My friend thinks he knows the entire physics of the universe and can't accept that things behave in strange ways that...

My friend thinks he knows the entire physics of the universe and can't accept that things behave in strange ways that you wouldn't expect.

I was making a smoothie. I had 100g of water in a cup on a set of scales. I had 10 grams of blueberries. I threw the blueberries into the water and the scales say 100 grams, not 110. I told him it is because of density of the berries (they float) so they are boyent pulling up and their mass doesnt push on the scales.

He is calling me a lier and telling me my scales are broken (despite their ability to recognize even 1 gram of salt) and won't accept that there is a logical scientific explanation for why this is happening.

Help me explain to him why because he is raging at me telling me its impossible.
I am not qualified to know the sceince behind it.

I think you're lying.

you're retarded

yes, your scale is wrong
the scale should read 110g even though the berries are floating, because of newton's 3rd law

This is obviously some retarded high schoolers homework problem. Also you're wrong. Fuck off OP do your own hmwk.

Unless the berries displaced water and it overflowed out of the cup, your scale is wrong.

A similar fallacy is the guy who needs to drive over a bridge.
His truck, empty, weighs less than the posted load limit.
His truck, with a cargo of birds, weighs more than the limit.
His "solution" is to hammer on the side of the truck until all the birds are flying and then drive across.
It doesn't work like that!
Your friend may not know all the physics in the universe, but he knows more than you do.

did this bullshit myself and im surprised he wasnt bullshitiing

I'm really not, I came here to get some proof not be harassed, go try it yourself

Stfu and go try yourself

It is not, it can recognize even 1 gram of salt, why would it have trouble with something 10x that mass?

No

No

no, you are wrong
the fact that so many people here can't understand basic principles of newton's 3rd law is truly amusing

Is this b88?

So, We fill the top stage of Musk's BFR with water and we can lift an unlimited number of people away from Earth and toward Mars.
Naturally.
So long as they're floating, they don't weigh anything!

>all these plebs not understanding how fluids work

Read Archimedes, idiots. The blueberries actually make the fluid weigh LESS than it did before, because it absorbs the liquid itself. As a result, since the blueberries aren't pushing down on the scale (i.e. they are FLOATING, morons) and they absorb the water, the scale is broken, because it should have said 90 grams.

thank you for doing the experiment for me

come on...

MENDOKUSEEEYOO

lmao, look at this tard

>boyent pulling up
>boyent
>pulling up

fucking erase your existence

Have him lay on the floor with a bowl of water on his hand, then pour a shit load of berries into it and see how much more weight he feels

>most people at a science dedicated board have trouble understanding basic newtonian high school problems
really makes you think

This + checked

>His "solution" is to hammer on the side of the truck until all the birds are flying and then drive across.
It doesn't work like that!

If its an openish cage it could lower the mass. Ofc if its closed it wont.

This is for all the idiots who have no idea how physics works. The OP here to meme all of you, or he is literally one of the most retarded people to ever post on this site.

We're talking about blueberries not orange.

>Im going to 'replicate' an experiment but change the parameters, I will be scientific but use different fruits that may affect the results.
Imbecile.

Also, the orange isnt even the same one.

Are you two actually serious? Let me guess, the earth is flat and fluoride is a radioactive chemical that lets the government track us?

Sticker on first orange
Conveniently, second orange has no sticker.

Dont pretend you took off the sticker because it might weigh some. You changed oranges

The scale has >10% error or 1 sig fig. That's what you get for buying chink shit.

Are you two blind? There's even a spot on top of the "orange" that is present in both pictures.

Have you seen modern CGI? This could have easily been faked.

This shows that no matter what you show people as proof, if they don't want to believe it, they'll make up anything to refute you. Stay retarded Veeky Forums

This thread is obviously hilarious. Almost all the replies are making me laugh my ass off. No one is actually serious m8

How are you this fucking retarded?
I can't fathom how one is so easily baited. Crazy.

You two were the TRUE VICTIMS

B)

You mean bb-8?

summerchilds everywhere...

Lol wp user, b8 100% delivered

The blueberries won't absorb their exact weight dumbo

Thx for this post OP, it shows how brainlets Veeky Forums users are

Why wouldnt it work? If the birds are in the air their weight isnt a force acting on the car or the bridge

>actively trying to prove OP wrong
you guys are fucking retarded

Think about it. The birds are pushing up on the air. in order to create enough lift to counteract gravity, they must push down on the air with their own weight. But then what happens to that air? It gets pushed down, and its pressure then pushes the truck down with the same force as the birds weight.

