>LEFTISTS are bullying me
>our revolution is good cause we do not want to create new society
>all revolutions only destroyed old societies
should get more life sentences

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/225468.Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future
arxiv.org/pdf/math/0511366.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dude, it's by a failed stemfag former child prodigy who couldn't produce any work of value in his own specialty so he thought he could just dabble in humanities and social science, the worst of dilettantism.

Of course I know, but it is not even worth reading as some edgy internet literature.
goodreads.com/book/show/225468.Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future
And fucking 3.8 on goodreads, people who never read any political work are liking him and think he makes good points.

Just read Marx/Evola/even fucking Mises or any actual political writer.

I think that a significant factor in its quality is that he was writing for mainstream readers who hadn't read the complete works of Jacques Ellul ten times over. It gets the point across okay.

Nonetheless shitty points.

I wouldn't dismiss Ellul's ideas after only reading them as filtered through such a diseased and disordered mind. Try The Technological Society.

>I didn't expect to be exposed as a brainlet cuckold
ftfy

Since this bait will probably end up getting a bunch of replies I'll post this here:
Does anyone have any recommendations for Luddite/Neoluddite literature beyond Ellul?

Kringecynski is more difficult to read than Ellul. There's no way some normie would finish The Manifesto. To say that Kringecynski = Ellul is absolutely wrong. Ted Kek's 1971 essay, (the one his brother had read and recognized the similarities), is more Ellul and it's actually readable and not bad.

His manifesto and later writings are junk. Lots of weak philosophy tacked on (muh power process) with delusions of revolution. One of the most disappointing and regretful purchases I've ever made.

His 1971 essay is the only thing he wrote that is worthwhile.

Kringecysnki is only interesting as a cultural phenomenon. His own ideas are shit and wrong.

Mumford came before Ellul. He's decent. Heidegger wrote some good stuff on technology but overall I'm not a big fan of him. Virilio is sort of going post-Ellul. He's a little different and more clearly pessimistic.

And of course, the king himself, Pynchon.

A-And Kirkpatrick Sale and Zerzan. And Rousseau too.

well, that was just mine opinion, still that was the biggest thing that anti-technological movmeent did.

>AND IT'S FUTURE

Not entirely luddite but Ivan Illych is excellent. He doesn't propose going backwards is the difference though, he'd just prefer we all think more intelligently when it comes to moving forward.

>purchases
>buying the manifesto
Are you sure you aren't the stupid one?

And he had the wave of meme-controversy surrounding his bombings to get normalfaggots to read his work. Even if they didn't finish or process it he at least managed to get his ideas into the minds of millions of people who would otherwise never think along those lines once in their lives.

AND IT IS FUTURE

op confirmed for oversocialized coward

just call me evil jewish collectivist for fucks sake lets unite with machines

> reading a pdf of luddite philosophy

It's a nice edition but the content is crap. At least it wasn't my own money.

Ted Kekzysnki had delusions of grandeur and was a dick to everyone who tried to help him out.

Skrbina is the only guy who gives a shit about publishing his dumb rants and Ted just insults the formatting and cover of the book. Complains that there's errors in the book but he's "too busy" to look at them. He was a dick to Zerzan as well.

Someone show me how Kek was anything more than a machine. His bombs were autistic anti-human machines. He put himself out there and then got locked up for it. Kek is nothing but another cog in the megamachines he claimed to be resisting.

I would be happy he's in prison but unfortunately he can still write and publish from jail. His biggest crime is his writing. It's terrible.

>delusions of grandeur
debatable. I think that he was serious when he said that after the manifesto was published he just planned on being a hermit for the rest of his life. Knowing that it got published might have made his penor feel big but from what I've read of him it sounds more like he hates himself and is too powerfully autistic to even comprehend the appreciation and respect of other human beings, let alone crave it.
>is a dick to everyone
At least he has the decency to confine himself to a cabin in the woods. And he was supposedly polite when he went into town to buy toilet paper and more paperbacks. He was definitely an unpleasant autist before going hermit but the fact that he did shows a lot of self-awareness and respect for everyone around him, in an incredibly autistic way of course.
>anything more than a machine
deep level: 512deep1024me
>His bombs were autistic anti-human machines
yes
>He put himself out there and then got locked up for it
yes
>Kek is nothing but another cog in the megamachines he claimed to be resisting
This isn't a sound line of thinking at all if you're trying to link it into the earlier points. This point could still be made since he still wound up being cucked by the system but 'claimed to be resisting' doesn't sit right with me. If 'Kek' (if you think that's clever please kill yourself) isn't what real resistance to modernity looks like what the hell is?

