STEM to STEAM

Literally why? What is the point of this, it's not useful at all and gets rid of the relationship between the subjects in STEM.

STEAM. So... everything?

>Art is related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math

No reason beyond boosting the self esteem of artists. They're seen as undesirable in the job market, therefore the job market and values of employers must change to accommodate them. As someone who works as a receptionist for the art department on campus, it really isn't difficult to see why art majors are ridiculed the way they are. The entire building is just one big hugbox populated with brainlets.
Just wait until it becomes "SHTREAMBEEN" (Science, Humanities, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, Mathemetics, Business, Economics, Education, Non-collegiates).
It'll happen. Mark my words.

Somebody wants to sign somebody's else stuff again.

Art can be related. You can study the relation, but this is bullshit.

Look at that arrow, that's how they understand human eye recognition science,.

I'll let the admins know.

>I file reports on Veeky Forums

>Economics
>not already included in math

Reported

>What is the point of this
STEM has been oppressing the arts since its inception. High time we put an end to its hegemony.

I can safely say people who study STEM now STEAM have a intellect usually not higher than 160 sd15 meaning they are unable to make ANY CREATIVE CONNECTIONS meaning thats why they work as engineers and higher level technicians at firms using stuff others alresy processed out theyr asses. They are what youd call heavy calvary but the general or fieldmarshall is still far more effective than heavy calvary since he is the one controlngi it.

People in the level i described dont realise that art is just as mathemathical as math and math is just as artistic as art thatswhy they condem evrything that doesnt suit theyr prefixed agenda of ego.

not english so idc.

>Just wait until it becomes "SHTREAMBEEN" (Science, Humanities, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, Mathemetics, Business, Economics, Education, Non-collegiates).
>It'll happen. Mark my words.
It has already started.

I think the STEAM thing is way overblown, it's basically just a scheme to get enginering grads to be more creative because that is all we have over the machines.

engineer here

it's the physicists' fault for all their fancy bullshit popsci garbage television shows

not even lying

>STEM
Sociology
Theatre
Environmental Science
Music

You mean Bill Nye, Morgan Freeman, NGT, and Michio Kaku, two of whom are not physicists.

Build a hydroelectric dam accounting for the local geography and geology: not creative.
Smearing period blood over your face while screaming about acorns: height of creativity
No thanks. Engineers are doing just fine. We don't need bridges that fall down once a month because of cramps.

Ok, and Brian Greene.

Speaking as someone majoring in technical art, the STE((a))M meme is for brainlets. Art has no place alongside the sciences in terms of importance to humanity and in terms of utility

I agree, art is far more important to humanity than the sciences.

Not even close. I love art and making art, but its not as important to humanity as science and mathematics

>STEM + Art = STEAM
A=Art
S*T*E*M+A =/= S*T*E*A*M

Isn't it STEADM

Science
Engineering
Martial Arts
Etch -a- sketching
Nigerian scams

Pf, go read Kaczynski, technocrat scum.

I hate those fuckers who try to make this a thing. Its the mindset behind it that drives me fucking furious. STEM reached the prestige it gets because of the focus on utility and practicality. The right mindset going into it is basically: git gud.
The people behind this shit dont focus on excellence and practicality. Though they shouldnt anyway because art isnt about that. The mindset is the same as that of that piece of shit kid everyone hated back in kindergarden: Losing the game? Make up some bullshit rule out of nowhere that puts you ahead.

"And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for"

That pretty much means "technical fields and artistic fields are completely different categories of human endeavour", and thus why art as an area of study doesn't belong in STEM.

actual fucking brainlet detected jesus christ

Take those four (five) away and pop-sci is dead. If you disagree feel free to make an argument but try your best not to rely on wojak memes to make your point for you.

Good art and humanities fags need to btfo from uni altogether fuck them and fuck their gen ed bullshit they make STEM people go through, neck yourself nigger.

Kek, not a lot going on upstairs in this one.

Gen eds, and humanities are worthless and the only reason colleges force people to take (((gen eds))) is cuz of cultural marxism and to artificially inflate numbers in the humanities to make the unis seem more well rounded than they are for perspective freshman. Anyone with an IQ above 80 knows a degree from humanities is worth less than the toilet paper I use to wipe my ass with, prove me wrong you fucking retard.

you'd think a board complaining constantly about how bad employment prospects in STEM are wouldn't be so anxious to push more kids towards these fields. art grads have marketable skills and are exposed to something resembling real work in college, calling it STEAM is a little retarded but no worse than selling an entire generation the idea that STEM education is some kind of golden ticket

colleges force people to take gen ed because of the accreditation process

If you aren't an idiot you go for the E and T, basically a CS degree or an EE one and you're set, even an applied maths degree can work. Although Veeky Forums seems to have a hate boner for CS too because we are making 6 figures while they are working on their phds in chem and physics to even come close to our BS salary, kek.

I never denied any of that, but your continued emotional rambling leads me to say:
>Kek, not a lot going on upstairs in this one

there's a thread up right now about " who fell for the engineering meme"

(((Accreditation))), kek so tell me again why European universities like Oxford or Cambridge don't give a fuck about it and are some of the best unis in the world?

you misunderstand, I'm not saying it's good, I'm saying it's bullshit to blame "cultural marxism"
this stuff originates with the concept of liberal arts education

I've seen this before.

First it was LGB-community
Then it was the LGBT-community
And then all of a sudden it was LGBTQ-community.
Today, it's LGBTQQIAAP. Yes, it's LGBTQQIAAP.
L = Lesbian
G = Gay
B = Bisexual
T = Transgender
Q = Queer
Q = Questioning
I = Intersex
A = Allies
A = Asexual
P = Pansexual

Come on guys, it's so obvious. We can't discriminate and not be INCLUSIVE and include the arts students. I promise, it'll only be arts students. The gender studying folks, and the womens studying folks have will not be included. As of right now.

Kill me now.

so you're gay?

I'm pansexual. Gender fluid.

Or I just hate progressiveness.

Show me the proof.

Oxford and Cambridge are based.
Brexit was the right thing to do.
France, Germany and Sweden are cucked.
UK is based.

Unironically, Hans and swedes shouldn't be allowed in the ethnostates. Idk about french yet Macron is okay minus the anti-crypto stance, UK needs to get the sand niggers out too. Us slavs are the only ones who aren't cucked by (((multi-culturalism)))

>LGBTQQIAAP
No 'F'? Guess everyone hates Furries.

>LGBTBRAAAAAAPSNIFFSNIFF community

My university offers a degree in Digital Humanities.
It's basically Computer Science if it was a humanities.
This is a good example of a STEAM degree.

SHEAT = Social sciences, Humanities, Education, Arts and Theology

SHIT = Social sciences, Humanities, Ignorance and Theology

Technology
Internet
Theology
Tornado chasing
India
Economics
Solipsism

SPERG
Science
Polyamory
Esperanto
Gay

forgot the R retard

Little bit of an ego going there buddy

>announcing reports

That's apparently what it stood for, it seems

What the fuck is wrong with you newfags quoting posts like this? It looks retarded.

These are the hosts of the shows. The content is largely unrelated to the hosts.

>Literally why?
Women and Jews

How gives a shit? It's a fucking acronym that has nothing to do with the fields.
It's literally a public relations campaign for higher education, anyone who uses it that isn't in education administration and recruitment is an idiot that probably isn't good enough for science art or math in the first place.

Can't wait to insult Americans on Veeky Forums when they start using 'STEAM'.