What's the worst thing a professor/teacher has ever done that you were witness to?

What's the worst thing a professor/teacher has ever done that you were witness to?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_H._Levy
journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/109135059700200205
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threw a chair.

My university guitar professor:
>threw a chair at the class
>threatened to start throwing knives at the class
>emphatically electrocuted himself while tinkering with a guitar amp that was plugged in
>lectured us on how female vocalists should be paid less than guitar players
>encouraged us as professional guitar players to short-change female vocal talent
>gave the class (all males) sex tips. As I recall, something along the lines of "get her off first and do as you please"
>told us how hard it was to have an affair in our small town
>tried to sell his Dolphins gear to the class after his bank account got hacked
>made countless jokes and doodles about the chair of the music department sucking cocks
>used "Fat Chicks Get Drunk And Eat Barbecue" as the acronym for the circle of fifths
Those were the worst ones. He was a great teacher, though.

Prepare thyself. For the sad tale of Bob The Sound Engineer.

>Be Bob.
>Class is late for his lecture. Again.
>Locks himself in alone.
>Yells something about everything needing to be "Perfect"
>The class tries to get inside.
>Bob is weeping.
>Have to try and convince The Head of Staff to get Bob.
>Bob begins weeping.
>"It's not fair! It's not fair!" He whimpers.
>Has to be procedurally calmed down and the doors opened.
>He doesn't open the door.
>Has to get the lock removed by janitor.
>Bob is taken from his job angry at everyone he sees outside.
>The entire class is given a half assed lecture about punctuality.
>Return home and play vidya for the rest of the day.
>mfw

>Sees Fedora Athiest who constantly interrupts his class.
>He keeps questioning about things that aren't important to the actual subject.
>One day he decides to put his desk in the back row so others could ask questions instead.
>Legit spergs out that he is not allowed to ask questions.
>Shouts a bunch of things about freedom of speech and fat rampages through a few unoccupied desks.
>Teacher simply holds the pushed row of desks steady.
>Fedora slams into the floor.
>Mutters something about tyranny or some shit.
>Try my best not to shit myself laughing as he leaves the room in tears.

My chemistry professor brutally rapes the entire class everyday.

>Chemistry Prof.
>For some reason is trying to teach ignoramuses.
>Ignoramuses hurt feelings.
>Begin panicking internally and angry that they don't stop.
>Constantly talking behind back and stuff.
>Angerrises.morpeg
>One day see that teacher after class
>Teacher is actually crying.
>"I just wish they were gone."
>Fugg.
>Nightmares every night since then of the entire lab going by by because of retards hurting fee fees.

>Those were the worst ones. He was a great teacher, though.
I unironically love music professors. They're so bitter and jaded yet irrevocably dedicated to their passion.

Had the entire class come to a forest to present their projects for the class after classes had ended for the semester. It was the only reading day we had that year for finals and part of the project grade was presenting. A huge fuck you to all the commuters in the class and pretty much everyone else. "Oh by the way the head of the department is here to watch you guys present". Also to add icing to the cake while we were out there it started to snow.

I hated that class so much and I didn't learn jack shit in it.

He was a biochem/chem lab professor.

First lecture every quarter, he would talk about how university hospital doctors botched his daughter's birth, leaving her retarded (her breathing got obstructed -> partially brain damaged).

The fuck is wrong with this guy.

winged every lecture just reading off wikipedia

freshman year of high school, took my first "AP" class. it was human geography or some shit like that. teacher had a screaming/crying rampage when she found out no one was reading the textbook, then had another screaming/crying rampage when someones parent came in to talk to her about appropriate behavior in front of 14 year olds

i guess i got it pretty easy if thats the worst i can think of

>Come to class 5 minutes late every lecture
>Talk into the board, in broken english, for 1hour 15 minutes
>Never look at students or take questions
>Leave

>Went to an organic II review session the night before the final
>Session was being held by a new TA, who, admittedly, wasn't as good as the first one
>Group of pre-med and pre-dental students haranguing him the entire time on how he isn't explaining shit well enough or correcting his mistakes
>One stormed out in frustration throwing expletives at the TA for sucking ass. The rest follow suit eventually
>Feelsbadfortheguy.jpg
>Some snitches told professor about the asshole students
>The day after the exam, our professor talked to us about how important it is to be humble, empathetic, and not full of ourselves. She also says that she'll find out who was responsible and that she'll "make sure this doesn't happen again."
>A few classes later we get our exams back
>Instead of getting into NMR, she writes the shit grades of the asshole students on the boards, along with their first names
>She also reads the recommendation letter that an asshole student sent to her to sign off on, which was full of shit like, "Now that I know everything about..." and other ego-trip garbage.
>Says "Try me now." and moves on with the lesson.
Best chem teacher I've ever had.

