Woah

woah

this is the kind of shit you figure out in high school

le upboats so good advice so original post! XDDDDD

long before that even

Jesus fuck this is just common sense.How could you not vary sentence length? That would just be boring and repetitive.

This is the kind of shit slam poets and weird moms share on facebook and cum over

I don't think it's repetitive. It isn't really boring either. Say what you need to. Varying sentence length is unnecessary. Don't aim for unique sentences. They're a byproduct of writing. Not something to write for.

stop

There's also pretty colours because sometimes it's like, words are just like, not enough.

Valuing prose over plot was a mistake.

Fuck I enjoyed it (my stories have no rythm)

>having to "figure it out" instead of just doing it without even being conscious of it
never gonna make it, laddos

>only varying sentence length
>not playfully varying punctuation
>not effortlessly switching in and out of meter
>not deliberately using foreign words to make the writing appear more intellectual
>not using rhetorical tricks to create memorable aphorisms
>not using kahneman heuristic methods, delightfully playing to and subverting peoples natural cognitive biases
>not writing so the paragraphs can be rearranged to create different essays
>not gradually changing the sentence structure and word length so that it subconsciously manipulates the readers perception of time
>not making an extensive study of socio-linguistics so as to perfectly mirror the writing style of any subset of the population
>not planning your punctuation so that the full-stops, dashes and commas create a morse code meta-narrative
>not perfectly planning and spacing your paragraphs so that they can be read both horizontally and vertically, allowing you to fit in twice the content
>not planning out your writing so that, when read aloud two lines at a time, the phonemes create a baroque fugue
>not planning your letters, spaces, and punctuation so that, looked at out of focus, the contrast recreates the mona lisa.
>not planning your life's work in advance so that the date of your death acts as a cypher to decrypt all your other work, revealing your groundbreaking treatise on ontology.

cringe

>Not planning your writing so that every third word creates the most beautiful translation of the Illiad
Never gonna make it.

Seriously though, this guys advice is shit that I learned in third grade. It's also the kind of thing you pick up intuitively if you're not a mongoloid. I also think that someone needs to tell him to not make his varying sentences so ridiculously overwritten. Every sentence was just cringier than the last.

Even aspie's would get this intuitively. Who is this for?

I actually enjoyed the first paragraph more than the other two.

>Gary Provost is the winner of the 1985 National Jewish Book Award for Children's Literature.
what did he mean by this?

Redditors

I recognize this /r/bookscirclejerk idiolect

desu if you never "figure it out" you'll never be able to fine-tune it since you'll never be aware of it. That being said if you ever did shit in the first paragraph you're an idiot and should never breed.

5. The richness of life reveals itself through a richness of gestures. One must learn to feel everything — the length and retarding of sentences, interpunctuations, the choice of words, the pausing, the sequence of arguments — like gestures.
6. Be careful with periods! Only those people who also have long duration of breath while speaking are entitled to periods. With most people, the period is a matter of affectation.

Who even bothers expressing this garbage consciously

underrated post