atrament on paper and see something in it, is bullshit, if it makes somebody who tells you there is nothing in it ill, because seeing something in it is purely hallucination.

>.psychologicalscience.org
Any unbiased sources?

Already being obsoleted by neuroscience.

>unbiased sources
I couldn't find anything on stemgodzl33t4evr.org/psedoshit

we only had two years of psychology.
is there anything empirical in that shit?
it was usually stuff like "what is bias?, could you describe us Maslow's pyramid?, could you tell us what addictions are?, how do people act in groups?" and shit like that.
only scientific thing we learned there is anatomy of brain and some nerves.

That is what the ology part means, user.

I think you have posted this thread on the wrong board. This board is for discussion of science & math. It does not appear that your thread is either . Kindly be more careful about board selection in the future.

Psychology is an outdated field, and quickly becoming replaced by things like cognitive science and neuropsychology (study of the brain and its physocal functions).

>cognitive science and neuropsychology

Most people would say these disciplines all go under the umbrella term psychology.

>Psychology is an outdated field
I'm genuinely interested in knowing how this meme came originated.

^ fuck, phoneposting.

>theology is a science

pretty much this. There is no need for psychology in 2018

What about psychophysics?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychophysics

Something that without neuroscience would be obsolete and impossible to study? It would be redundant to view the psychical interactions of stimuli from a purely "psychological" standpoint since neuroscience already encompasses it.

And from the behavioral standpoint? There are psychophysical laws relating stimuli and behavior.
By the way, what do you think about operant conditioning?

>operant conditioning
I don't have much of a psych background, so I'm not about to google that, read the definition, and pretend like I know what I'm talking about.

What I'm saying is I don't see much of a point in making any distinction between the two disciplines when psychology is just the drawing of conclusions and coining of terms that are confirmed from neuroscientific study.