Have you ever cooked a meal with peanut butter? What was it and how was it?

Have you ever cooked a meal with peanut butter? What was it and how was it?

peanut-butter as an ingredient in "curry"; curry paste, a spoonfull of peanut butter, some coconut milk, as a sauce to veggies and pho noodles. divine, esp. when you top noodles with salted peanuts

Yes, satay, godly.

Well I love satay stuff, so yes.

I make homemade peanut butter and include it a lot in my recipes. I use it for:
Panang curry (red curry+peanut butter)
Pad Thai
Peanut sauces (pic related)
Smoothies
Dipping bananas
Adding to smoothies
Eating it by itself

"African" peanut butter soup. It's delicious.

Some kind of satay-curry abomination with rice noodles mixed in. It came out really good though.

Made a peanut sauce using peanut butter to go with some ramen once. God awful. I'll admit I probably fucked up rather than blame all peanut sauces, though.

I make peanut butter chicken pretty regularly. I use this instead of normal peanut butter though. Same peanut butter flavor but less fat, blends easier, and easier to control the consistency.

Not cooked with, but fried shrimp is damn good when dipped into warmed peanut butter

I think I'm the only person who makes a mustard and peanut butter combination, goes well with oven baked foods.

I'e never heard of doing that but I can see how it would make sense. Kind of like honey mustard, you're adding the peanut for some sweetness against the mustard.

No i have not because peanuts cause me to pretty much immediately die

Have you tested this fact?

Ghanian Peanut soup.
Its got chicken for the meat and is usually eaten with something called Fufu or sticky rice balls.

Don't use sweetened peanut butter in savory recipes.

Sure. Just the other day I cooked up some chicken strips, added some homemade chilli oil, then some peanut butter and a bit of soy sauce and water. Made a satay sauce kind of thing. Then I just mixed that in with a little bit of brown rice and a lot of baby spinach leaves. Delicious and healthy.

that's a pretty dumb rule since sweet and savory go together

Sure, but that doesn't mean you always want your food to be both sweet and salty.

Would sometimes make "pad thai" in college by making spaghetti noodles and then adding peanut butter and hot sauce.

It was a last-three-bucks-until-payday kinda meal. Not as bad as you'd think.

- peanut butter chicken
- peanut butter shiritaki noodles with chicken and prawns
- sudanese peanut butter fried eggplant
-beef stirfry with a little bit of peanut butter added

it's a fairly versatile ingredient that makes otherwise mediocre dishes taste great. packs on the calories, though.
is there a big texture difference?

this sounds awful but I need to try it

It's even better if you use the peanut butter for a satay sauce.

Pure peanut butter is easy as fuck to make and doesn't need any sugar, salt, or additional oils. I make my own and have used it in some Asian stir fry meals as a sauce.

Most store bought peanut butter is filled with sugar, salt, and has added oils, and I wouldn't use any of that shit in my meals, let alone eat it.

What's your peanut butter recipe?

peanuts

Once I combined it with 2 slices of bread and some grape jelly. God tier.

what else do you put in it?

>peanuts

This.

You don't need anything else. Just add roasted, UNSALTED peanuts to a food processor and blend until it's as smooth as you want. That's it. No need for sugar, salt, or anything else.

It's great for sandwich's and anything else you want.

how to prepare it? what machine are you using? what oils do you add for texture and smoothness?

>how to prepare it
get some peanuts

>what machine are you using
food processor

>what oils do you add for texture and smoothness
You don't need any. If I do decide to make a sweet version, I add a bit of honey and walnut oil, but not very often.

It does kinda need salt.

Nope. It needs none. Peanuts are delicious without salt, as is peanut butter.

You probably just eat a lot of salty foods and are extremely sensitive to low quantities of salt.

I don't disagree that they're delicious without added salt, but getting it up to about 1% sodium by weight helps keep your tastebuds sensitive.

Not if mixed thoroughly, it comes out pretty much identical to normal peanut butter.

Yes. Tonight. It was a minor ingredient in a rice and beans thing.

sometimes i add a glob to my stir fries and its pretty dope.

yes. I add crunchy peanut butter to instant ramen. its great.

>Building pizza
>Use peanut butter instead of tomato sauce
>American cheese, mozzarella, bacon, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, roni, olives
>fucking delicious with ranch

Fuck, peanut butter chicken is my favorite at the local Chinese restaurant. I had a drunken dream about eating it last night actually.

Peanut sauce for kebabs is pretty good

Curried peanut butter cream for red meat, user, it is amazing on steaks. And i mean, real peanut butter, don't go for that murica bullshit full of sugar, you will want pure peanut beaten into 'butter'.