Engineering Major With the Smartest Students?

Other urls found in this thread:

theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

software engineering

>engineering
>smart
pick one, not both brainlet

electrical engineering?

Biology

Probably physics

I’m a brainlet interested in space related fields so I’ve taken relativity and quantum courses with written exams.

Some serious dudes on those courses

Mechanics. Then electronics. Then computer science. Then chemistry. Then thermodynamics. Then civil. Then everything not listed here. Then telecommunications.

im ee and i would have to disagree

you can do ee without learning anything, everything is already just abstraction. i don't really think you can say the same for the meche side of things from my experience

ee probably the least intelligent students, especially with all the computer shit it attracts idiots that worship portal 2

id say like cheme > meche > civil/industrial/ee > compsci > everything else

LMFAO E""""""""""E""""""""""

Engineering Physics

I'm a EE and a EE specialized in Controls can do everything a MechE can do and more.

Mathematics > Physics > everything else

Aeronautical engineering > electrical > mechanical > engineering physics > civil >>>>>> chemical e

Depends on the university as well I guess

not engineering

>until you need to apply control systems to actual structures

Mate, I go to one of the best engineering schools in the USA and mechanical engineers learn basically the same shit as aero engineers

Structural Mechanics can be solved by a Simple Computer Software nowadays written by a Software Engineer.

No need for Mechanical Engineers. Just a mechanic technician & a software is enough.

Nuclear Engineering >>> else

Materials science

Lo-fucking-l. You think some retard tier software engineer is writing new solvers for computational methods to solve even basic shit like that? No. Get to more complicated stuff like fluid structure interaction with compressible flow where the structure is a porous solid and you legitimate brainlets can't compete. Mech E masterrace can do it all though.. High performance computing can be learned on your own in a month if you're not an idiot, then you move to massively scalable unstructured mesh solvers so you can occupy 50-100 nodes on Excalibur or a university cluster and fill them for ~24 hours with Python/Cuda codes (or even prebuilt shit like Fluent) and solve actual problems for the DOD.

Virgin Physicist Chad Engineer

A MSc in Physics or Math can maker
softwares for Fluid mechanics & Structural Engineering
better than most MechE PhD could do in their entire lives.

Virgin EEs
Chad MEs

Daily reminder that Isaac Newton died a VIRGIN

And he probably didn't give a shit

And yet which are receiving the DOD funding? Oh that's right, the ME PhDs, because they're more practical. I can take a graph theory approach that gets 95% of the answer with an order of magnitude less computation, then build in a safety factor to keep something from exploding because of that. Is it the most correct? Absolutely not but it's fast

Piper Harron
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/

Interests: Social justice, Algebraic number theory, arithmetic statistics, teaching, writing,

The CV of a Liberated Mathematician

New York University, BA cum laude in Romance Languages
survived external and internalized misogyny
survived external and internalized racism

Princeton University, MA in Mathematics
survived external and internalized misogyny
survived external and internalized racism
survived pervasive and internalized cult of genius mythology

Real Life, Single Lady of Arts in Oppression
grew human in own body
gave birth to new human with own body
created milk with own body to sustain new human
survived pregnancy, labor, and infant care related misogyny

Real Life, Mistress of Arts in Self-Liberation
grew, birthed, and created milk for new human with own body
survived thesis writing while being a stay-at-home parent

Princeton University, PhD in Mathematics
Advisor: Manjul Bhargava

Denied Awards and Recognition
Surviving village-less parenthood is its own reward, 2011–
Surviving patriarchy is its own reward, 1980–
Surviving white supremacy is its own reward, 1980–

People switch to materials and manufacturing majors when they can't hack mechanical.

fuck I hate niggers so much

>High performance computing can be learned on your own in a month if you're not an idiot
just because you learn to drive a car doesn't mean you have any idea how it was designed

And the race car driver gets paid more than the engineers that built it, your point?

my point was that you can't understand HPC in one month, just how to use it (and you'll probably still suck at using it). also your analogy doesn't work cause the MEs that use HPC systems don't make more than the EE/CE/CS guys that made them

I mean I do, maybe I'm a special case. I do structures and CFD for hypersonics and have clearances they don't need to build the system. Not many sysadmins making 280k their first year out of grad school I don't think.

sysadmins don't design HPC systems any more than mechanics design cars

Fucking kek.

I study Mechatronics engineering and read all the shit of ME, EE, SE, Maths and Physics anyway cause its cool and I like em all. Am I autistic?

I bet this "Virgin Newton" is a meme.
Alright, Newton was indeed more focused on studying than doing anything else most of his life, but then, when things started working out for him, he became a fucking SIR. Dude, seriously, no one dies a virgin being a SIR.
That's right, you can't. He probably fucked mad pussy after he became part of the royal society, he just didn't brag about it.

>no one dies a virgin being a SIR.
Excepts scientists like Newton.

Reminder that Tesla died a Virgin too

Gotcha true. In grad school I built my own cluster, with 12 nodes I guess I have less respect than I should. I feel like it's not too hard. Have a front end (I setup my workstation as one too), then have your 10 solver nodes and 2 scratch nodes that were just 2U boxes full of SSDs with 40GbE interconnect because I was doing it on a budget and my school was vastly overcharging for usage on the clusters. It worked well enough to solve the problems I did with one of my advisors. For the rest I just used DOD HPC resources.

There's no proofs that he died a virgin.

mighty mecha chads

the virgin is buff in this though.

All of the smartest people at my university (UT Austin) are in the EE program.

Agreed. Our university has our AE and ME courses identical.