Hi british people who knows a good recipe for a meat pie? steak and ale, balti pie, anything. just a good meat pie

hi british people who knows a good recipe for a meat pie? steak and ale, balti pie, anything. just a good meat pie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pTc2iGQUdQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>North Korea, Venezuela, and Chad
Why? There aren't drives of North Koreans and Chads coming into the U.S.

pastry, chuck beef that's been minced or slow cooked chunks, onions, salt, pepper, make a gravy to put in the pie too

diplomats and rich tourists maybe? I dunno

Why aren't meat pies more popular in the states? It's a synthesis of what Americans like most. Meat and pie.

Because all British food tastes bad

its almost as though it's to prevent people with threatening ideologies from entering our country and not an act of racism
hmmmmmmm

Now when was the last time you met a North Korean of Chadite immigrant?

if I'm being honest I don't even know where chad is on a map

Buy a bloody goblin pudding, mate. Good enough for us, good enough for you.

>He doesn't like mushy peas

Savory pies are the shit honestly.

please someone help...

Somewhere in the middle of Africa.

Thanks to Veeky Forums I know Niger is to the left of Chad, and that Chad is landlocked.

Thick, rich gravy (not too runny) with any kind of meat or veg + hot water pastry. Good way to use leftovers.

Make sure the filling is no higher than room temp and already cooked so you are only baking the crust. Eggwash the top and leave a slash or hole for steam and make sure the bottom gets cooked all the way by cooking on or over a baking stone.

Make a ton and freeze them and they keep for ages.

youtu.be/pTc2iGQUdQw

>grate some lard
What? Is this a British thing?

You know what's awesome? The country is even shaped like Chad's head.

I wonder if the artist intentionally did that, or if it was coincidence

Get your blue pilled ass out of here

beeb steak and ale pie recipe is actually pretty good
っttps://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/252607/proper-beef-ale-and-mushroom-pie

because australia makes better pies than than the poms (brittish) you can make your own its not rocket science

pastry most are flaky so when you bite into it pastry makes a run for it.
meat filling can be what ever you like most aussie pies are steak, bacon and egg, steak and mushroom, and mince or potato top mince but with potato top
the secret to a good pie is the gravy its got to be thick only kiwis have cheese in their pies

the only pies the poms do is sheppards pie which is like a potato top but peas and onion in with the mince and little bit of cheese for decoration.

Same. Who'd have thought dank memes could be so educational?

It's almost as if it has nothing to do with whether or not they're a threat, but whether his supporters have concocted a paranoid delusion about how super dangerous they are.

Copy and pasted Jamie Oliver recipe. Steak, ale and cheese pie.

Ingredients,
3 red onions
3 cloves of garlic
2 carrots
2 sticks of celery
4 field mushrooms
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
olive oil
1 kg quality brisket or stewing beef , cut into 2cm cubes
440 ml Guinness
2 heaped tablespoons plain flour
150 g Cheddar cheese
170 g all-butter puff pastry
1 large free-range egg

Method.
1) Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.

2) Peel and chop the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery, slice the mushrooms, and pick and finely chop the rosemary.

3) Heat a lug of oil in a large ovenproof pan over a low heat, add the onions and fry gently for about 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.

4) Turn the heat up, add the garlic, carrots, celery and mushrooms, then mix everything together before stirring in the beef, rosemary, and a pinch of sea salt and 1 level teaspoon of black pepper.

5) Fry fast for 3 or 4 minutes, then pour in the Guinness, stir in the flour and add just enough water to cover.

6) Bring to a simmer, cover the pan with a lid and place in the oven for 2½ hours, or until the meat is very tender and the stew is rich, dark and thick, stirring halfway. A perfect pie filling needs to be robust, so if it’s still quite liquidy, place the pan on the hob and reduce until the sauce thickens.

7) Coarsely grate the cheese, stir half through the pie filling, then transfer to a pie dish and leave to cool slightly.

8) Meanwhile, dust a clean work surface with flour and roll the pastry out to the thickness of a pound coin.

9) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pie filling. Place the pastry over the top of the pie dish pinching or folding and tucking in the edges to seal, then lightly score the surface with a criss-cross pattern.

10) Beat the egg, then brush over the top of the pie and bake directly on the bottom of the oven for 45 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked, puffed and beautifully golden. Delicious served simply with peas.

>Brittish
Fucking retard, no wonder you got clobbered by birds.

Maybe, lard dough seems more common in Britain than most other places.

That's the same as an american pot pie. I thought brit meat pies were handheld pastries.

Chicken pot pie is a miracle

That's gotta be intentional.

>sheppards
Retard.

>brittish
>sheppards
I noticed a pattttern as well

mushy peas are disgusting
t. brit

the absolute state of australian """education""" illustrated in one post

mushy peas are the height of British culinary achievement