Think about it with magnets instead. If you were levitating a heavy magnet in your truck with another magnet, then the bottom magnet is pushing the top one up. But the top one is also pushing the bottom one down with the same force.

>when you realize halfway through the post that the poster is the retard and his friend probably has a basic understanding of physics

pls somebody tell this guy why he is absolutely fucking retarded.

prove me wrong faggot

the birds don't push all the air pressure down onto the floor of the vehicle. even in the ideal case of an airtight truck, none of the flapping would increase the air pressure of the truck, other than from the heat they generate. EVEN if the air pressure of the truck is increasing, the pressure pushes evenly in all directions and would not add back the weight of the birds onto the weight of the truck over the bridge. The birds are pushing themselves up, they are adding upward force to the system of the bird and the truck, thus the weight is mildly alleviated.

But they keep themselves up by creating a pressure difference. High pressure under the wing, and low pressure above the wing. The flow is unsteady, so pressure is not uniform, and hence will not push evenly on the ceiling and floor of the truck.

The birds create a net force down on all of the air. So the air must accelerate downwards unless another force pushes it up (decelerates it). In this case, the floor of the truck does this.

You must consider conservation of linear momentum. In your description, it is violated.

It's actually the exact same principle as OP is describing in his post. Obviously adding the grapes will increase the force on the scale, as that is the only path by which the gravitational loading of the grapes can transfer. It's essentially the same effect as simply pouring more water into the bowl. It will increase the measured weight on the scale.

I encourage you to also look into the idea of trying to blow your own sail. It's a similar principle.

you know what. I can actually agree with that. Perhaps in an airtight case he would be right. However, generally i do think it would work since the pressure under the wings could be spread both along the floor of the truck and potentially elsewhere out of the truck and onto the road.

>obvious measureament error means i discovered new physics
by any chance are you working with the team that tested the EM drive?

people talk about dark matter yet there is no proof just made up physics

I have the explanation wich wil solve evrything. Basicly OP is a braindead faggot (no suprise).

The ony way scale is off since it is a cheap chinese scale and cant really measure meass thatwell when heavier objects are being wheighed.

Eventhough blueberries are less dense than watta theyr mass will contribute no matter what since no watter is out of the container.

That is not how lift works

It isn't even summer you chump

I never laughed at a Veeky Forums thread like this before

Most of you brainlets don't even know the simple basics of physics and continue arguing

This proves that all boards that are meant to know their shit dont.

Otherwise they would understand the multi dimensional blueberry conundrum.

im literally laughing at you idiots.

Since this thread is dead and retarded, I'm also gonna post a dumb question that I have difficulty understanding.

>standing on dry dirt
>touch negative terminal on car battery and nothing else
>touch positive terminal on car battery and nothing else
Nothing happens
>touch one and metal or both -> ded

So if I touch a neg/pos terminal does my "potential" change? There has to be a difference in potential between a car battery and the dirt I'm standing on but obviously no current actually flows. Touching either should pull/push electrons in the body, so even if I don't get shocked it'll still change the "potential" of my hand, correct? Or does it not affect the electrostatic potential of my body if I am grounded?

>blueberries are floating in the water
>water is bang on the 100ml line
>blueberries don't displace water

Earth is flat. Physics told in School is a lie.

Gravity and Round Earth are Deceptions.

Open your minds Sheeple.

See people? Here's another brainlet that ignores the Ecuator

Voltages below the middle thirties don't cross the skin on your hands.

You can close a 9v alkaline battery in your fist without noticing, but you can test their charge against your tongue. Even 'dead' ones, too discharged to use for many things, still feel like something.

>Putting water in smoothie
>Only 10g of blueberries
>Actually weighting out the ingredients for a smoothie

Not only do you not understand physics, you also suck at making smoothies.

Use blueberries instead and see that you’re wrong, brainlet

That's why its a fallacy...

isn't the guy chinese?

>grape smoothie
Thats gotta be the worst fruit you could make a smoothie out of

how can you be this retarded

>Most people here think IQ is the Alpha and Omega or means literally nothing at all.

Really jogs the noggin