Al/ck/

Can we start a non faggot al/ck/ thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM
youtube.com/watch?v=9otg_Cm50RE
youtube.com/watch?v=M6rrTROoZIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Been drinking my vodka since 10:00am, jack shit to do today making a struggle meal of brown rice and canned soup for lunch. What's up with fellow al/ck/s?

Or is this shit just dead because of shitposting and raids?

this will be my seventh day in a row without drinking. Longest I've gone in 3 years. I'm kinda curious to see if my life will improve. I miss drinking so much already

'Grats on your sobriety. I went a few days but couldn't stop shaking. I guess I didn't taper well enough. No seizures, though. You been doin' alright? The anhedonia is what gets me the worst.

no seizures or anything serious. i was insomnia for the first half of the week. now im exhausted and sleep almost 12 hours/day. anhedonia/boredom usually hits and makes me start again. Im trying to think a bit more long term and just experimenting with the idea of being sober, just checking it out, I can always go back to being a drunk

Has anyone here tried this? I'm wondering if it's worth getting for someone who hasn't tried that many bitter alcohols

I fell for the Jack Daniels Meme, I hated it.
It was too sweet and tasted like corn.
I ended up throwing half the bottle over the fence into the field where the neighborhood mormon kids play.
Hopefully they find it and become alcoholic

We said no faggots

>tfw drank 17 beers last night and some jack
>blacked out and bought a more expensive cable package
>alcohol budget just went down by 90 dollars a month

God damn

Anyone else given up on having a gf?

Stale pasta

i'm sucking on a bottle of moonshine watching fargo s2 boyim

Yeah. I'm too anxious all the time and hate myself

Yup, Me too. Both of those things, Hate myself and I'm too anxious to even speak to ugly women.

I just hire sex workers about once every 5 months to keep me sane

There's more to life than having a significant other but we are made to be with and care for women. People cope with worse I suppose.

At least we'll never be cheated on, divorces or pay alimony.

That's true. Or have kids...

My brothers life is ruined because he had 2 kids back to back. Guy literally works every moment of every day and now he's stuck with the kids mother because he doesn't want to do the joint custody thing and confuse his kids.

I feel so fucking bad for him. Guy hasn't slept longer then 8 hours or had 1 day off in probably years.

I ALMOST got married when I was 24, I'm so fucking glad I didn't. That woman turned out to be nuts after we broke up anyway, She is in prison now.

tatratea 52 is delicious

tatratea citrus is disgusting

I would consider joining an intensive outpatient program. They last a month and aren't like gay AA meetings

Lol. Women can be fun but most of the time in between sex sucks and is more work than anything else.

Also true.

But at the same time having a woman who is truly in love with you and looks at you like you are God is an amazing feeling.

All I ever wanted in my life was a real ride or die chick, I finally got one years ago and fucked it up by cheating on her half a dozen times openly.

Gonna have a couple beers to give me a jolt. Going to see bladerunner in an hour and a half

Beer and wine since about 7 am today, awake since 3 am. Puked a couple hours ago but had a full dinner now.

What is even the point of posting this in every thread. Fuck off, I'm really serious.

Gin!

I haven't given up but I honestly never seriously consider it anymore. I just don't feel anything.

Can someone explain to me why everyone on earth wants to continue their bloodline? Honestly you're saving lives to not have children.

You didn't want her at all or gave a shit about anything if you cheated that many times.

I fell for the Jack Daniels Meme, I hated it.
It was too sweet and tasted like corn.
I ended up throwing half the bottle over the fence into the field where the neighborhood mormon kids play.
Hopefully they find it and become alcoholic

This desu. I've been broken emotionally for years.

At this point I don't want to find someone because I know I wouldn't be able to offer anything.

deferring existential crisis

best vodka

Yeah it sucks. I've worked jobs before but I just hate it. I'll work again but it seems so unlikely I'll find something I like doing that will lead somewhere. I don't want to use my degree, completely disillusioned with it and I never wanted to be a teacher.

What is this, the 90s? RS or bust. Or make your own.

I had an existential crisis at 19 and 20 and now 7 years later I purposefully don't want to bring another life into this world. I'm not saying never, but I really doubt I would anyway at this point.
People in the world have to fuck up so many things and so many other lives just to try to feel good about themselves and justify their existence when nothing really means anything.

>*burp*

I've already had 2 and hooked up with some others. I'm a fucking idiot honestly.

Cleanest vodka is homemade vodka.

Now listen to some Patty Smyth.

After drinking Russian standard for a couple years, I recently tried Stoli again (which was my go to vodka before) and to be honest it's not that great. RS is incredible. I usually try to keep a bottle in my freezer.

Oh sorry.. youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM

Ok.
Back to /tv/.

they don't sell russian standard where I live unfortunately, and I've never tried it.
>tfw VA fag

I suggest youtube.com/watch?v=9otg_Cm50RE

youtube.com/watch?v=M6rrTROoZIw

I have 200 glass bottles of RS here. I just started making my own.