He has delusions of grandeur for thinking that his lifestyle of hunting rabbits is the only acceptable lifestlye and any other hobby is "weak power process leftist tier." And he's doubly deluded for thinking his revolution wouldn't get co-opted by tech. Truly a retard.

He was a dick to everyone who liked his ideas and wanted to help him.

He's not at all real resistance. He doesn't understand the enemy he thinks he's fighting.

I'm pretty sure he did in fact contribute to the field of mathematics.
And yes "Industrial society and it's future" wasn't great.

To my knowledge Kaczynski's serious mathematical work (everything in pic related with the phrase "boundary functions" attached) has yielded absolutely no citations whatsoever - I exclude from discussion the very limited number of cases where Kaczynski does cite himself. In the entire mathematical literature, Kaczynski's professional work (summarized here) has been cited exactly one time by SOMEONE ELSE(that I know about, and I've checked), in THIS article:

arxiv.org/pdf/math/0511366.pdf

And the topic of discussion (and of the citation) is playing with the digits of numbers, which is not as "serious" a topic as Kaczynski's boundary functions.

The FP is thus a little uncharitable, but certainly not totally off-base, in his swipe at Kaczynski's math career. It isn't quite quite right to say that the work is bereft of value, but it's fair to say that it has not been impactful, as evidenced by the total lack of citations indicated above.

I bought "Can Life Prevail?" recently and was severely dissapointed. Dropped it half way through even though it's a fairly short read. Linkola's Finnish translated to English feels extremely simplistic, and his various anecdotes on Finnish forestry and ecology are just plain dull.

Wouldn't reccomend it.

There's something really sketchy about that Linkola translation, and I wonder how much involvement he actually had in it. I don't know if you looked up the publisher, but they're an uber anti-globalist, right wing publisher, and the introduction they wrote for Linkola's book very obviously tries to frame it within a strain of fascist literature, which is literally just them falling for the "ecofascist" buzzword. I've heard from numerous Finns that the publisher heavily edited Linkola's comments on the September 11th attacks and that the translation is unwieldy and fails to replicate his style of writing.

I can appreciate his pure unfiltered ire at the modern world, but I was also rather let down by that book and can't tell if it was the fault of the translator/publisher.

Yeah these were my exact thoughts. I was a bit confused as to why the publisher was reccomending right wing literature alongside a guy who is advocating for the depopulation of all humans in general, regardless of race.

Whoever translated it probably didn't do Linkola justice. I could relate to his views, but they were very clumsily written.

You sound like the Last Podcast on the Left retards

His solution to the problem isn't workable by his own admission, but I've yet to see a better critique of the left and the social problems that created them

>>people who have hobbies are GODDAMN surrogates
And yet he made a hobby out of living inna woods and bombing people.

What do you expect? The critiques found in this thread so far have barely been able to surpass making juvenile variations on his last name and trying to trivialize his argument by simplifying and CAPITALIZING aspects of it.

>people who have hobbies are GODDAMN surrogates
completely true

>but I've yet to see a better critique of the left and the social problems that created them

Translation: I don't read.

> leftism is caused by their of lack hunting rabbits

really makes you think

Suggest a better one, then

Read Macintyre, Lasch or Pynchon.

I've found lots of good resources through /r/luddite over the years. It's kind of dead as a forum though. For some reason luddites don't post a lot on the internet.

>stemfag
Learn how to recognize NEETs

I used capitalization cause HE used it. This is just a part of his VERY smart way of thinking.

I am leftist and I know a shitton of better critiques of the left that have been created.
For fucks sake, even Dostoyevsky.

what's your home address? i wanna mail you something.

14111 Muholland Drive
McLean, Virginia 22101

haha screeching faggot, grow up or learn to realize what is good

>I am a leftist
>I don't like the critique that says my opinions are just the product of a social sickness that I have no control over

Ted's theory is working correctly

> I like Ted
> I have hobbies
> I think I'm better than leftists

Reminder that unless you're hunting rabbits, you are no better than a leftist in Kek's mind.