From the place I used to work. (Fast casual)

From the place I used to work. (Fast casual)

PIC: Kale & Iceberg Salad.

To be honest I don't even remember what's in the salad beside the obvious. I have more pics of other plates.

The chef here wanted to make more fine dining style dishes but I felt like it was totally out of place for what a fast casual Restaurant is. These types of dishes took to long to come out especially since the customers expected the food to come out in way less than 5 minutes and what is supposed to be a simple salad was turned into (in my opinion) a messy monstrosity of different sauces and ingredients. The chef prides himself an making "high quality and high standard" food there. What do you think of these dishes Veeky Forums

PS: This is the last time I ever try working at a Fast Casual Restaurant. I felt degraded as a career chef serving food to customers on a paper plate and being forced to called it "fine dining".

Most pics

Moar

Don't get me started on this one.

Moar again

Last One.

The best one and only one I liked.

>duck confit at a Chipotle tier restaurant
Jesus Christ

what the fuck lol

On a paper plate...

It looks like it is covered in rat eggs

Rats don't lay eggs.

>If rats could lays eggs

>never had rats

They definitely do retard.

OP here. Those chips are from a bag if it wasn't obvious.

"Fine dining"

Is that red corn?

That salad is terrible. Very very very terrible.

Fuck me jesus christ. What in the fucking fuck.

I need to post real food to clear my mind. The person who designed those recipes must NEVER COOK FOR ANYONE.

This is a kale salad.

Some bad looking food does sometimes taste good. Im getting the feeling that this isn't the case here.
These all look like shit they serve at car racing or some shit.

This is duck confit.

Why did they insist on sprinkling chopped green onions on all their food?

pomegranates

>raw kale
you people love you some good fartings? brraaaaap

What a joke, OP. The plating is SO BAD.

*OP*

Garnish

That's why I left the job yesterday. I felt so devalued as a career chef serving that garbage.

Is that deconstructed sushi? What the fuck am I looking at here?

*OP*

Rice Tots with Tuna Tatar. The sauce is Yuzu.

Disclaimer
I prepped the Tuna Tatar to be minced into tiny cubes but the chef said it was to big (somehow) and showed me the way he wanted it minced. It's clear he doesn't know what the fuck he was talking about because his finished product was a Tuna Paste not Tartar as you can see in the picture.

And to correct myself

Tartare*

You should have heard him talk after he made it. "This is how a salad is supposed to be!"

*As he goes around the kitchen showing it off to the whole staff both FOH&BOH with pride*

>rice tots
desu if it wasn't paired with tuna paste, but with maybe some meat skewers with lemongrass/ginger/cumin, I'd be pretty interested.

i don't get radish, is it just decoration? it tastes like a slightly spicy raw potato

Garnish

>rat eggs

OP since you don't work there anymore what's the name of the place?