Why do some humans have gaps between their two front teeth? What's the evolutionary advantage for this?

Why do some humans have gaps between their two front teeth? What's the evolutionary advantage for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4017283.stm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111122112032.htm
books.google.de/books?id=gn8xBwAAQBAJ&lpg=PT302&ots=zlahFVzQds&dq=jaw size polynesians&hl=de&pg=PT307#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lmao I feel sorry for those bastards

There is no evolutionary pressure against it.

I have a huge gap in my teeth, I think it's a Nigerian thing.

This

Also phenotype is the result of genotype and environment, not purely genotype and thus how a person lined growing up will potentially change that

Misaligned teeth is mostly from not breastfeeding long enough. Jaw posture has a lot to do with it.

In the west we are quick to hand our chicken bottles and pacifiers which fuck up their teeth alignment.

Also if you have fucked up teeth, theres a high chance you are a mouth breather.

Why can't my teeth fit on my jaws? Why would evolution produce something so inefficient?

Nice conjectures

youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc
do you mouth breath? is your teeth touching? does you tongue naturally rest against the roof of your mouth?

sure bud...

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4017283.stm

This is well know in dentistry. Its why dentists always recommend to ween children off of pacifiers before teeth come in.

chicken have teeth?

None. Why would there be?

Random variations of little details is foundational to evolution, as is not all of them having any value.

>hand our chicken bottles

List four unrelated words in a row.

>chicken bottles
What is google?

>...research suggests...
Stopped reading

This was for

Wouldn't a tooth gap with otherwise well aligned teeth indicate a healthy maxilla?

Irish people tend to have this problem, of not being able to properly clench their jaws. Many people get corrective operations on their jaws to fix this.

How so, user?

(t. someone with a tooth gap but otherwise well aligned teeth)

So they can so OP's dick with their mouth closed.

It means that there is actual room for your teeth instead of having it collapsed in on itself.

It also means you probably aren't a mouthbreather.

Girls with tooth gaps give good head i hear.

Its advantage is so Dr. Dre's dick can fit in the gap and Snoop can put his nuts on your tonsils, you sexy gap teethed user.

>Why do some humans have gaps between their two front teeth?
Acromegaly
>What's the evolutionary advantage for this?
None

You should probably ask on Veeky Forums, but there isn't one.

You can basically gauge teeth misalignment from where a person breastfed from. It's like clockwork. Why do I like breasts on women so much, and their asses? It's not particularly Freudian, but then again it is. GIMME DAT ASS AND TITTIES!

Why am I so comfortable on my left side when I sleep? It's actually an evolutionary principle.

>What's the evolutionary advantage for this?
What's the evolutionary disadvantage of this?

Nothing. That's why. It continues to exist as a defect because it doesn't harm the ability of the animal to survive and reproduce.

>Everything that exists must be the product of natural selection
>Probably had a professor that only fucking used the giraffe example
They really need to start teaching evolution better in intro bio

>Why do I like breasts on women so much, and their asses?
Those are simply signs of sexual maturity. Breasts on women became the way they are when humans started walking on two feet since the rear was less, well, in-your-face compared to the time when our ancestors walked on all four.

Desmond Morris has written a lot of books about this. Somewhat depressing readings since the conclusion is that humans are still animals.

Fucked up jaws/teeth started occurring around the agricultural revolution ~10k years ago; there wasn't nearly enough time for natural selection to impact this.

Nice conjecture mate

That's bullshit.

t. breastfed until the age of 3 and had a massive gap

It provides some empty space for the wisdom teeth, because those press the teeth together

Some people are just born with really fucked up teeth. I'm sure it has something to do with genetics.

if you can't chew your food properly you could choke and die!

When you grew up, did you eat a lot of hard stuff? or more soft stuff?
Because humans need some resistance when chewing for the jaw to properly grow
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111122112032.htm
books.google.de/books?id=gn8xBwAAQBAJ&lpg=PT302&ots=zlahFVzQds&dq=jaw size polynesians&hl=de&pg=PT307#v=onepage&q&f=false

I'm not sure how long you've been human for, but we typically only use our front teeth to bite off a section of the food we're eating, and use the teeth in the rear of our mouths to chew the food.

Birth defect, similar to hare-lip, but far less severe.
No evolutionary advantage needed, it causes no evolutionary disadvantage either.

you don't chew with your front teeth

get themselves rid out of the gene pool, goofy whistling bastards.

not true

>one maried woman gobled my dick so painfull I could not fuck for week

Not sure about why or advantage but it is more common in Negros. Eurasians and natives have elongated palates and hence for teeth crowding.

They can try the double spit experiment.