Are these good rib eyes?

Are these good rib eyes?

Paid 14 a pound

yea looks good, but jesus 14/pound?

looks overtimmed to me

As other user said, looks a bit too trimmed for my taste. And $14/lbs is retarded unless it's local organic farm bullshit or something.

Supposed to be prime grade but I have my doubts about that. Bought from the military commissary so that's why they are so "cheap" for prime

do u guys actually eat the hard fat that surrounds the steak? i always trim that shit off, crunchy and inedible. absolutely disgusting

>phone posting
end yourself you faggot

>hard fat
You are buying shitty meat if it has that hard fat

I pretty much eat everything on a ribeye

>crunchy and inedible
maybe if you're a welldonefag, but otherwise it's one of the best parts of a ribeye

Its value is during cooking, when it helps the steak retain moisture.

depends on location too. Beef is fucking expensive where I'm at. It takes $20 / lb for any decent steak. fucking 80 /20 chuck $5/lb at least.

i eat my steak med rare but i cant stand this shit. obviously a new york strip but ew

How the fuck else do you post pictures you stupid fuck

On a fucking computer you absolute retard

I never got people who don't like the fat, unless your only experience with fat is the chewy shit that seems to get bigger as you chew it. but the fat on steaks is usually excellent

lol I'm not taking the time to upload photos from my phone to the computer so you won't think I'm a faggot. Get the fuck off of my thread

Oh no that sucks. You can get prime grade at Costco for half of that price

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little beef thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" phone-posted """steak""", isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a mass produced $14 shitty cut of steak. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic ribeye NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "I'M TOO LAZY TO UPLOAD IMAGE TO COMPUTER XD" You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

I'd normally agree with you. I recently made some tri-tip and fucking seared the fat cap something fierce. Actually thought I may had fucked it up. After it came out of the oven, that fat was what made it. It was super flavorful and melted on the tongue.

Califuckingfornia user. I'm here on military orders and shit is stupid expensive if you aren't careful. I miss cheap beef in the midwest and really miss the meat prices in texas.

second bit intended for
Please excuse my dumb ass.

the problem with steak fat is you cant cook it long enough to render it since theres so much fat. obviously the longer you cook the more the fat renders down and achieves a nice texture. med rare steak fat does not render enough and im only talking about the thickfat surrounding the steak

>i buy $7.00/lb prime ribeyes from COSTCO

Niggah, you can't even find a whole choice grade ribeye primal in cryovac for under $8.00/lb. You're so fos shit I can smell you here.

Kek I like it. I'm not annoyed with you anymore

>$20 / lb for any decent steak

Did I say Ribeyes? No you illiterate jungle bunny

>problem with steak fat is you cant cook it long enough to render it since theres so much fat
It does with high enough heat, problem is most people can't achieve the heat you'd get at a proper steak house with the proper setup.

>my original braindead post in a thread about RIBEYES stated I could get prime at COSTCO for 1/2 of $20.00, iow $10.00.
>b-b-but I meant ground up pieces of scrap prime

Face it, you got called out and btfo, quick draw mcgraw, and we buried you on boot hill.

>fighting over who said what about the price of steaks

Great job lads

I looks like prime to me. I agree with the other Anons that they have been overtrimmed. That might be a "good" thing considering you paid by the pound (assuming you didn't do the trimming).