I fell for the "CS is a meme" meme...

I fell for the "CS is a meme" meme. Jesus Christ I dont know if my school's program is harder than most or what but algorithm analysis is fucking insane. I've taken all sorts of "hard" classes but they were nothing to this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEAYjQooHao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

welcome to the big leagues, kiddo

next time don't listen to a bunch of engineers who just finished calc 2 shitposting on Veeky Forums

you mean time, and space complexity analysis you brainlet?

Algorithm analysis isn't even hard. It's just procedural understanding of a solution's expense in terms of the scaling of operations performed. It's a curve, brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=vEAYjQooHao

mfw sedgewick starts talking about generating functions

seriously wtf is going on?

Taking classes outside your field is always harder because the ways of thinking involved in math, physics, CS, etc. are subtly different in ways that you just have to pick up by practice.

CS the natural extension and purest relevant application of math. This is only for a small percentage of designers 98% of non graduate CS is brainlet compare to the mainstream engineering programs

APOLOGIZE

too many \log _{2} n

>Falling for the "CS is a meme" meme
There's a reason we're paid 6 figures straight out of college for comfy jobs with a good work life balance user. Memes don't get you that

"CS is a meme" memers are plug-and-chug mathlet shitters thinking they're hot shit because they learned how to code off of "Learn $LANGUAGE in 30 days" books from Barnes & Noble. Incidentally, they're always the ones making disparaging comments about philosophy and watch Numberphile videos in public. They always drop out/burn out, nobody's impressed by their math worship, shitpost on /g/ and /pol/, and eventually die without ever seeing a vagina in person.

tl;dr it's your own damn fault for not discarding shitters' opinions.

>They're the retards who break the symmetrical and aesthetic design of an API to add some new specialized function for their specific use case
>They're the idiots who just write the code in the most obvious way possible to get the job done fast instead of treating the code as if it itself is an important thing that needs to be done right from the beginning
>They're the degenerates who don't know how to use variable names longer than 1 letter
>They're the invalids who don't know how to reuse core functionality, and instead copy and paste the same logic all over the place then break things when they update it and forget to update one of their duplications
I think it's time we ostracize all non-CS people from Veeky Forums

I think he’s talking about proving an algorithms correctness and such which is usually far from trivial.

muhfuggin' loop invariants amirite?

I thought CS was not about programming?

you at least need an algorithm to reason about

>You became such a brainlet that you devolved into a fucking jellyfish.

Perfection.

Formal specification, Z and so on to prove correctness in safety critical systems is pretty tricky user.

user's probably not talking about mere O(n) time and space complexity analysis here, more likely the kind of thing that goes into proving that x-ray machine calculations, insulin pump controllers or interplanetary probe applications aren't going to shit the bed in unexpected ways and kill someone or cause millions in damage or loss.

How do they even work?

I'm convinced that they're pulled out of asses.

>>They're the degenerates who don't know how to use variable names longer than 1 letter
guilty

Analysis of algorithms, operating systems and compiler construction are generally considered to be hard subjects to break into. Once you learn them you'll be fine with them, but the teachers definitely throw a lot at you in a short timespan.

Practice my man. If you're not spending 3 hours of practice after every lecture, you'll get fucked.

It's honestly not that hard once you wrap your head around it. Doing design and analysis of algorithms this semester (last semester). I think it's what sets real computer scientists apart from code monkeys. It's required for my university's honor's program, but not our major doesn't require it. Do do postgrad you need honors.

>They're the degenerates who don't know how to use variable names longer than 1 letter

user, here in Non-brainlet land, a short preface will explain all variables used just fine.