Do you think geniuses like Einstein view the rest of society as retards? The same way we view people with downs syndrome

Do you think geniuses like Einstein view the rest of society as retards? The same way we view people with downs syndrome

Other urls found in this thread:

pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teaching/HPS_0410/chapters/Special_relativity_rel_sim/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No geniuses are like Einstein. He is so above everyone.

It's the type of genius who views the rest of the geniuses as retards.

No.
Einstein knew his limits.
He wasn't a terrifically good mathematician. I don't mean that he couldn't figure his own taxes.
He was still struggling to correct problems in General Relativity even as he gave a series of weekly lectures on the subject. He was scared silly that Hilbert, a REALLY good mathematician, would beat him to the punch and get all the credit.
Einstein finished first, but his procedure was awkward and clunky and no one does it that way anymore. Everyone uses Hilbert's superior derivation.
Hilbert didn't try to steal credit. The key insights were Einstein's.

Incidentally, when Einstein was offered a cushy spot at the Institute for Advanced Study, he insisted they hire his "personal" mathematician as well.
"But Mr Einstein, there's no money for that in the budget."
"Fine. Take it out of MY salary."
He didn't need all that money and he DID need someone knew more math than he did.

Let me explain to you how i view the world (i view myself as insufficent ) but compared to the rest of average or exceptionaly above average individuals im highly competent well thats what i have observed so far. Ill describe how i view and act twaords them and i expect einstein did something similar.

I view and act equally to evryone at the start (except close asociates) and after i have read a person comepletely (usually done within the first 3 mins) i modify my aproach to him suited to his level. I dont view anyone as totaly retarded individual as i precieve its not/maby it is theyr fault for being mentaly unable to reach certain conclusions. I do clasify them in my hierhy of cometentness and maby give a few thoughts of pitty to them for they are not as observan and perceptive as higher level individuals. I also generally ignore the gossip around people (i do mine info that way ofcourse but i take it with a bag of salt) and anny titles they have (genious, good at math or whatever) and come up with my own conclusions after i talk to that person. I have a different aproach twaords individuals as i usually ignore them and keep my thoughts to myself only when they come to me do all of that or if someone is specificaly interesting.

Einstein was known to be a arrogant asshole privately. You just read and believe meme quotes because you are dumb.

That said, nearly everyone as smart as him is the same way, and if was a good scientist, if overrated thanks to Jewish media writers.

>view the rest of society as retards
everyone does this regardless of IQ or achievements. the secret is to recognize your own faults and limitations and when others fuck up, you forgive them just like you expect others to forgive you when you make mistakes.

Pretty much this. Identifying your own cognitive bias and working on your blind spots is the thing that makes one wise.

Someone else would have discovered Special Relativity within a few years. The right equations were already known (Lorentz & Fitzgerald) but they mis-understood. It was a conceptual leap to do away with the aether, and they couldn't do it. They were trying to preserve it and explain Michelson's null-result.
General Relativity was genius.

I haven't heard anyone else call him an "asshole". He was stubborn in his refusal to entirely accept Quantum Mechanics and he shot down notions of other physicists -- though he did apologize in public when he turned out to be wrong.
Oh, there WAS one person who thought he was an asshole. His first wife.

Shut the fuck up about "jewish media writers" and talk to some real physicists.
What is with this board???

>view the rest of society as retards
That was Newton. HE was an asshole.
You must know guys who are convinced they're ALWAYS right.
Imagine how insufferable they'd be if they always were.
Newton was touchy, vindictive, and not above slandering anyone he thought might be a rival.

The more I learn about newton's personal life and history the more I'm convinced he was the original turbo-autist. If he were alive today he'd have a trip and spam every single thread with all caps walls of text.

You don't have to live this way user.

whats your plan egg head? do tell.

My plan was to inform you of the existence of the backspace key.

My plan was for you to realise that eventhough you meant something this does not mean that the other party will implement it due to the lense called subjectivity.

>existence of the backspace key
Weak b8. There's literally zero falsifiable evidence for it's existing. Wait don't tell me, you believe in big foot too.

It was only intended as a suggestion. People value good presentation whether you like it or not, and often regardless of whether it helps them understand what you're trying to say.

>and he shot down notions of other physicists
"You're wrong unless you prove me wrong" is the definition of arrogance. Stop trying to make Einstein into someone he wasn't. Poincare was the same way and no one cares about saying he was arrogant. Einstein in particular has a mythology surrounding him that is false.

This mythology is due to the Jewish media at the time. That is just true. Why is that uncomfortable to say?

Do you know what the "in" thing is to say about Einstein? That he was a fraud, which is slanderously not true, but that is the expected reaction of feeding the public bullshit about a man for 90 years.

wow good thread

Einstein.
Failed all college entrance exams taken.
3rd class patent clerk.
Rose to the dizzying heights of 2nd class patent clerk.

That guy. You think that guy is a genius.

Alternative theory: Using his position in the patent office, Einstein stole papers from Poincare, Maxwell, Lorentz, Larmor, De Pretto, Brown, Gibbs, Boltzmann, Thomson, Kaufman, Hasenohrl, Hertz, Planck and Leanard.

Evidence: All of those men came up with literally everything Einstein ever published, prior to Einstein publishing it.

And Einstein could not even explain "his own" theories, hence the dreams and the horses riding on beams of light.

If you believe Einstein is a genius, you are an idiot.

Einstein stole the majority of his general relativity theory from Grossman, Hilbert and Klein.

Hilbert published before Einstein did, and actually sent Einstein a copy of his publication two weeks prior to publishing. It contained the correct field equations of general relativity.

