Who /massmarketpaperback/ here?

Who /massmarketpaperback/ here?

have you no shame

I have a library of almost a thousand volumes. I reckon maybe half of them are MMPBs.

>inb4 muh expensive hardcover
some people don't want to spend $40 on a pocket, /MMBP/ represent

There's a guy on here whose dad (or uncle?) collects old penguins. I saved a few of the pictures, they're pretty neat looking books imo.

>81 books
>only 10 worth existing

Which ones pussy?

>Sinclair Lewis
>Graham Greene
>Evelyn Waugh
>none of their works that usually overlap readers
how? especially with Waugh and Lewis. especially with Greene and Waugh too when you have Maugham which should have lead you to the other Waugh. it's like only reading Robert Louis Stevenson's travel diaries and Mary Shelley's responses to her feminist mother.

This, I counted 11.

You should know that Veeky Forums isn't about reading. It's a self-help page for desperately insecure manchildren who will look for any opportunity to bully or insult someone in a desperate attempt to feel superior. You should therefore stick your head in an oven for reading anything other than cloth-bound first editions.

thats dope

that looks pretty great desu

These aren't the only books I own niggers

Pics of Scoop and It Can't Happen Here and Put out more Flags or I'm right about you, chump

lol shit, I meant to include Greene. Our Man in Havana too

what the fuck are your problems with paperbacks, Veeky Forums?

Right about what you stupid faggot? That I read the books that sound interesting to me from authors? not just what the reviews(/the man) say are their sickest most dope ass important works. Reeeeeeee leave me alone.

I'm saying you're doing something that's almost impossible. It's like someone who knows those are famous authors but not what they're famous for. You're the only person I've ever seen who does read Waugh and Lewis, but doesn't read them both because of newspaper and propaganda barons. You're an ignorant little precious snowflake, and that isn't me bullying you. You've managed to avoid all the publicity about the people who made novels about publicity famous, even from themselves. If you were trying to do this, it would be some seriously perverse autist shit, but you seem completely unaware of these things and that is just precious and beautiful user. I'm not trying to rag on you, I'm saying the gaps in your collection are a level of meta literary achievement beyond any mere Veeky Forumsizen. Y

You should read Waugh's brother instead of spoiling your innocence first with the books I pointed out are missing and create your glorious naivete, because he is closer to Maugham than Evelyn. Alexander (or Alec) Waugh.

The ones I listed all have similar themes and meanness to their joking that you just don't need from your missing works before you read about stuff closer to Maugham, which you would like more. The ones you got are the more loving sort of their works.

Please leave me alone. Please

Sorry, user, I read the younger Waugh than you. Have more (You)s

>Faust, For Whom the Bell Tolls, the Hobbit, Foucault's Pendulum, Steppenwolf, Siddhartha, Demian, Magister Ludi, Narzis und Goldmund,
doctor Zhivago
Fite me

Guhhh TRIGGERED

Hell yeah. I always buy from used book stores or garage sales and such. Cheap books are great.

>It's a self-help page for desperately insecure manchildren who will look for any opportunity to bully or insult someone in a desperate attempt to feel superior

That's the entire site, user. Far from being exclusive to Veeky Forums

I like small paperbacks that fit into my pocket so I can read when I go to the park or coffee shop. Fight me.

Ignore the memers, they're only doing themselves a disservice, but yes there do seem to be a lot of contrarian pseuds on this board who are just here to quote shit from /pol/ threads.

>the hobbit
>hesse

embarassing.