NOOTROPICS

Nootropic thread.

What do you use, why do you use it, when do you use it, etc.

My selection:

>modafinil
>inositol
>mucuna pruriens
>alpha GPC
>bacopa
>N-acetyl cysteine
>celastrus paniculatus
>LSD
>calamus
>citicoline (by itself it does shit, when used with others it's godly)
>cannabis
>yerba mate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ApU4YKBU
wired.com/2006/01/lsd-the-geeks-wonder-drug/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics_in_problem-solving_experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics_in_problem-solving_experiment).
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pr0.1966.19.1.211
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

coffee
anything more and ur a brainlet

coffee = brainlet

Caffeine is the only good nootropics. The rest are memes or too dangerous

My happy stack is pretty good.

pregnenalone is powerful stuff. i can't believe it's over the counter

>caffine
>not dangerous

Holy fuck people actually believe this.

>cannabis

8hrs sleep.

>cannabis
yeah dude, i smoke weed before solving calculus problems. while being high everything makes perfect sense!

you're the kind of brainlet that no amount of drugs could ever help

I've tried N-acetyl cysteine is does nothing. Anything you're feeling is 100% placebo

Wrote my evolutionary neuroscience thesis with it brehs.

It's not supposed to have any direct psychoactive effects. It's supposed to reduce oxidative stress which will have an overall benefit on cognition.

>reduce oxidative stress which will have an overall benefit on cognition
aka do nothing. I took it for a month

Kratom for relax
Coffee for production
Aniracetam for adhd

Phenibut for social anxiety, never more than twice a week.

Maybe you don't have much oxidative stress to begin with.

what are some daily ingredients which contain nootropics?
been drinking lots of chamomile and green tea lately, wonder if there's any more.
and no, i don't drink coffee because everyone else drinks it and it's like drug.

Nootropic LSD doses (microdoses) are safer than caffeine and far more powerful

This.

Higher doses less safe (unless you are experienced) and with incredible potential for life-changing and literally science-changing insight (as attributed by at least 3 Nobel Prize winners)

>literally science-changing insight (as attributed by at least 3 Nobel Prize winners)
Wrong.

ehh i've been hearing about this and it just seems like an excuse to do drugs

Could both of u use citation. I don't know who to trust and don't want to Google lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ApU4YKBU

wired.com/2006/01/lsd-the-geeks-wonder-drug/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics_in_problem-solving_experiment

>excuse to do drugs

That can be said about any substance. The only reason you classify LSD as a "drug" is because it was criminalized in the 60s. Before that LSD was a major topic in research (again: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics_in_problem-solving_experiment).

So before it was illegalized and when it was being researched by professionals, it was an interesting substance. Then it got banned for scrupulous political reasons. Then when researchers seek to employ the same substance, for the same reasons as before after half a century has passed and the political machinations that brought about its illegalization have long passed... suddenly it's "an excuse to do drugs"?

Your perception of it is based on the narrative presented by the people who illegalized it, not on actual research.

>oh and inb4 wikipedia

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pr0.1966.19.1.211

>27 males is a good sample size
>also had the subjects one amphetamines, didn't control for that
Oh what a good science

The research was stopped by the American government at the time, not their fault.

Also, this would seem to be ample evidence of the nootropic effects of LSD and mescaline, especially their safety in a controlled environment:

>Solutions obtained in the experiment include:

>a new approach to the design of a vibratory microtome
>a commercial building design, accepted by the client
>space probe experiments devised to measure solar properties
>design of a linear electron accelerator beam-steering device
>engineering improvement to a magnetic tape recorder
>a chair design, modeled and accepted by the manufacturer
>a letterhead design, approved by the customer
>a mathematical theorem regarding NOR gate circuits
>completion of a furniture-line design
>a new conceptual model of a photon, which was found useful
>design of a private dwelling, approved by the client
>insights regarding how to use interferometry in medical diagnosis application sensing heat distribution in the human body

>copy paste stuff I found off the Wikipedia page because the article is pay to use.
>the products are totally valid considering the methodology wasn't good and the results section glazed over a major aspect of the study.
What a science

Caffeine is enough to improve your brain's function.

LSD is too dangerous, for your brain and for the rest of the body.

>pay to use.

Uhhh you mean to say you're not registered at any institution that provides access?

I'll help you out then.

If LSD was an unknown compound, not illegalized, only discovered now and this study would be published now, every neuroscientist and their mothers would jump at the opportunity to research this further.

Any idea where one could get aniracetam in yuroland?

This

6 hours is also pretty good.

This

The fact that the war on drugs is limiting research into psychedelics is one of the biggest first world travesties of our age

the rest of the body? proof?

>Kary Mullis
Funny how you didn't mention his various mental illnesses: belief in astrology, AIDS denial, UFO bullshit, etc. as effects of the LSD. But of course LSD must have been integral to his Nobel Prize...

>Francis Crick
Said he only took LSD after discovering the double helix. Which of course then gets spun by clickbaiters and acidheads.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics_in_problem-solving_experiment
>non-blind, self reported
So it's shit.

He means running into traffic, jumping off buildings, etc.

>he actually believes this

Yes, gobble up the narrative that doesn't remotely reflect what LSD actually does to you.

The one time I used acid I ran around the streets in my underwear and ended up getting arrested for it. If it were daytime I easily could have been hit by a car. Fuck yourself.

/thread

>100 mg of caffeine a day
>4.8 grams of fish oil

>citation needed

any definitve medical evidence that is universally accepted by god tier universities like harvard or oxford (not that shit you guys went to) that say that nootropics work?

Is this ironic

No