>Overrated piece of shit

The Catcher in the Rye

>Your favorite work of literature
Invisible Cities.

>Your least favorite work of literature
The Great Gatsby.

>white buildings
>anything from the beats

Not gonna waste 25 min so post a screenhot no one cares about anyway.

One of those questions that had the upside down T, circle, then a V on a platform stumped me.

>Favourite.
War and Peace I guess.

>Overrated.
Blood Meridian.

Hmm. My IQ was 117 accordong to that. And 116ish according to that mensa free home test they gave away a few years ago. I wonder how it compares to a real IQ test.

Good : Jayne Eyre.
Shit: : ms dalloway.

Best: All quiet on the western front
Worst: Catcher in the rye

Btw, anyone that understands how is tests are conducted wouldn't waste time with an online test.

I was tested by a psychologist in august, it took 2 hours.

ok

>Bell curve
Fucking humaniturds

112. I don't read. Wait why am I on Veeky Forums?

And how did your score differ from the online test?

>Your IQ
>Your favourite work of literature
Being and Time
>Your Least favourite work of literature
To Kill a Mockinbird or Harry Potter

>IQ is 101.
>Being and Time.

More like Wasting Time.

I know my iq from two real tests as a kid and teen. 127 was lower one 129 higher.

Favorite book: changes dresden files

Least favorite book: atlas shrugged

I should say my favorite book is the cisco asa one actually since it has brought me very very comfortable living

Anybody sub-115 needs to leave Veeky Forums.
>favourite
The Fifth Head of Cerberus
>least favourite
The Kite Runner

129 (comfortably numb)

Favorite: Oxford Complete Shakespeare

Garbage: Life of Pie

Favorite: Old man and the sea
Least: Norwegian wood

This is peak Veeky Forums. Masturbating over your IQ and tastes in books.

>IQ: 100
>book: Republic (Plato)

I don't read fiction, come at me bros

This, and people are choosing books that they think correspond to their IQ scores as if they're obligated to prove themselves.
>IQ 135
>Favorite book is War and Peace
Yeah, totally your favorite. I'm sure you didn't choose that just because it makes you look smart.

Got 130. Didn't finish in time though.
Only started reading more these so i guess LotR.
No least favorite.

>http
Fuck off cia nigger.

>152
>The God Delusion

Thats a good point
>iq site
>not https

Really makes you think

Anna karenina
none specifically

>135
>Either Lolita or Naked Lunch

Forgot about the least favorite piece of work.
>Perfume, by Patrick Süskind.
You know that book everyone tells you to read because it's OMG, SOOOO GOOD. It's fucking shit, and I don't read any recommendations i'm given irl anymore.

fav: neuromancer

least fav: can't abide most post-structuralism

IQ threads belong on even if they're cursorily book related.

>92
>favourite: Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>least: The moral landscape

>americans and their iqs
>99
>European smartass
>American dumbass

Portrait of the artist as a young man
Hunger games: catching fire

Last I checked it was like 119 or something. Not wasting 30 minutes on that.

Hard to say. The Pale King, maybe

Atlas Shrugged

>mfw I don't dare to take an IQ test because I'm afraid that it will shatter my false belief that I'm actually intelligent

it's all I have left

high IQ didn't make the japanese win the war desu

>Your IQ
>Your favourite work of literature
The Daodejing of Laozi
>Your least favourite work of literature
Purple (Fucking)Hibiscus

As if winners actually win.

Mein Kampf

no, but I still live in a world where my worth is measured by either my dick-size or my IQ

And I already have a small penis

your worth should be measured by your devotion to god

>over-extending the analogy
Brainlet detected. Don't take an IQ test

>89
>Das Kapital
>the rest of Economics

You asked for it. I cannot resist brainlets who doesn't consider this possibility.

>tfw to intejilent too won

>favourite: epic of gilgamesh
>least: picture of dorian gray

Luther please leave.

>whenever we have one of these brain-cock measuring contests, everyone has iq at least in the 95th percentile
I'm forced to conclude that the test is faulty.

I'm not the guy who drew the comparison, but whether or not anyone "actually wins" a war is immaterial to the point. You understood it enough to unnecessarily belabor it, but not enough to take it for what value it has so you offered a trite opinion about the futility of war. Just accept the (perfectly salient) proposition that IQ isn't the total descriptor of physical success and leave it you fucking autist

>70.
>Art of the Deal.

>150.
>Hard Choices.

>131
Is it enough to write a good novel? Asking for a friend who happens to have the same iq
>favorite
Probably Don Quixote, but I don't really have a "favorite"
>least
Anything murakami, but Im sure there must be stuff thats even worse

>Your IQ

>Favorite
Infinite Jest

>Least Favorite
Of Mice & Men

Why would you waste those 2 hours? What did you score?

Pretty sure Salinger's IQ was in the 110s, but I don't know if you consider him a "good" novel writer. It's definitely high enough to write a successful novel: hell, people with IQs in the nineties (Stephanie Meyers etc.) write wildly profitable works of fiction.