>Fat chicks get drunk and eat barbecue

Holy fucking shit that's a badass professor

I can kind of understand this from a biochem prof.
At my university, there was a prof in the mechanical engineering department that, at the beginning of every semester, made all of his classes watch a documentary about 'engineering disasters' that killed a bunch of people.

>>Instead of getting into NMR, she writes the shit grades of the asshole students on the boards, along with their first names

Lmao is this in the US?
This is straight up illegal is a lot of European countries (that is sharing peoples grades without their explicit permission or have a reasonably as to why they should see it).

Same for the US. FERPA.

>used "Fat Chicks Get Drunk And Eat Barbecue" as the acronym for the circle of fifths
And just like that your professor went from seeming like a jackass to becoming R E D E E M E D

My old advisor (Who taught one of my classes) once called me a retard and said I should utilize the diability services the university offers. This was a few days before she quit and moved to texas. She was a premedicine advisor and apparently just had enough of it and took her anger out on me since she was leaving anyways.

Did you consider that you were being retarded?

>Fedora Athiest

>trying to pass off a meme daydream as a real life event

I got a B in my gen chem so yeah, she called me retarded in response to that. Not entirely inaccurate. At least it motivated me to get A's in every remaining chem I had.

Should be fired. Not surprised that it happened at your shit uni, though.

At the uni I attend, the teachers are intelligent enough to answer questions that are asked.

>My teacher needs to explain Maxwell's laws
>Put a youtube video instead

I know it's allowed under certain conditions. For example it's legal here (or at least it used to be) to post a table of grades by student number. First name only is probably a grey area leaning heavily towards illegal.

I hope to God english isn't your first language.

I have no fucking idea what you were trying to relate.

there's at least three posts in this thread that are hardly english

The only actual completely bad professor I can recall having was during my basic Biology 101 course way back in undergrad. She was a new professor but good lord. She would frequently come in 5-10 minutes late, then get upset when we would all leave when class was over--she expected us to stay even though some of us, myself included, had another class right afterward. She would read directly off her powerpoint slides and she would write fill-in-the-blank study guides but only hand them out if you attended class. It was a waste of time going to class because, again, she would never be on time and she would read directly off the slides. If she put her slides online, we could have saved a fucking trip going to class.
At that same college, I had a math professor who would mark answers incorrectly if you didn't work a problem out in the exact same verbatim method that she did.

Since beginning graduate school, I have also realized how dangerous tenure is because it allows professors to be GOD FUCKING AWFUL (e.g., one professor literally grades based on how she is feeling that day, will also give suggestions for presentations then mark off points for suggestions she never mentioned.)

had a professor that took mandatory attendance and made it part of the grade
it was an intro to programming for engineers course. i already knew programming so there was no point to go to class other than for the attendance tick and tests whenever we had them

i'd just leave right after she took attendance for half the semester, then eventually she caught on and started taking attendance at the END of class
fucking hate those types of professors, they're doing nothing but wasting my time and their effort

This actually happened this week.
>In class
>Talking about some stupid reading, I wasn't paying attention.
>Stacy bitch challenges teacher on some trivial shit
>Teacher goes back through reading and proves Stacy wrong.
>Whatever.
>Apparently teacher demanded formal apology for "disrespect" or some shit.
>Stacy gave apology after school.
>Next day
>Reviewing the topic for a test
>Teacher brags about being right
>Stacy mutters something about it not even mattering
>Teacher screams at her
>Also on the verge of tears
>Yells for about 5 minutes at Stacy
>Starts yelling at whole class
>"Show of hands, who here actually studied this for 4 years in college?"
>"Show of hands, who just read a short 13-page summary?"
>Bitch tried to involve the whole class in her petty dispute.

Calculus II professor
Learned more from the book than her lectures
Writes midterm take home test
After struggling all day Friday and half of Saturday my mother insists that I talk to my father (Physicist at JPL) and grandfather (Math professor) about how to solve these problems. Both of them have the test for over 24 hours the remainder of Saturday and all day Sunday, neither can solve any of the problems
Teacher collects the tests on Monday, I did my best but couldn't answer any of them. Wednesday in class "so class looks like I made some mistakes on those questions and none of them were actually solvable. So sorry but you need to have gotten the following answers which I got despite the mistakes ..."

Get D on the test, C+ in the class, the lowest grade of my college career. I went in to English instead of science, I don't think because of that class specifically but it sure didn't help. Now I write patents for an engineering firm so it all worked out in the end. Still love science but goddamn that was a terrible teacher.

