Women in STEM

Why do most women hate being in stem Fields

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8NJLbdgI_4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZLLg7HTCQs
youtube.com/watch?v=NsevBxOWFXs
youtube.com/watch?v=83gaaCxl74w
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/
ikefoundationforautism.org/e-library/What's Happening to Ellie - A Book About Puberty for Girls and Young Women with Autism and Related Conditions (2015).pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

most people find math difficult and stem almost always has calc1&2 requirements. calc is weeder courses at most universities. why put yourself through that when you can find a man who is willing to provide for you and meet him in his elective class

>Why do most women hate being in stem Fields

Because of misogyny. STEM fields are plagued by bitter nerds who don't want women to succeed. There also studies that show that STEM employers discriminate against females.

-lower ambition
-lower risk-taking preference
-lower technical ability, preference for emotion-based activities
-lower variance in IQ (hence less high-level IQs)

All of these are proven facts. They prefer breeding or something easier like being a secretary.

Citation needed

Women are almost at parity with men in STEM when it comes to college enrollment. The real drop comes when they get out into industry and realize it’s a soul crushing anti-social grind. Men are better equipped to deal with that shit and some actually like it.

You have to have a very high IQ to be a feminist.

This is true for some people I encounter. Especially people like And who think I’m “””genetically inferior””” or “”should be at home””

Speaking of, , go fuck yourself

>teeheehee Im a girl btw
Nigga fuck off.

Electrical engineering student here. Engineering guys are fucking creepy. They often have poor hygeine, poor social skills, and don't really get boundaries. My personal favorite is the computer engineer on campus who wears shorts every day, gets super fucking sick every winter, and coughs on fucking everything in every lecture.

Women have been steadily integrating into many STEM fields. Biology and medicine in particular have seen an uptick, and even mechanical engineering has seen a slight uptick, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd be uncomfortable in engineering too if the mouth-breathing shit with a rolling backpack followed me to my car after lecture.

It hasn't been my experience that they aren't capable. Those that do persevere into their major often perform very well.

unironically this

Biology is always filled with Brainlet women who hate Math.

Women go to Chemistry, ChemE not expecting Math & are assraped in Physical Chemistry & Fluid Mechanics Classes.

Women almost universally hate Physics in general so they also hate EE & Physical Chemistry

Women hate Autistic guys (Physics, CS, EE)
Women hate Machines (MechE, EE)

The few women good at math major in Math.

Female Civil Engineers work as Brainlet Architects or in Environment.

they have teachers early on that don't respect them or push them into humanities, and this taints their view of math/science.

>teachers don't respek whymen

it's true though. back in middle school my math teachers were a bunch of fat men who treated the girls like they were hapless babies.

this too dbh. salty virgin dudes are terrible.

rispek whymen
youtube.com/watch?v=83gaaCxl74w

>implying most of them weren't hopeless babies

The naivety of some of the people on this board, really.

>They often have poor hygeine, poor social skills, and don't really get boundaries. My personal favorite is the computer engineer on campus who wears shorts every day, gets super fucking sick every winter, and coughs on fucking everything in every lecture.

how the fuck is that relevant to being a woman in steam? you just said he coughs in everyone, even man right? so why cant you bitch suck it up and ignore the guy like everyone else?

and i had a crazy bitch follow me in high school. she even appeared in my front door some day, and i didnt stop going to school because of that.

entitled bitch.

those are not the reasons women dont go to steam, its because they are dumb and are unable to follow logical thought. and complain about the hygiene of others.

Have you ever met a woman, user?

Do they?
>-lower risk-taking preference
STEM is very low-risk, especially compared to the gamble that is the humanities. There is little courage in following a path set before you. I would also like to see the proof for your other "facts".

Respec Whymen

Not him but
>STEM is very low-risk, especially compared to the gamble that is the humanities
I have tutored enough math to know that algebra is a barrier for many, many students. Basic calculus is seen as a foreign language, to these students, stem majors are a very serious risk, not for job prospects, but just completion of the degree itself. When was the last time you heard of someone failing a humanities course because they couldn't understand abstract concepts?

>There is little courage in following a path set before you
True, but to say this doesn't apply to the humanities is laughable.

Long, long working hours. Low pay compared to student loans aggregated and by hours worked. If you do experimental work there are many dangers discussed in numerous threads here earlier. Unpredictable working hours. Years of study with limited time to be social.

All in all, why on Earth would women do STEM?

>steam
Fuck off

Women don't like technical things

This fact is blatantly obvious to anyone who has spent 5 minutes interacting with one.

It's not STEM anymore. It's now STREAM and it's beautiful.

Get that hugbox shit away from me, or I'm telling my mom.