I would make my own but I don't have homeowners insurance if things go south

I couldn't burn my house down if I tried. Electric heating is very safe. It's like a coffee maker. They'll fail once every 20k tries. If you were using propane, I get it.

I want to get into homebrewing, but I don't even know where to begin. It's like rocket science.

Pretend you're canning tomatoes. That's about how dangerous it is. You're working with 1 atmosphere of pressure in an 8 gallon pot that gives you either 65% spirit or 94% spirit. entirely away from the heat source.

It's not. It's pretty simple when you learn the basicis. I laid these down sept 9th, and I'm drinking off them now. Not even 1/4th through them and they cost me about 120 bucks total. And I drink like a fish.

I'm the 'birdwatchers guy'

115L of water
30Kg Sugar
1326ml tomato paste (8.5cans)
5tsp Citric Acid
380g Yeast
1 tsp Epsom salt
2 campden tablets in water

>theater is fucking packed

fuck off

ive thought about this as well. thinking back i drank when i was a teenager on friday or saturday night when i was fucking around with my buddies but i was never hungover.

from like 18-25 or 26 i barely drank at all. i can barely remember ever even buying booze back then much less really being drunk unless it was a special function like a work dinner or something. but even then it was like on the weekend or something.

unfortunately ive slipped into a habit of drinking really fucking hard friday and saturday, being insomniac on sunday night and feeling dead on monday. feeling good on tuesday because i didnt drink on monday, drinking on tuesday and staying up way too late and being hungover. then feeling like shit wednesday, not drinking thursday and then back to hard pounding friday and saturday.

the problem is i just cant stop until im like, hammered. so ill go out and have a nice dinner with the gf and have a few drinks, then when we get home i start pounding beers until im incoherent and i stay up hours past when she falls asleep. or ill start playing vidya and crack a beer and keep drinking until i can barely play and keep dying because my coordination is shot. the problem is when i stop, unless i go straight to bed, i start feeling sick almost immediately and get a headache and feel sore. this totally destroys my productivity. when i was in my non drinking phase i would go on bike rides, go shooting in the swamp, dirt bike all kinds of shit. now i just sit around hungover all fuckin day and miserable.

the other problem is the gf isnt the most supportive of not drinking & generally is content to sit around and do nothing on the weekends, minus going out and... drinking at night.

about 6 weeks sober now and just going to keep going. I miss being drunk all the time and think about buying alcohol. Idk... like today I was thinking about how I was in the hospital after having a seizure and all the doctors and nurses taking care of me. It was nice and they want me to fix my alcohol problems because if I start drinking again I know I'll end up in the hospital again ..

I got
Red and white vermouth
Campari
Gin
Absinthe
Jameson
Grapefruit bitters
Prosecco
Brut Champagne
Need help making a kickass cocktail with absinthe

also I could tell drinking was killing me but since I have have this weird romance with the idea of me dying ... it's like "good at least I'm drunk and going to die" but really I can see where I'm hurting others when i am drunk. Struggling with life things while being sick and drunk sucks.

Had dental surgery so I am off of most solid food for fucking six months.

Can I get proper nutrients from drinking?

I know that it depends from person to person, but how often do you think can a skelly bingedrink per week without becoming physically dependant. I don't want brain damage ;_;

Physical dependency isn't an issue, however the mental dependency will stay with you a lifetime.
You also can do more damage to your body by binge drinking then stopping completely.
If you have the will power 2 days on, 3 days off, even better if you can be a weekend warrior and just stick to boozing on fri/sat.
But then you will start boozing on Sunday because why not, your hungover, bored and nothing to do.
Then dealing with a hangover on Monday, becomes a problem so why not top up on a Monday, maybe you make it through Tuesday, but the alcohol has never left your system completely, Wednesday you are dehydrated so you drink on the evening, fast forward a few months and you are drinking 5 days a week and differentiate between drinking and getting drunk, and you find out all the neat little tricks, like slamming shots and not eating :))))))

Pretty sure you have a week to cancel a contract.
Also
> Year One of Trump
>Paying for cable
LOL Grandpa

keep your intake under 20 drinks a week and you'll be fine physically

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind
Fuck, that described me perfectly. I even considered drinking during lectures. There's just something about alcohol that keeps pulling me back

You guys have it hard. Drinking a cup or two of wine per day is pretty good, but going entire bottles must suck. How do you guys sustain yourselves?

Haven't had one for 7 years. Feel like I have nothing to offer so don't even try. Actually I don't even meet anyone to try. I haven't met anyone new in like 5 years. The few people I have left in my social circle I see maybe once or twice a year. The girls I know are all married or someone I wouldn't want to be with. I really just live a pretty lonely existence.
Trying to quit drinking heavily, aiming for occasional beers. 3rd day without spirits. God life is boring. Feel like I need beer or something.

Prepare for some in-your-face whisky product placement.

>but going entire bottles must suck. How do you guys sustain yourselves?