My IQ is 125 and I guessed around ~12 answers.

The questions 30 to 35 are frustrating as fuck. Explain your thought process if you do solve them correctly.

Which Murakami? I don't like Haruki at all, although I read most of his work.

Ulysses.
I don't have an exact least favorite work, probably some shallow YA fiction I've read a long time ago and forgot about.

>IQ means literally anything
>a single probe has value unto itself in any measurable way

Shit thread for ego-inflation, but that's why more than half of you even pick up books in the first place.

Reading is for fags.

Now I'm looking at things more calmly and I get 30 and 31, but 32 to 35 are maddening.

Now I do get 33 too.

I can probably solve them all, but my problem is that I'm losing my composure when I encounter even some slight resistance--and running against the clock doesn't help.

End of blog.

Why you didn't like Dorian Gray? It's comfy and beautifully written.

Your IQ lies outside the area that the test is able to measure. We are hoping to extend this area as soon as we have gathered more data. Remember that it is a good idea to practice tests such as this - there are many others available online.

Am I retarded or smart ?

Just tell us your favourite book and we will judge it for you.

Last time I took an internet IQ test I got 125, so it's probably 115-120.

Favourite is Moby Dick or Anna Karenina
Least favorite is I Am Number Four (terrible YA)

When I took that one I got 133, but I didn't save a screen cap
Finnegans Wake

I can understand every question except for the one with the lines with squares on top or hanging from the bottom, the one with stacked squares on either sides of the line, and the final one

Favourite is Parzival, probably runners up would be The Brothers Karamazov and The Count of Monte Cristo

Least is any of the YA that other 17 year olds read

Give the number of the questions you don't get instead of doing this, and maybe I'll help.

I was just recalling them from when I took the test weeks ago, I didn't remember the post numbers

I don't want help anyway, user. I want my results in future tests to be accurate

IQ can't measure things such as emotional intelligence, social intelligence, creativity, etc- essentially a lot of the things that go into making and appreciating art.

>IQ
I just guessed every answer and got 106
>Favorite Lit
Notes From The Underground
>Least
The Pearl

Actually there is a correlation along most if not all of those. Correlations of varying intensities sure, but correlations regardless

>I just guessed every answer and got 106
Fucking why? Make an effort, retard. It's not a long or boring test

I suppose to prove how garbage the test is?

>hurr look I used to test in a way it wasn't meant to be used and it broke lol what garbage
a 106 IQ is not that unrealistic an expectation when you randomly guess. It may be above "average" but that's still a p dumb IQ

>Your IQ
Gravity's Rainbow
nothing comes to mind

This test is not even standardised so fuck off
Stop masturbating

>not wanting to get better is "being accurate"

More like accurately mediocre lmao

>dude I got so much smarter after my teacher handed me all the answers to our test tomorrow!

IQ is something stupid people clutch at because they already "know" they are smart, they just want a number to prove it.

>I'm a genius with an IQ of 147 hurrrr

Okay. Explain the last question.

Oh no! You took the test and received a good score. Now I come along and guess on every answer (twice) and receive the average (twice).

I can't, having a high IQ doesn't mean I'll be able to fully understand every single one

It's actually how school works, genius.

>okay kids, I will not explain what you did wrong in the last exam lol
>here are your notes with no explanations whatsoever!!

I agree, that's the point I'm making. IQ doesn't necessarily determine the "goodness" (by any definition of the term) of a work of art.

That doesn't work for a test measuring inherent ability instead of memorization or skill, dumbass

Higher IQ should make you more consistent in goodness though.

Your inherent ability gets better if the correct reasoning is shown to you.

not the user you're meaningfully talking to, but I don't see how an IQ test comprised of Raven's Progressive Matrices measures inherent ability or renders similar results over time. Intuitively, it seems like one can significantly improve his performance at pattern recognition... I'm open to read some literature on this, but I must confess, although I acknowledge the utility of IQ test I remain very sceptical as to their ability to measure ''''inherent'''' intelligence.

Any recs to lit on this?

Scored 131

Anna Karenina and Oblomov are two of my favourites

I really hate Kurt Vonnegut.

wood

It´s bullshit, i´m still dumb as fuck

I don´t really have a favorite. The one writer i have consistently enjoyed the most, is probably Borges, so i´d choose his Complete Short Stories. If i had to choose on of his collections, it´d be Ficciones.
On novels, it´s i tie between Don Quijote or Crime and Punishment (I suspect i´d really enjoy The Brothers K, but i haven´t read it yet)

My least favorite is a Dystopian novel i read because i really liked this girl and she loved that book. It was horribly written and its sory very generic. I think it´s called Red Dawn or something

anyone willing to help out with this ?

"Inherent" ability is a meme, what counts is your actual ability (determined by genes + education and specific training for logic tests).

you btfo'd most of Veeky Forums with that last part, my dude