Hi Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction collection? Are there any other similars works you would recommend?

Hi Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction collection? Are there any other similars works you would recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Changes_Everything
democracynow.org/topics/chalmers_johnson
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the arrogance of power
and then for supplemental reading to all that commie stuff, the closing of the american mind

>all that commie stuff
What commie stuff?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Changes_Everything

Lewd

Is this book actually about what the title is? I might be interested in reading it.

lol nice Democracy Now! reading list shelf bro, how do u find so much time to read between campaigning for the green party and bitching about who killed the electric car

Democracy Now! Reading list?

ten bucks says everyone one of those dudes has been interviewed on democracy now! at least once probably more like 5 times lol well except for johnson since he croaked (and obviously the greeks)

democracynow.org/topics/chalmers_johnson

ok five times for him too lol

Dark Alliance by Gary Webb
The COINTELPRO Papers by Ward Churchill

I have never understood the obsession with Webb
He didnt do anything that hadnt already been done by Leslie Cockburn, Bob Parry, John Kerry, or Alfred W. McCoy
Yet they're forgotten and everyone goes on about him rehashing their work

because webb was the one that uncovered that rick ross was getting tipoffs from the feds to avoiding getting pinched by the local la cops...iran contra didnt necassarily acknowledge that the cia was flooding america cities with coke, just that they sold weapons to iran to fund death squads in central america, webb was the one who exposed the fact that all the central american cocaine was coming in with cia help, and i'd bet all the heroin right now is coming in with cia help, probably helping to use heroin to fund anti-taliban fighters in afghanistan

Nope, back in the 80s and early 90s it was explicitly stated they were working with drugs smugglers to run the guns and coke was coming back
Nobody
Not even Webb
Said the CIA was distributing coke as you have
>the cia was flooding america cities with coke
This is a strawman claim used by defenders of the administration and the CIA to beat all the other claims over the head with

maybe you should try reading webb instead of anti-webb takedowns by establishment shills, john kerry? dude please.

Right out of California - Kathryn Olmsted
Challenging the Secret Government - Kathryn Olmsted
Empire's Workshop - Greg Grandin
The Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit - Thomas Sugrue
Fear Itself: The New Deal and the Origins of Our Time- Ira Katznelson
One Nation Under God: How Corporate America Invented Christian America
Age of Jihad - Patrick Cockburn
Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal
Lost History - Robert Parry
America's Stolen Narrative - Robert Parry

I saw Ward Churchill give a talk, lecture. He is pretty good.

>instead of anti-webb takedowns by establishment shills, john kerry
Maybe you should know what you are talking about before talking shit
Kerry was involved in investigating this back in the 1980s
Appeared in the two documentaries about it
His Kerry Commission report made some amazing accusations against the office of the Vice President

couldn't have been that amazing since you say he forgot to mention the cia was helping cocaine traffickers

>Nope, back in the 80s and early 90s it was explicitly stated they were working with drugs smugglers to run the guns and coke was coming back

You claim they were directly involved in distribution
Nobody has ever said that. Not Webb. Not McCoy. Not Kerry. Not Parry. Not Cockburn.

Yeah I've been meaning to get around to Parry, I've read him online and seen some clips online

Has anyone read the ex-CIA quintet?
Victor Marchetti, Frank Snepp, Philip Agee, John Stockwell, and Ralph McGeehee
Five former agents and officers who through the late 60s-early 80s became disillusioned and wrote big books about what the CIA was doing
Agee went so far as to go rogue and out hundreds of CIA agents around the world to try to impede covert operations