Boss gave me a 6 pound beef tenderloin to take home today. what are some things you guys like to do with tenderloin...

boss gave me a 6 pound beef tenderloin to take home today. what are some things you guys like to do with tenderloin? I was thinking about slicing a pound or two really thin and putting it in my smoker

has some pretty decent marbling to it

>smoking fillet mignon

portioned out, I'll probably freeze whatever I don't use tomorrow. give me some good ideas for dinner anons

figured it was the wrong cut of meat to use, to be honest I've never made jerky before

guess I didn't click reply

Make a Wellington user

Make rice
Cook meat
Add together

that could be good. I've only tried it once ,I think I used store bought pastry though.

thank you for your suggestion

Bulgogi

Roast in oven, finish on stove top to get a nice sear, top with red wine demi-glace, or a horseradish cream sauce. Serve with some crispy potatoes and root vegetables

hehe yes good goy, continue to live off your mast- boss' scraps while he feasts on the entire cow. Don't forget to pay your taxes too heheh

>Smoking cock

Are there really people this obsessed with Jews?

i dunno, I think it's nice to get free stuff from work . not going to say working in a kitchen is the greatest, but shit like this or getting a meal every day is fine by me

I decided to go with this for tonight, and gonna do something more traditional like next time I want some.

all marinated. soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, green onion, ginger, garlic , and sake.

The only things I use tenderloin for is steaks or carpaccio. It is THE cut to make tartare with if you are that way inclined.
Also, stroganoff. It makes a killer stroganoff.

I like a mushroom, bourbon, dijon, cream sauce for the steaks. You're going to want some fat in your sauce because of the lean cut of meat. Or rub it with spices and serve with coffee butter.

mmm stroganoff. now that's a good idea. if i had thought of that before I made bulgogi I would've made that tonight.

I bought a 6lb tenderloin PSMO a few days ago. Into the freezer it went. Gonna thaw it, remove the silverskin and slice into steaks, cook them rare-to-medium then serve with wine reduction, sides of sauteed green cabbage and fried mushroom. Nothing fancy.
The only issue is: I can't decide on a starch to eat with it. Fries? Baked potato? Rice? Bread/rolls? What do you eat with steak?

Or maybe not a PSMO. What's it called when the thing is trimmed, but the silver-skin is still on? I thought PSMO was Peeled Side-Muscle On, but turns out it's Peeled, Silver-skin off, side Muscle On, which makes less than logical sense to me.
What I bought is peeled/trimmed but still has the silverskin and side muscle.