What did he mean by this?

"We can easily see how LSD inverts the relationships of ill humor, stupidity, and thought: it no sooner eliminates the supremacy of categories than it tears away the ground of its indifference and disintegrates the gloomy dumbshow of stupidity; and it presents this univocal and acategorical mass not only as variegated, mobile, asymmetrical, decentered, spiraloid, and reverberating but causes it to rise, at each instant, as a swarming of phantasm-events. As it slides on this surface at once regular and intensely vibratory, as it is freed from its catatonic chrysalis, thought invariably contemplates this indefinite equivalence transformed into an acute event and a sumptuous, appareled repetition."

he is just posturing, fluff

I didn't understand shit
he looks like a supervillain in that pic
is he trying to say LSD is good or bad?

>what is the meaning of this?
>post a text from a french fag

lol

>What if the conditions of our experience of ontology broke down and fluctuated so quickly in our perception that we could get a glimpse at how ontology itself is relative and malleable haha

Everything is, like, connected dude. Far out....

He is describing LSD as N anti-enlightenment enlightenment. Elsewhere "what is enlightenment?" he riffs on an article Kant wrote to reflect on the dialectical imbrication of enlightenment and this thing we call modernity. Foucault's work is like a holograph in the way it subtly links itself to itself. Kant was also the prime philosopher of categories since Aristotle. By describing how LSD re-orients cognition away from categories through an intentional change in sensory perception, he is in a way affirming the power of this chemical to give us a glimpse of the non-categorical, which can potentially be used to understand categorical thinking better.

Or you can just be left handed.

Dude drugs lmao

It removes the idea of stupidity, and difference in general by bring everyone together as beings experiencing the same high. Everyone feels the same, wavy, vibratory visuals and it makes us to closer to equals in the constantness of it's effects. That's what I think at least, it sounds like he's really smart, and is trying to give the most intricate definition of this, "unanimous soul" effect Lsd demonstrates.

Tl;Dr one love

>he looks like a supervillain in that pic
you're beginning to understand, let the discourse flow through you.

I always thought Uncle Fester.

Holy fuck, this guy needs to learn effective sentence structure. Stringing 10 ideas into one sentence by abusing punctuation and connectives does not make your thoughts complex.

Allow me to translate.

It's easy to see how LSD switches up being a stick in the mud, being dumb, and thinking: it gets rid of all the bean counter's pidgeonholes the minute it blows the bean counter's mind, and lets the dumb guy speak instead of miming in the dark; and it shows this one voiced and no-pidgeonhole mishmash not only as all mixed up, slippery, slanty, with no middle, going up and around in circles, and echoing, but makes it go up, every minute, like a whole bunch of ghosts buzzing around. While it slips on down the line kind of neat but also really shaky, when it wakes up and comes out of its shell, ur brain always thinks this stuff, which is kinda-sorta the same, is changed into a one time deal but also a really swanky rerun.

Effective sentence structure is a modernist spook.

He took LSD once and his biographer James Miller notes that out of this experience came a decisive break in his philosophy.

He's not even the worst in that regard

D-dave, is that you?

Nice

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to understand because he is perennially full of shit.

>he is in a way affirming the power of this chemical to give us a glimpse of the non-categorical, which can potentially be used to understand categorical thinking better.
The psychedelic experience is a doorway which leads to a hallway which leads to only what you want to find within yourself.

In other terms, a drug is nothing but a high-yield (fast but not perfect) technique to reach partly what your reason and heart cannot achieve fully in your opinion. If anything, it is a total lack of confidence in your reason and in your abilities to philosophy to be at ease with life; ease which remains unlikely, given that the choice of doing these drugs with the goal of opening your awareness and opening your mind is already a sign of close-mindedness and poor ability to reflect.

I feel "discourse" is a codeword here, but I don't want to guess for what.

This is all really simple stuff, I can't believe people in this thread are finding this difficult

>In other terms, a drug is nothing but a high-yield (fast but not perfect) technique to reach partly what your reason and heart cannot achieve fully in your opinion.
You could use this argument for literally anything that isn't philosophizing (or whatever you want to sell). Go be a tough guy somewhere else.

>it is a total lack of confidence in your reason and in your abilities to philosophy to be at ease with life
Being at "ease with life" is the whole opposite of placing confidence in "your" abilities alone.

Don't even try, everytime someone mentions psychedelics this guy shows up with the same babble, assuming drugs are somehow to blame for dumb people existing.

it means foucault was a fucking retard who died from bathhouse AIDS

>all style, little content

seriously, why write like an asshole when what he said can be fit into two sentences.

Go on then, smartarse. I double dare you.

cus its fun, and rewarding, and rewarding to read

Getting a tat of me holding this mans decapitated head while his girlfriend sucks my dick