Please leave and come back when you're 18.

> Teacher is a jungle asian
> Teacher is in my country because our universities are too busy paying for advanced lesbian basket-weaving studies faculties to hire real STEM professors
> Reads off the publisher's slides and can't answer any question not answerable by the current slide
> Does this for 12 lectures straight
> Can't pronounce basic terminology
> Machine Learning class
> I paid 3K for this

You should have complained to her superiors. There's legal standards about this sort of thing, teachers can't fail you for their mistakes.

>I went in to English instead of science
Are you me

>Reads off the publisher's slides and can't answer any question not answerable by the current slide
this perfectly describes every single pajeet professor I had in university except for one

I graduated last year and got lucky finding a buddy that worked at this engineering firm that needs writers. There are tons of very good jobs for writers (my cousin works at a firm writing articles for companies for their online advertising). So don't be too discouraged by people saying English is a waste of your life etc. You can also go into law very easily with an English degree. The problem with English isn't that the degree is no good, the problem with English is it's a major overfilled with underachievers.

And don't forget David Levy, one of the world's greatest amateur astronomers is an English major
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_H._Levy

my high school biology teacher helped me cheat on my A Level exam
she was super hot
ive seen her in my local drinking tequila getting shitfaced
im sure i could swindle a three way now that i am of age

After the first test I went to talk to him about why a problem was graded the way it was, and before I even said anything he told me if I wanted to talk about the test he'd take 10 points off the top first.

I had a chem prof (300-level inorganic chem, not intro) who, at least five times over the semester, spent about 20 minutes in the beginning of the class drawing out a large grid of squares and started writing out the periodic table by hand until about the 6th row. Obviously this a huge waste of time

Additionally he would have to keep referncing his phone for some elements that he couldn't remember. Of course I don't expect anyone to memorize the whole table but somebody teaching a 300 level college course should at least know all the halides and the first two rows...

You can thank every asshole who demands points back for every question because they think the grade is more important than everything else. I've never seen as much entitlement as I have at university.

My algebra II teacher would just browse /pol/ instead of actually teaching us.

Oh, also, my precalc teacher went on a tangent about laws in various states related to beating one's wife, as well as drawing a detailed diagram of a pistol suppressor and describing the function of each part.

I knew a person who got a B+ in a philosophy elective and actually just went to the prof and asked if he could have an A- because he really needed it.

Worst part is the prof actually gave it to him because he was very self aware of the fact that his course was a joke.

That's fucking depressing.

Spent most of the class opining on political events, and spent the rest of the time reading off relevant Wikipedia pages and watching youtube videos on the projector.

It was a physics class.

pre calculus high school teacher spend a lot of time discussing feminist topics like the wage gap, how she got sexually harassed and at a yelling mad tone instead of teaching math

i should have reported her

I had a high school teacher insist a light year was "a really long time.. lots of years".

I argued about it for a while and she just wouldn't look at the dictionary.

I teach high school English now; whether or not that's considered a waste of life by Veeky Forums standards, I don't really care --I enjoy it.

were you rushing?

>biochem/chem

to be fair, the botched birth probably didn't matter that much

As PhD student I have to teach and I hate it. I'm constantly spilling spaghetti. I just want to do research in quiet lab, not teaching some brats that will probably drop the uni.

Have you been outside at all in the last few years? There was literally a guy wearing a trench coat and a fedora to every chem lecture in my university. That doesn't even involve the countless times I've seen some skinny nerd wearing a fedora outside. There is a reason fedora-wearing ledditors have been a staple of /v/ mockery for nearly a decade

>my anecdotal evidence speaks for everyone!
wew lad first thing in the fucking morning and I am greeted with this underage bullshit

>Fedora Atheists don't exist lol
>No they do I've literally seen them with my own eyes
>WOW WHAT IS WITH THE ANECTODAL EVIDENCE, JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE THEM DOESNT MEAN IT IS REAL FUCKING UNDERAGE

He is probably one of them and you triggered him. Get a clue jeez

>they are everywhere because I see them everywhere and that means they are in every location across the world in great masses
wew lad. I wasn't even the original guy you were arguing with.

Besides, fedoraposting originated in 2012 from literal Redditors. Anyone who seriously fedoraposts is a chode-choking newfag, not that underage newfags ever lurk moar or admit being wrong.

Not something that I was witness to. But my Anthropology professor was arrested the day of the final for raping a middle school girl. We got free A's, so I guess it's a witness to god, or something.

