Ok, help a brainlet out. Ive finished chapter 3 and am so confused...

Ok, help a brainlet out. Ive finished chapter 3 and am so confused. I get that Oedipa and this Mzchenc or whatever guy are executing Pierce will. I dont quite get why Oedipa cucked his husband but whatever. What is Trystero? No matter how much I reread it I dont get what it is. No spoilers please.

its like the central mcguffin of the book...

are you reading this because someone on Veeky Forums recommended it? have you considered that you might find stephen king or john de la carre more enjoyable. nothing wrong with that

A simple explanation of what the fuck it is without ruining the whole story would suffice thank you

just read it, the confusion is part of pynchon. And before you come back at me with a meme arrow, that is not to say you will always be confused. Just read it. Maybe you'll get it, maybe you won;t.

But Trystero is not something you would miss, really.

Trystero is an old and secret postal organization that dresses in all black and has a muted post horn as a symbol. It went underground and awaits the renewal of its empire.

damn son thats kind of a bigger spoiler even than wikipedia

yeah might as well not read the book if this is the kind of info you were looking to be handed.

What are you talking about?

It's about 100 pages long and not a plot-heavy book. It's more about a prose style and about creating an atmosphere that Pynchon feels says something important about the modern world. There's not really any plot twist, just information revealed at a sorta steady pace, and even then not that much. It's not like Star Wars or a Raymond Chandler book where learning what happens later in the book effectively ruins it.

You've read up to the third chapter and are wondering what Trystero is. Did it never occur to you that it might be explained later?

talkin about the OP
>No spoilers please.

OP is weird, but we all said that already

TCoL49 is not about the prose, lol

I agree that I was simplifying it and none of Pynchon is just about the prose but the prose is pretty important and beautiful too.

If it was you, I think you should delete that post. You might wanna be vindictive, but I think that was a big spoiler personally

Nah

Kind of shitty, but that's on you.

At the end of Gravity's Rainbow, Slothrop disintegrates into many pieces and the narrative becomes incoherent.

This
also this
justified

>Stephen King or John Le Carré
>implying Le Carré is anywhere near as shit as SK

> I haven't finished the book
> tell me what the mystery is
> but no spoilers, please!

Only brainlets think that and it's solely because they read it from some middlebrow turbo-pleb critic.

what are some pynchonian conspiracy theories that you propagate to the people in your lives?

the Myth about corn

Light bulbs are manufactured to break.

Keep on reading.

I can only agree with this user. If you don't understand, just keep reading.

>Only brainlets think that and it's solely because they read it from some middlebrow turbo-pleb critic.
What? I almost literally took it from the book. I've never read any official criticism on GR

If nothing else, it's an assholey spoiler