>Speaking of, , go fuck yourself
Great rebuttal.

why do most men hate being in flakey fields

Would you trust a woman engineer or mathematician? Me neither

user, don't you know we have a 23 YEAR OLD, FEMALE, EINSTEIN xd wahmen are just as gud as mhen xddd

>implying normalfags think beyond graduation

They (both male and female undergrads) pick psychology etc. because it's easy and low-risk in terms of getting good grades.

This. Lots of reddit tiered MRAs.

It’s always someone else’s fault you can’t succeed right

Their appearance won't help them advance.

>Engineering guys are fucking creepy.
I've tutored enough nerds to have heard of and witnessed creeps across all STEM fields and genders. But yeah, for whatever reason, the especially virulent ones tend to be male.

I had the misfortune of tutoring for a physics landwhale once. She'd insist on accompanying me to my car after every session and somehow found my home address long after the semester was over. She smelled like a fucking retirement home all the time, got too grabby with those disgustingly sweaty hands of hers (imagine a flabby slab of lukewarm ground beef wrapped in moist plastic wrap), and went absolutely bananas when she learned that I had a passing interest in anime.

I can't imagine myself not being discouraged if I had to deal with nonzero spergs like that every semester. Of course, there's always the frustratingly ditzy girls whose approach to a complex problem starts with "oh my gosh, I don't get it" and ends with expecting me to spoonfeed them the solution, but on the whole, I understand why women who'd otherwise excel in the field choose shy away from it.

Civil engineering students at my school are all chicks and ME's are chads. Only the EE's and CE's are disgusting autists who never shower.

>mechanical engineers
>machines
they are the closest thing you get to frat boys in STEM

I think it's not unreasonable that culture and biological predisposition comes into play. I had girls in high school who were as good as math as I was get pushed into nursing by our guidance counselor, even though a couple of then we're interested in engineering math. There's also the famous example of computer science majors having 1/4 sex ratio in the early 80s before dropping off once male hacking culture took hold

Flip side, theres plenty of evidence of things like autism and schizophrenia affecting males and females at different rates, much less practical realities of having a stem career with a kid.

FEET
E
E
T

t.reddit

no money in it

Agreed, this has been my experience.

This isn't a diss against women, but their brains are inherently inferior at solving problems in maths. It has to do with their neurobiology.

Well how many women liked playing with Lego? How many women like tinkering with their PCs? Their cars? A lot of women don't like getting technical. I've never met a woman who knows how to "talk shop." This seems to be an inherently male thing stemming from how men are typically raised.

why did they name a magazine after this person?

Piper Harron
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/

Interests: Algebraic number theory, arithmetic statistics, teaching, writing, social justice

The CV of a Liberated Mathematician

New York University, BA cum laude in Romance Languages
survived external and internalized misogyny
survived external and internalized racism

Princeton University, MA in Mathematics
survived external and internalized misogyny
survived external and internalized racism
survived pervasive and internalized cult of genius mythology

Real Life, Single Lady of Arts in Oppression
grew human in own body
gave birth to new human with own body
created milk with own body to sustain new human
survived pregnancy, labor, and infant care related misogyny

Real Life, Mistress of Arts in Self-Liberation
grew, birthed, and created milk for new human with own body
survived thesis writing while being a stay-at-home parent

Princeton University, PhD in Mathematics
Advisor: Manjul Bhargava

Denied Awards and Recognition
Surviving village-less parenthood is its own reward, 2011–
Surviving patriarchy is its own reward, 1980–
Surviving white supremacy is its own reward, 1980–

This. Being a women is a terrible career.

>male hacking culture
You mean inexpensive 8 bit computers used by social outcasts which turned into a lucrative career?

Same reason most men hate STEM their brains arent wired for it, only a minority of men relative to the total population are in STEM to begin with.

Interesting theory, but I would like you to explain how the percentage of men and women dropping out remains nearly parallel until college calculus when women become between 1.5x and 2x more likely to drop out. Is that the exact point at which all the internalised misogyny reaches critical mass?

A lot of people hate being in STEM fields

lost

This.

Let us call this shit what it is: a large group of outcast and/or socially awkward men turned towards their computers as outlets for interaction and self expression, and this once looked down upon and made fun of activity and group of people became the target of envy once their interests and domain of expertise became lucrative.

It makes me so sick every time.

""""studies show"""
only two people have to agree on something for it to get published, the author and the supervisor
just because no-one calls you on your bs doesn't mean it isn't bs

we call them computer science majors.