Ironically my pajeet professors were much more knowledgeable than my chink & charlie professors

>physical chemistry teacher, we were supposed to be doing something called advanced spectroscopy
>instead we learnt what was written in the atkins
>he got the job thanks to his wife
>absolute awful teacher
The worst thing he did was being the thesis advisor of a girl, me and her worked in the same office. He made her waste something like 6 months, lied to her about multiple times, and I deeply suspect he didn't knew what the fuck he was doing.

I would not believe this if I didn't see it with my eyes, and I didn't happen to listen to my advisor talking with someone else about all of this.

Did two already drop it?

My AP Physics teacher didn't really know physics all that well; he was an earth science guy but my school didn't really care about what subjects the science teachers were actually qualified for. Even though I didn't know much before starting the class, I had to explain concepts to him a couple times and he came to trust I knew what I was talking about.

Anyways, we were talking about light and wave particle duality and he showed us a video (Nova maybe) to help explain it. When they talked about particles they showed some bowling, and when they talked about waves they showed B-roll of the ocean.

Afterwards, no one (myself included) actually understood duality and a student asked about it. I piped up jokingly: "Imagine a sea of bowling balls, and the tides coming in". The teacher didn't realize I was joking and said dead seriously "yeah, what user said, a sea of bowling balls". I didn't know how to correct him so I just left it.

No, I'm American

Mouth pipetted

>she writes the shit grades of the asshole students on the boards, along with their first names
if this happened in the USA that's very illegal

>technical writer
>not below the secretary in an engineering firm
I hope you know that's a janitor-tier position dude you really fucked up in life.

Breh the meme is real for a reason. You haven't lived until you've seen a 300 lb autistic man in a Rick and Morty shirt and fedora ask useless questions for attention

Is this actually a real fucking thing? My second semester chem class mentioned this in a safety video and the whole class busted up laughing

>Python class
>PhD aloha snackbar
>speaks almost no English
>TA basically taught the class
Banged the TA so all was well.

Which method did u use to bang TA, asking 4 frend

Fucking kek. All these ass-blasted fedoras white-knighting for their own kind.

>Besides, fedoraposting originated in 2012 from literal Redditors
>implying Veeky Forums hasn't been mocking fedoras since the beginning

kek

>Be me, normalfag fourth grade student
>Class ass hole used to be my friend, now calls me gay and is a general douche
>One day our teacher got pneumonia and retired so we had a sub for the rest of the year
>He got sick occasionally
>One day we get a sub for our sub, Santa minus the jolly
>The day goes as you would expect, class ass hole is rude to the teacher and the teacher has a hard time controlling the class
>It's library time
>Sub takes us to the library and we pick a book for him to read to us, he begins reading
>Class ass hole does not like how the teacher is reading
>Class ass hole tells the teacher he does not like how he is reading very loudly
>By this point the teacher had had enough of this shit
>Teacher asks what class ass hole would like to do when he grows up
>Class ass hole says mma fighter
>Teacher calls class ass hole a fat lazy piece of shit, says he's seen how class ass hole runs during recess and that he can't even go five meters without losing his breath
>Teacher tells class ass hole he'll never be an mma fighter and that he'll probably end up living with his mother for the rest of his life
>Class ass hole loses his shit and flips a bookshelf before storming out of the room
>Feelsgoodman because class ass hole got shit
>feelsgoodman because teacher got promptly removed from the school and everyone was sent home early

I met her at a friend's birthday, so it was coincidental. She's Bangladeshi and Muslim but definitely not the conservative type. We were both shitfaced but did it a few more times through the semester and the next sober.

>illegal
like some med school students probably 200k in debt and counting have any means to deal with this

what hes speaking in perfect greentext

i hope english isnt your first language lol

Teaching is a noble profession. I hope you made it easy on yourself and went to an area that is mostly white.

Nice.

>desks
>"freedom of speech" and not "I pay your salary"
Underage banned.

Upper division ethics class teacher is total babe and little firecracker. At beginning of quarter says that she will not tolerate ANY non emergency cell phone, tablet or laptop use. Nevertheless, one of those fresh of the boat fashion driven Asian girls, literally always pulled out her laptop and browsed Facebook. First time professor told her to put it away and never pull use it again in her class. Asian bitch pulls out the next class, and the 4 next subsequent classes. Professor didn't day anything, but by the 5th time, she cracks, takes off her shoe, walks to Asian girl who's deep I'm Facebook, slaps her desk 5 times with her shoe, yells at her to show some respect and kicks her out of the class. The girl never came back to class, and I checked out the professors fantastic ass as she walked away. I still get erections thinking about it. Pic related

Got dayum. Would smash

I'm currently employed by a ritzy upper Connecticut private school, pretty comfy.

