What television does Veeky Forums watch? Breaking Bad? Fargo? The Wire?

What television does Veeky Forums watch? Breaking Bad? Fargo? The Wire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pq61jstTApk
youtube.com/watch?v=ygxEPkufryI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i don't, really. on the very rare occassion i do, like once every few months, i watch cooking shows. i like jacques' shows, graham kerr, Good Eats, iron chef (both japanese and american), and recently Samurai Gourmet on Netflix.

Coronation street

El chavo del 8 and twin peaks

Bojack Horseman

I sometimes bingewatch Eastender when I'm back in the UK. Only ironically though

Fargo, True Detective s1, X-Files, Twin Peaks, Rome, The Shield, and Hannibal

Started watching mad men recently. Not bad

>twin peaks
tHIS.

>What television does Veeky Forums watch?

Why, my own of course!

Black Mirror

I'm more into films, but I liked shows like Forbrydelsen, In Therapy, Six Feet Under and Twin Peaks.
Forbrydelsen is my favourite so far. Compared to most tv shows the plots are somwhat complex, with clever plot-twists and flawless acting; too bad the american verion (the killing) is not even close to the original.

Must better than anything else mentioned in this thread desu.

Peep Show

Mad Men desu

you are a pseud.

I Don't Even Own A Television™

I only "watch" film, kiddo

BBC miniseries based on Le Carre's novels.

Most modern tv audiences can't get through it because it's slow and dry and tough to follow. It's a shame, Le Carre had a lot to say about modern intelligence services, the people running them, and the philosophies at play in the Cold War. It's good if you're in the mood to really sink your teeth into something clever.

youtube.com/watch?v=pq61jstTApk

I like Game of Thrones myself.

>True Detective s1
>people have to state which season they liked
fuck you, the second season was even better

American Gods.

mr robot is the only thing on televsion that caught my attention and spooked me

westworld too because i feel the prospect of humanoids being used as sex objects and shooting targets as entertainment for the elite in the distant future is actually a realistic possibility

Too bad Westworld is terribly written and full of sci fi cliches and boring characters that are only there to check diversity boxes.

not as terrible as true detective s2

Better Call Saul is the best thing on television right now

That's like saying skin cancer isn't as bad as lung cancer.

If this is anything like the book and you actually enjoy it then you should probably kill yourself.

patrician

>a show about a lawyer is the best thing on television

get the fuck out of here

It's about several lawyers and an old man. It's the most thrilling thing on television dude.

Midsomer Murders(earlier seasons), Gomorrah, Dekalog, Babylon 5

Modern tv is soulless, mass-produced garbage.

rectify
brilliant writing

Nashville

Yea, I watch anime

Mad Men is excellent, I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I think of it as very Veeky Forums since it isn't focused on plot but rather character development and exploration of various themes.

Who /Pete/ here?

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Rick and Morty, Bill Nye Saves the World, World Peace/ Sam Hyde

Pete is allright. Roger is great, Joan is great, Peggy rules

I exclusively watch architecture programs with Kevin McCloud.

tv is mostly incredibly trash, but here are some Veeky Forums shows:

the jinx
twin peaks
fishing with john
civilisation
peep show
moviedrome

another Veeky Forums thing to do is to watch random people's home movies on youtube

The Wire, Oz, the Sopranos, Twin Peaks, the Prisoner, Deadwood, Rome, Yes Minister, the thick of it, kaamelot...
Mad Men and Hannibal get an honorable mention, even though I only liked the aesthetics of the latter and it quickly got retarded.

Recently I really enjoyed the Young Pope, currently watching Fargo and waiting for Twin Peaks

forgot:

x-files (especially the story arc eps)
poirot
bourdain can be aight if youre going somewhere he's been
daria is fine if youre super bored

the trip series. each one emulates a Veeky Forums couple traveling through the given countryside (wordsworth and coleridge in britain, byron and shelley in italy, don quixote and sancho panza in spain). largely improv humor and is the height of comfy. be sure to watch the BBC series and not the abridged movie for extra laughs, though.

also, they do some IRL baneposting in one ep:
youtube.com/watch?v=ygxEPkufryI

>life is so beautiful
>for some, more than others
>every breath
>every day of our lives
>ahh... fishing

Yes man, my favorite show. Watched it like 3 times already but I can't find anything similar, everything elsehas been a disappointment

Damn, I really know that feel. I used to enjoy television a lot more before Mad Men but now everything seems so poorly made in comparison.

Nice list. You seen CarnivĂ le?

The YOUNG Pope is the only patrician answer. We sure got a lot plebs in here.

I was told it has an amnesia plot. This is soap-opera tier writing.

Dropped before I even picked it up.

These

I enjoyed Fargo and The Office too.

80s/90s British comedy is the most Veeky Forums form of television in existence

It does not.

Except for baseball I don't really watch TV. The last show I watched that I really liked was the Young Pope. I don't watch movies either unless they look really good. The last two I watched was Arrival and Cavalry and I don't even remember what I watch before that.

No, I haven't, thank you for mentioning it. Though I'll admit I'm quite fed up with HBO style series, I enjoyed the Wire, Oz and Sopranos sure but I don't think I would watch them again. At least the Young Pope gave me a bit of fresh air.

Series still can't compete with movies anyway, they are entertainment rather than art. It's too bad because there was an ongoing trend of television getting better and better until Netflix and chill cancer came by

forgot Sharpe

Scrap ongoing, you know what I meant.
I think it started with the last season of Breaking Bad, amplified with Game of Thrones and metastasized with Netflix and chill meme

I see. If you find yourself in the mood for a tv show you should try it out. Probably has more in common with Twin Peaks than any other HBO shows.

I recommend 11.22.63 mini-series. I found it comfy, going back in time and all.

I watch tv when I'm burnt out from too much lit so I just watch questionable euro shows about homos.