Financially, nutritionally or emotionally?

yes

20 drinks isn't even a good drunk
>t;alcoholic

>Financially
I live alone, have no children, no social life, no hobbies or greater pursuits. I travel once every two years or so. I have plenty of money to waste on booze.
>nutritionally
My diet is abysmal. It's usually toast first thing for the day then booze up until about the bottle is gone then I'll get takeout delivered or cook something unhealthy. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I was heavily nutrient deficient.
>emotionally?
I drink to forget. The only real emotional toll is I feel like a failure when I'm not drunk and I occasionally wake up feeling like absolute shit. I guess alcohol keeps me in this prison of failure but it allows me to forget about that so I keep using it. Vicious cycle.
I'm trying to quit now though. Haven't gone longer than 4 days without spirits since I can't remember when.

guys im drunk

Sounds nice

>Champagne
>Absinthe
Make a death in the afternoon.
Post pics for my entertainment.

>vermouth
>Campari
>Gin
Also make a negroni

I feel it

I did 10 years of binge drinking on Friday + Saturday, never leaking into Sunday or the rest of the week. However, my hangovers just got worse and worse, always multiple day... so I stopped for a bit. :/

Congrats user. I'm on the way too. MarĂ­a fucked us up and our infrastructure is shit. Down one and a half bottles of wine while reading Spice and Wolf LNs, it has been fun.

Taper Off vs Cold Turkey?

Which is best and why?

option C
keep drinking

What's that some linguine?

What the fuck does it take to find a decent bottle of rakija outside of the balkans?
Same.

holy shit Blade Runner 2049 was SHIT

basically planet of the apes: cyberpunk edition

In an ideal world but I need to get my life together and I can't do it if I'm drinking myself blackout drunk every night.

shes so qt
name?

ana de armas

she's painfully beautiful and a supporting actor in the Blade Runner sequel.

I just got done working 12 days, 11-12 hours per day. The biggest stress for me was how I was going to get booze each day since I didn't have a free day to reload. Here I am now with 2 days off. I just spent 800 dollars at liquor barn rebuilding my bourbon shelf and getting enough for the next 2 days without having to drive.

The only food Ive had in the last 2 days in a few scrambled eggs. I think in a couple of hours I may put in a frozen pizza.

I am really just waiting for a few more years to go by, so I can pay off my house and cash in my 401k and drink it all away.

>$800 on booze
>For 2 days

You "win" al/ck/.

First date in 5 years out of the blue via tinder lastnight with a cute flip girl with an engineering degree (this right here probably put her out of my league.)
Was very hard hiding my powerlevel even though I was "sober" because I drove (didn't tell her I drank two longies before picking her up, though they should have mostly worn off by then.)
Luckily I have been tapering this week otherwise I probably would have definitely been too long gone to drive by that point.
Shit went a lot better than I expected and if I didn't have work tomorrow and didn't drive she seemed quite keen on staying out.
Sadly she is going to America for 3 weeks so despite having her number and her vaguely suggesting keeping in touch I'll probably never see her again.
Such is life, at-least I was distracted by my oneitis for a day. Time to drink.

Hey look a not shit al/ck/ thread.
There is a god and he doesn't completely hate me.

>There is a god and he doesn't completely hate me.

I wouldn't be using al/ck/ as definitive proof one way or the other.

Whats your daily drink?
You can't taper with vodka.

Have a banana.

don't racemix you fucking idiot

do you want to have a little elliot rodger of your own?

Wild Turkey.

I've gone the taper with beer.

who /kilju/ here? just brewing a new bucket of the good stuff, then once I strain it imma chop up some mango lemon and sugar and let it steep up all the fruity goodness, mmmmmm, i cant wait to get shitfaced on this

So why don't y'all, you know, um... Quit? I just drank out of boredom but then I counted my bottles and crunched the numbers and realized I was a pretty proper alcoholic for a bit over a year so I stopped cold turkey along with nicotine. A few weeks are horrible but then it's mostly over and any residual suffering is irrelevant anyway because there's currently no legal treatment.

You telling yourself how hard it is probably makes it 200 times harder.

anyone ever made their own grappa? looking for some tips

I'm sorry but there is nothing 'romantic' or glamorous about dying of slow organ failure. Your hair falls out. You swell up so bad it hurts to walk. Fluid buildup in the stomach hurts so bad. You look like literal gaunt death. Testosterone plummets or something because where you are going you aren't going to need it so you can't even be fucked cranking one out. Do you guys honestly think that one day you'll just peacefully die from alcoholism? literally lmaoing @ ur lives

>t. liver and kidneys failed twice

an orchard and a potstill

Who hungover over here?

>Ate a fuckton of beetroot last night
>drank alot
>forgot i ate beetroot
>take a piss this morning

"IM PISSING BLOOD!"

OP here aka, 1.75l boi.
Yesterday I started tapering, I missed recycle this week so I have two weeks worth of bottles cluttering up my house but I did clean up the place quite a bit.
I've got two handles and am planning on taking it pretty easy and just sticking to beer when I go out with friends. Let's see how this goes.