Just to clear the air (since there are so many misinformed):

>women constitute the majority of teachers in every subject from K-12
>girls get better grades in every subject on average than boys from K-12 (every single level)
>boys have significantly higher dropout rates than girls
>women earn the majority of college degrees
>there are more women than men in college

If there is any institutional bias affecting either of the two genders it has been working against men and boys for decades now. If women were in the position men/boys are currently in the screeching would be incessant and the cries of "oppression" rampant. Despite these actual, fundamental roadblocks boys experience growing up (including a serious lack of positive male role models thanks to the common absence of involved fathers on top of elementary/school level male teachers), boys outscore girls on standardized tests and boys make the willing choice to flood into STEM, not only due to a greater natural predisposition to STEM and technical subjects, but because boys know they are going to be expected to earn money in order to be respected and wanted as a partner/provider after college, another societal expectation girls are not burdened with.

I actually think the adversity and great expectations boys shoulder going through the K-12 system make them better students and workers at the end of the tunnel as challenges build real character.

>Women in STEM

ikefoundationforautism.org/e-library/What's Happening to Ellie - A Book About Puberty for Girls and Young Women with Autism and Related Conditions (2015).pdf

You're kind of proving her point here.

Men can deal with the antisocial environment better than women. A man can survive years without any social interaction (prisoners in solitary confinement and /r9k/&/v/) while a female would break in a week.

Pretty soon everything is going to be segregated in order to avoid perceived discrimination.
Only men can teach men. Only women can teach women. Only blacks can teach blacks. Only whites can teach whites.
Same goes for employment.
It's almost as if our culture is going full circle.
Perhaps all of these modern claims of racism and sexism are the problems that segregation was trying to avoid.

I'd like to see any kind of thoughtful counterargument to this, because it seems fairly obviously true, but never gets addressed.

Also, is anyone else concerned that we're teaching an entire generation that women are victims of society? Do people not see the immense potential for harm here?

The best girls in STEM have a dick

It's funny they try to fuck over men and boys as much as possible but some of them mange to crawl out of the muck and crawl their way to the top. I think that fact pisses misandrist off more than anything.

The kind of women who should be in STEM are the same way, they are intelligent and socially awkward with an interest in physics but not enough brains to become physicist. The feminist are trying to push regular subhuman women into entering STEM.

>but never gets addressed
Feminism doesn't want equality.
It wants to make things better for women.
Only after it forces you to accept the axiom that women have it worse than men on every issue does it claim to be for equality so it can look fair while being one-sided.
To address issues where men are more disadvantaged than women would weaken the feminist goal of solely catering to women.
>is anyone else concerned that we're teaching an entire generation that women are victims of society?
No. 47% of white women identified as republican while 46% identified as democrat. A lot of women don't buy that shit. Just stay away from the minority women and the liberal arts types.

Haha, that's indistinguishable from her actual thesis.

Yup. This whole thing is just women "shit-testing" men because it's what they evolved to do. Women are attracted to those who can keep them in check. Because men can't just backhand a bitch, whenever she gets out of line, they have to do all of this conniving BS and mental gymnastics. People forget we evolved as semi-nomadic tribalists who only needed very rudimentary social skills.

Not saying we shouldn't respect women based on their merits, but if they start going "Ooga booga, muh patriarchy, give me special privileges," that's right around the moment you stop listening to what they're saying.

>middleschool is the peak of STEM

STEAM*

:^)

Racism is a clear sign of brainletism.

Women are more interested in people; men are more interested in things. See Scandinavia: Highly equitable with pronounced difference between men and women.

>I don't understand statistics and therefore information about average intelligence or crime rates, with regards to race

FTFY

I see you use statistics to justify making fun of someone for their race. Sorry for calling you a brainlet, my bad.

He does understand statistics. Studies show that racists of all races are the biggest brainlets out there. It's a fact.

Look at these mental gymnastics, everyone. They can't accept reality, so they resort to ad hominem.

L O W I Q
O
W
I
Q

>posts a picture blatantly mocking a mathematician because she's black
>complains about ad hominems
Really makes me think...

Then why are jews so smart?

I didn't post that. I just took issue with your "racism is a sign of brainletism" statement. I think the opposite is the case. Of course, we can always judge people on an individual basis, but understanding that they are more criminal and less intelligent (on average) is good to know. If she is an outlier, good for her.

>Girl Gamer
>Learn to cook on your DS!
wtf I love Nintendo now

But I do agree that attacking someone solely based on their race is tasteless. But she wrote "social justice," in her interests, so you know she makes a habit out of blaming whitey for her problems.

Look at the mental gymnastics everyone he can't accept that racists objectively have low IQs based on statistically evidence. He can't accept reality, so they resort to ad hominem.
LOWIQ
O
W
I
Q
(Not ad hominem by the way studies show racists legitimately have low iq scores.

Unironically yes

/thread

It requires a high IQ and very particular mindset (in other words non-emotional based thinking). Women generally don't have that combo.
Women like to blame low involvement of stem on work/school environment but honestly if THATS what keeps anyone from studying something then they weren't going to stick with it to begin with (also I don't see anything anti-woman in stem, if anything I see the opposite)