Ok, Germans, I know you're here, tell me if I have reasons to be disappointed or not

Ok, Germans, I know you're here, tell me if I have reasons to be disappointed or not.

Went to a new German restaurant today, and this is a pic of my meal. Weinerschnitzel, rohtkohl, gruensalat, kasespatzle.
That's the smallest schnitzel I've ever seen. And what's up with that kasespatzle? I've never seen spatzle look like that. And I grew up eating german food, so I'm not unfamiliar with it. Also, the green salad had no kind of dressing at all on it, not even vinegar.
I realize I sound bitchy, but I was excited because there's not many German restaurants in the city I moved to, and usually if I want German food, I have to make it myself. Just wanted opinions.

Lazy ass jew cook.
>Spaetzle look storebought
>usually you get twice the meat
>no dressing at all
Burn the place to the ground

The schnitzel looks like it's cooked well, but it should be nearly the size of the plate. Other than that, the spaetzle looks shite, and the salad should at least have had a vinaigrette. The red cabbage looks okay, but how hard is it to fuck that up?

Geez, everything's gone to shit in Germany. In Australia people would go fucking nuts over a schnitz this size being served to them at the pub.
Though we'd be covering it in a tomato sauce and mozzarella and calling it a parma.

This specific restaurant is shit. There are some real gems tho if you know where to look. Which area/ city are you in?

Looks like overpriced tourist trap food to me. What I really hate when I see sth like this is the greens on the Schnitzel supposed to look like the final loving touch. I bet it was the only touch you fucking tossers, everything else came out of the freezer or those industrial size 20 kilo plastic buckets.

If you want a good Schnitzel in Germany ask the locals or at your hotel for a good place in town, quality can vary wildly.

That looks exactly like storebought spätzle, I've never seen them like this at places where they make them themselves
Small Schnitzel as well

I'd be disappointed too desu

If you paid more than 8€ for it you got scammed

how much did you pay?
>Wienerschnitzel
tiny as fuck
>käsespätzle
look to regular (meaniong storebought) also where are the caramelized onions that go with it.
>Rotkohl
looks okay, bit boring
>beilagensalat
looks okay bit boring

okay IF you did not pay more than 10 $ or 9 €

t. frankfurter bub ehemals rheinland und hamburg

Those are not real Kässpätzle. Definitely storebought. No onions in sight, no cheese crust. Also, serving Rotkohl with Schnitzel seems unusual to say the least. Salad is garbage. Schnitzel is way too small.

t. swabian

German here ...

1. Nobody eats Käsespätzle (Kaasspatzn actually) with Schnitzel, they are traditionally a meal all by themselves.
2. they are 100% storebought and look shitty (see pic for exemplary superior version)
3. Schnitzel is small and looks soggy
3. I have never seen Schnitzel eaten with Blaukraut, it is eaten either with fries or with Bavarian style potato salad (only diced potatoes, diced onions, stock, vinegar, oil and chives, nothing else. No mayo!). Plus there is always a slice or wedge of lemon you can squeeze over it if you like.

That's not Germany. I think this is a German restaurant in the US or UK.

I'm a German and that looks tasty af, might not be not 100% original composition, but it looksm uch better than shit-tier German restaurant food.

my german friend says "it's not store bought" and that yu guys dont know anything. he is chef from Württemberg so he knows

where'd they buy it from then?

its hand made in the kitchen

Practice your reading comprehension.

>an austrian dish
>with a bavarian dish
>with a swabian dish
>with a pan-european dish
I guess it's German or at least Germanic, sure, why not. Is north German food not common in restaurants abroad?

>what's up with the kasespatzle
That sort isn't too uncommon but it's somewhat shameful for a restaurant to serve it at you because it's factory made and sold dry at supermarkets. I have a bag of it in my pantry right now, actually.

>no dressing
Maybe they forgot. People make mistakes. Did you say something to waitstaff or just get reamed like a fuccboi then paid them for the privilege?
My family serves salad with salad sauce, which is easy to make. I'm surprised the restaurant didn't provide any.

Should specify: I am not German. Swiss. Guess that's German enough for the purposes of your thread.

>it should be nearly the size of the plate
This is a real food thread, american. Go back to your mcchicken and webm threads.

Your friend is an idiot and doesn't know shit about Spätzle. those are clearly dried, store-bought ones, otherwise they would have different thickness and length.

Also Rotkohl and Schnitzel shouldn't go together

>t. buys his groceries from Lidl and is in denial about living in abject poverty

i showed him you're post and he laugh you obviously have no clues about german cooking like him

this friend of yours... the chef
turkish fella is he?

syrian why?

asking for a friend

>syrian
>from wurttemberg
he's a foreign squatter, fuck off to reddit idiot

>he's a foreign squatter, fuck off to reddit idiot
he isnt actually syrian. he is full german from what i know

Literally only read the first line of the post. Who cares? Fuck Germany.

There is a very small chance those Spätzle were made with pic related, then they could look as uniform and spaghettilike as in the pic. But frankly I think it is very unlikely. Real Spätzle are scraped off a wooden board with a knife right into the boiling water and look totally different.

Is he a German now or a Syrian, retard? Shoving a German passport and citizenship up some mudslime's asshole as our government loves to do in the name of diversity doesn't make them German, just like a pregnant sow littering in a stable isn't going raise a bunch of race horses.

he is german. like a actual german ethnically

he called me retarded and said they were obliviously not handmade. i feel like a stupid now lol