Has anyone here tried to create a new verse form?

Has anyone here tried to create a new verse form?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803115540612
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Thousand_Billion_Poems
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In English, there's not much room for flexibility in creating new verse forms.

There's already the standard iambs, trochees, dactyls, anapaests, then the other obscure three-stressed feet not much of anyone cares about because if you repeat them you could just as well read them as alternating two-stressed and/or the more common three-stressed feet (anapaests and dactyls) feet most of the time.

So, anyway, you could put these in whatever intentional mixture you want, but it'll probably be too difficult to do consistently for many poems; also there's already quite a repertoire of poems/poets already who mixed dactyls with iambs or whatever and did whatever clever things they wanted with the meter.

Hopkins's sprung rhythm and Coleridge's and other's accentual rhythm are also already taken; and of course free verse has already been taken.

verse form != metre tho, sonnet is a verse form but not a metre

I have. It's verse form in free verse and not blankverse that has footnotes and prayers and a vilenelle here and there are also crown of sonnets from all the accidental sonnets and I call it the Big Mac.

You mean fixed form? There's no "verse form".

Yeah, it's called fart-lit. Basically you include a single syllable expressing the bodily release of anal gas before every stress. I was inspired by the SpongeBob episode where the titular character gets stuck in Rock Bottom

oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803115540612

First you mistaked "verse form" for basic rhytmn, now you give me a link who says that verso form = fixed form. Are you going to get in an agreement with yourself or what?

>First you mistaked "verse form" for basic rhytmn
You just made that up. And I posted that link to show that, contrary to your claims, there is indeed such an expression as "verse form". Not that hard to understand, at least if you're not autistic.

why would i do something like that? surely you're aware of which century it is

The Net Poem. Based on the pic. A line or a couple of short lines serve as one node, then connect it to other nodes. Therefore nodes have multiple relations and can mean different things depending on the sequence you choose to read in.

When done well (which I'm still working) it is an amazingly rich and relevant modern form.

the rest of the world calls this invention by the name of, "a book", user

What do you mean? It's not meant to be as extensive as the pic, like A5 size page worth. Imagine 15 nodes, some with only one connection, some with four.

what's the difference between what you're suggesting, and a book of related poems beyond lines to connect them?

Because it's one page not a book, therefore one poem. Like little ten word stanzas specifically designed to be read with relation to any of the connections.

Sounds really interesting, user.
DonÄt forget to post your work on lit

You aren't grasping what he's saying. Each word or every couple words is a node, and you can kinda follow the nodes around in any direction from "start" that you like. Kinda like a CYOA book. But still not like a book. Capisce?

Like this

No, but my original (tm, copyright) method for innovative (tm copyright too) poetry (etc.) is to add a sentence in brackets at the end, outside the poem, that either expands the context or introduces a different theme to the poem

Can't post an example since I don't write in English, but it's neat and simple and not too much work and gives you a way to play with the reader

interesting idea, user. I hope you're able to properly flesh it out. I'd suggest maybe using classic poetic devices to strengthen connection between the nodes.

This is what I meant to post.

This is actually pretty cool. It adds an interesting visual aspect, like Blake did with his poems

somewhat related: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Thousand_Billion_Poems