Hilbert wrote basically the exact same paper, with the same conclusions, before Einstein did. Einstein would have had an opportunity to know of Hilbert's work all along, because there were friends of his working for Hilbert. Yet, even this was not necessary, for Einstein had seen Hilbert's paper in advance of publishing his own. Both of these papers were, before being printed, delivered in the form of a lecture.

Einstein presented his paper on November 25, 1915 in Berlin and Hilbert had presented his paper on November 20 in Göttingen. On November 18, Hilbert received a letter from Einstein thanking him for sending him a draft of the treatise Hilbert was to deliver on the 20th. So, in fact, Hilbert had sent a copy of his work at least two weeks in advance to Einstein before either of the two men delivered their lectures, but Einstein did not send Hilbert an advance copy of his.

If General Relativity is the work of a genius, then it is not the work of Albert Einstein.

>Retards

More like plant life user.

You guys are all stupid.

Einstein wasn't the smartest person of all time, and he didn't even view himself as smart. He said that he simply had a passion and creativity and no special talents. He also thought a lot and was willing to not be lazy unlike you all.

It's just a matter of dedication, and your ability to set aside norms.

>It's just a matter of dedication, and your ability to set aside norms.
kek
yes, we all have a hidden Einstein in all of us
just try harder, fellas

He published over 400 papers in his life. You don't do that by being a total fraud.

>replying to the far right shills
just report and ignore

It involves thinking outside of the box.

Einstein proved that "simultaneous" is only relative depending on who is viewing it. Two things cannot objectively happen at the same time, because the time that they happen depends on the viewer.

Do you understand how he got to this conclusion? By thinking outside of the box.

The only way to be smart is to realize that you might be wrong about everything and work from the ground up to find the truth based on only facts and not common sense. Because common sense was at one point that electromagnetism had nothing to do with light, until they found out that electromagnetic waves exist, and the calculated speed of EM waves seemed very familiar to something they'd already seen, and they made the connection.

You just need to learn how to make connections. A high IQ isn't useful if you don't spend time working and thinking a lot by the way. I don't care what you say about this but I'm unironically smarter than all of you, but if I don't think about something enough I'd never figure it out. And I mean, I'm seriously smarter than all of you.

>Two things cannot objectively happen at the same time
Wait, wait, wait, no one actually thinks this, right?

I'm talking about special relativity and inertial reference frames. You should already know what I'm talking about anyways you troll:

pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teaching/HPS_0410/chapters/Special_relativity_rel_sim/index.html

I'm giving you the chance to clarify your phrasing BUT I'LL GIVE YOU ONE MORE NOW GO

this is this most inane thing I have read this week
you probably read Malcolm Gladwell books
do the world a favor and don't procreate

...But my phrasing was right though.

Objectively means without a possible valid argument against.

And because of relative simultaneousness, no two things can happen at the same time to all observers.

You just don't know what the word objectively means. Use the word absolute instead then.

>I'm seriously smarter than all of you.
I don't see how you could possibly know who posts here. This is an anonymous board. Fuck, Witten could be trolling you right now.

You just don't understand anything about science. What field of research do you do in physics?

No possible way anyone here.

trolls these days are so boring

Yes you are boring.

>Objective - not dependent on the mind for existence
You should not be using this word if you want to talk about a phenomenon that only arises through the need to rely on light as a medium of information.

I guess that you could say that. It really does take a lot of patience to deal with most people.

But it doesn't rely on light. Therefore you don't understand it.

He is trolling.

shh i was trying to prove that i was smarter than everyone here

Actually now I think he is right. I'm surprised, I didn't know relativity of simultaneity was actually a metaphysical claim.

It's one of Einstein's three major points in his thing.

I feel like no one else here actually knows anything about science, at least you understand one thing now user.

No, and this isn't science related. delete this.

This is a joke, right?
checks to see
>namefag

... never mind

No two observers can observe the same things occurring simultaneously, but that does not mean:
"Two things cannot objectively happen at the same time, because the time that they happen depends on the viewer."

Since we understand relativity and know the speed of light, we can adjust our observations. After adjusting our observations, we can determine two events occured at the same time, even though we observe them occuring at different times. And advanced civilization on Alpha Centari with knowledge of relativity would determine that those two same events were also simultaneously.

What we can't do is communicate this information between observers.

>Do you think geniuses like Einstein view the rest of society as retards?
Physicists see the Engineers as retards

Engineers see Liberal Arts SJWs as retards

Liberal Arts SJWs say that feelings are more important than logical reasoning

So you're saying that I'm right?

I'm saying your wording is in fact wrong.

Special Relativity keeps a set time line in tact. So, yes, technically speaking, things can occur at the same time. You said they couldn't. But, with knowledge of the speed of light, two intelligent observers will always agree on what events occured simulaneously, which is basically objectivity.

Einstein did not always word things the best way.

This holds for all observers, regardless of speed. Let's look at the famous twin paradox with one that travels around the solar system at a fraction of the speed of light. The twins will be different ages when they meet again. However, if one twin ascertained two stars imploded at the same time (adjusting for the speed of light), the other twin would have ascertained the same star implosions were also simultaneous.

So, no your wording is wrong. Objectively.

They do and they probably lament having to put a polite mask on so as not to insult the plebs. Just look at Einstein's eyes. He doesn't care about you. His mustache hides his grimace.

Physicists see the Engineers as retards
Engineers see Liberal Arts SJWs as retards
Liberal Arts SJWs see Flat Earthers as retards
Flat Earthers are retards.

My IQ is very high (140) but I don't think of people with average IQs as being like monkeys, though I do get a sort of unsettling nasty feeling when I'm around them. I really can't help this; it isn't a result of any psychological bias since I'm not aware of the person's IQ until they tell me. I think there's just too much unfamiliarity, it really gives me the creeps. I find that all of this disappears as the other person's IQ increases.