Diddled a female student.

Got a couple, none super bad though.

>Grade ten algebra
>New teacher
>My first time learning about polynomials
>Teacher is bumbling through his own unit, constantly fucking up etc.
>Most kids are getting tutored by this one asian dude in the back of the class
>Stumbles through the unit, fucking up one or two questions every class
>Often just goes on tangents or shoots shit with students instead
>Finals time
>All units over, only a handful of classes left for review
>He decides to write last years exam for practice
>Working through the exam, everything going well
>Hits the polynomial section
>The two questions (factoring and solving) take him about twenty minutes on his first try
>Checks them from the key, both wrong
>Does them both again, gets two different wrong answers
>Skips the questions and moves on
>Teenagers are bewildered
>Asian kid is smug as fuck
>Everyone bombs that section of the final

Fast forward to next year

>Sitting in mom's car in a local parking lot
>See math teacher walking into liquor store
>disgonbgud.png
>Walks out with a pair of liquor bottles
>Not so bad
>Buying snacks in the same spot a week later
>He walks out of the same store with the same pair of bottles
>o shit
>Friends see him buying two bottles of whiskey every weekend
>Later in year, his kid (14? 15?) runs away to nearby island (west coast canada)
>Fixes boats for money and lives there for a few months until police find him
>Teacher's attendance becoming infrequent, obviously stressed
>Still can't teach polynomials

One year later

>Sitting in pre-calc 12, finally know how to polynomial
>Hear sirens, class gets all excited
>Paramedics bring a stretcher past our classroom
>People whispering, "oh shit, mr. teacher finally had a heart attack"
>Get home, ask my little brother what happened
>'Pulmonary embolism, not a heart attack'
>'oh shit. What unit were you guys on?'
>'Polynomials'
>mfw polynomials almost killed my math teacher

Turns out he majored in ornithology

Take your pick:

•Not actually do any teaching.
•Teaching precisely what (((they))) want us to be taught.

>babe

Magnetic fields do no work, so how can a magnet lift a piece of iron against gravity? My idiot physics professor attempted to explain that it was because your hand (or whatever is holding the magnet) is what actually does the work. No magnetic work done necessary!

Of course we asked him what happens when you drop a magnet over a piece of iron. Won't the iron rise up to meet it? Dumbass said he'd get back to us on it but never did.

When bae don’t know she bae yet hmnnnnnnggggggg

>review session for electric circuit analysis midterm
>topics covering rlc circuits
>shes just continues off were we were in the lectures working on examples we hadn't done in class.
>at some point half way the session, a guy asks if we can go over calculating max power stored in a capacitor.
>she literally just straight up says no and keeps going through more examples

This defiantly isn't to bad, but it always stuck with me. Who the fuck holds a review session and doesn't answer students questions.

I get paid $2000 for each patent I write and I can write 3 a week. Tell me again how I'm janitor-tier

The engineers here are actively afraid of writing and knowing and learning how to effectively write legal documents is beyond most of you.

He brought in a student teacher to do the first half of the semester, then never showed up again. The rest of the class was "taught" by a substitute who basically babysat.

Nothing comes to mind for college profs
In high school my Macroeconomics teacher would spend the first 10-15 minutes of every class ranting about his ex-wife because she never let him see his kid. So that was fun

It used to be super common, but anyone trained since the late 80s or 90s gets it drilled into them not to. the person I saw do it was just pipetting sterile LB. I know a guy in a lab that does a LOT of radiation work and their PI told them a story back in the day of mouth pipetting radioactive solutions. they would put a couple drops of non radioactive salts on their tongue while they did it so that if they aspirated anything the radiation would be outcompeted on the uptake by their body

side note a lot of those early PIs' thyroids would make Geiger counters tick and a bunch died young from cancer

Also have this: journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/109135059700200205
"Mouth Pipetting: A threat more difficult to erase than smallpox"

Pretty good sex tips desu.

A lot of guys don't take the effort to please the women first, who still maintain their libido after climax unlike men

In 10th grade math we had a student teacher for a few weeks. He was a 40 year old with a tangible virginity, like one week in he got bored teaching us math for the test so started teaching us some other stuff he found more interesting, this caused our entire class to fail our test. But the best part was when he pegged a whiteboard marker at a student who would not shut up, hitting him in the eye the kid shouted what the fuck, he then made the kid pick up the marker and give it back and gave him a one day suspension for swearing at a teacher.

Broke the ceiling of the lecture room with a basketball.